[Archive] Clam's Garage (WIP Chaos Dwarf Grenadier)

Da Crusha:

wow, I have to admit this is my first time seeing your army, and its looks great, I especially like all the 3rd ed models and your fantastic conversion work. good job :hat off

Xander:

Maybe I should bump my own blog, lol. So I can get some kudos from newer members. lol

Great stuff Clam, I voted for your GH entry. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

I voted for Clam as well, this army is easily in my top five of my favorite armies on the site.

Kera foehunter:

copycats !!! maybe we should watch the voting more carefully

im just teasing

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Awesome stuff. Thumbs up!

cricketofdeth:

Sweet collection of the marauder era chaos dwarfs. How long did it take to get the all?

Gelli:

Just seen all the stuff and have to saw it’s pretty nice, that painted seige cannon is superbly done. Great to see someone giving there best paintjob to minis they have gone to alot of effort to obtain. Has any progress been made on the rest of the marauders? Also have you considered using this list with the standard dwarf list instead of the CD one?

The Brain:

I have just seen your army it looks cool. What model did you use for yout Taurus, he looks tough.

clam:

Fist of all, thanks for all the nice words. This should be motivation to do more  - but I’m unable to do anything these days - dued to the fact, that I’ve been forced to pack everything down, as my youngest son is moving into my hobbyroom :mad But wife has agreed finding a new cave for me - somewhere in our house - so within a month or two - everting should be back to normal.

And then thanks to Willmark and Xander for your votes - sadly it wasn’t enough :~

:smiley:

Maybe I should bump my own blog, lol.  So I can get some kudos from newer members. lol

Xander
lol - yes, why not :smiley: Your army is great and it deserves some kudoes :slight_smile:

- or you could also just post those painted resin immortals :wink:
Sweet collection of the marauder era chaos dwarfs. How long did it take to get the all?

cricketofdeth
Started out in 2007, but I’m not quite there yet - still needs a few more to say that my collection is complete.
Just seen all the stuff and have to saw it’s pretty nice, that painted seige cannon is superbly done. Great to see someone giving there best paintjob to minis they have gone to alot of effort to obtain. Has any progress been made on the rest of the marauders? Also have you considered using this list with the standard dwarf list instead of the CD one?

Gelli
Thx, <
I have just seen your army it looks cool. What model did you use for yout Taurus, he looks tough.

The Brain
Thx, the Taurus is a Reaper Brass Bull

Gelli:

bugger about the hobbyroom situation :frowning: the transition what take too long hopefully And would it be possible to see the wips of all 6 marauders, haven’t spied the six (I don’t think) in the rest of the blog. Hope you get the new room soon! :slight_smile:

clam:

Finally, I’ve mangede to find a spot in the house to be ‘me’. Much of my stuff is still packed away, but I’ve manage to find paints and bruches - so I’ve been spending a few hours painting this week - and I think you deserves to see any progress I’ve done.

As said most is packed away - butso why not start painting some of the new stuff I’ve got then.

So I’ve painted my two ‘Rozmax’ Dwarfs - that I’ve bougt from TrollForgeMiniatures.

Sorcerer:

Chaos Dwarf Lord

As these won’t fit my 3rd ed army - so I decided doing a small 500 gc Chaos Dwarf Warband. Was planing to enter Border Town Burning’s comp. - but not done yet - and they do not accept other then GW-figures :frowning:

The list will look like this:

Sorcerer

Gaoler with Mancatcher and steel wip (Re-painted and based GH VI entry)

Gaoler with helmet, axe and shield

Bull Centaur with2 axes (yes, it’s my GH IX entry)

Chaos Dwarf warrior with blunderbuss and

3 Informers (Spear, axe and mace/dagger)

So the warband look’s like this right now:

(That’s the Bull Centaur, Sorcerer and 2 Gaolers).

My plan is that Blunderbuss warrior shall be another Rozmax fig - this:

So hopefully, we will see that in production at TFM in a near future.

And then I have to find 3 creapy characters for the informers

Think it will be a goblin, a skaven and a barbarian - but as I haven’t come up with any ideas for these - I’m open for suggestions and ideas :smiley:

And now - don’t expect a painting boom - please. There is still lots to do with the house overhaul - and most spare time is still used trying to keep the wife happy :wink:

Da Crusha:

oh cool troll forge mini’s, I have the warrior one but I havent assembled or painted it yet

clam:

Thanks, Da Crusha - would recommend you to assemble and paint him. Quite a nice figure painting.

And then I can tell, that I posted these painted Troll Forge miniatures at the TFM forum - and Hive Trygon (Ed Fortae) could tell - that the Blunderbuss is in his hands and will be casted as well - probably spun in metal - juhuuu :smiley:

He also got hold of Rozmax Orc Lord on Wyvern (Rozmax has postedit here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4522) - and that might also be casted.

So I’ll just have to wait for that blunderbuss guy a bit longer.

So I’m on to the Informers. Today I’ve ordered the Goblin. I’ll use one of these spear warriors:

Haven’t decided which one I’ll be using, yet. I’ll decide when they get here.

The Skaven, will be a converted Plague Monk- but I havent come up with an idea for the 3 one yet …? Maybe a female character?? Or … ?? Tell me what you think!

wallacer:

Looking good, Clam. The paintjobs are superb and the bases set them off nicely.

Kawazu:

Awesome stuff Clam! Great paintjob :cheers

Btw, are those goblins from Gamezone or what?

clam:

Thanks, to both of you, and yes, those goblins are from gamezone. And they have just been shiped from the UK today.

While waiting, I’m working on the Skaven right now - as I still haven’t come up with an idea for the third - but think it will be a human character - but please feel free to post any ideas, I’m pretty open for something else.

Sjoerdo:

Looking very nice, lots of promise!

You’re becoming quite the sculptor yourself!

Keep it up :cheers

clam:

@Sjoerdo

Ahh - you saw my attemt at doing a Lord riding a Taurus 3rd ed style? Gave it up again! Got a new idea now - including a slightly converted no GW fig as ‘count as Taurus’ and a interesting chaos dwarf fig.

I have to admit, that I shall leave it up to you guys doing the sculpting :smiley:

- and speaking about that - isn’t it time to see something new from you hands? - or just some good news about someonesgoing to cast Crabclaw :smiley:

astragoth:

a VERY cool sorcerer!

and those big hats are awsome

clam:

Have been down in bed with ‘the annual flue’ - but I’m up again - and painting :wink:

This time it’s Anno’s Chaos Dwarf Character, Zargod - a very, very interesting figure to paint - a big model with lots of details - but nothing like the AoW Dwarf Lord of Chaos (next for painting - and I hate it already). I’ve tested the colour scheme I think I’ll be using for my Big Hat army (when I come around to paint that one). Will probably change a few things, but I’m pretty pleased with, how he (Zargod) turned out.

And here he is ‘Ultra violet Zargod’ :wink:

- and then, I’m still awaiting the Goblin from Gamezone to arrive, but ‘The Rat’ is one it’s way. Here are a few WIP shots of him:

- still looking for ideas for the third Informer - the one with an axe - so advices and ideas are appreciated.

:cheers