[Archive] Clam's Garage (WIP Chaos Dwarf Grenadier)

wallacer:

They all look great. Nice seeing piles of old CD figures in a unit together.

Willmark:

I think we have a better chance of seeing Tallhat back on the forum then seeing paint on any of these awesome minis… :frowning:

clam:

Hey! - how dare you … :smiley:

And please take a look at the front row of those Marauders :wink:

As I have finish the Quest (more or less) - thanks to ‘Sharkboy’. I’m really motivated to start painting now. The hole time it has been a question abort how would the rank and which one i which unit and so on.

Only reason I’m not painting right now is, that I can’t decide whether to do those beards in bright colours like purples, greens, blues, yellows and reds or stick to the traditionals natural tones - what do you think? Help me choose!

Ghrask Dragh:

Colors all the way dude, you’ve already got the green armour you know you want to!!!

clam:

Btw - do you find these bases to small - I do - but game vice ...

clam
So what do you guys think about character base size? Do they look to small?
so many of the marauder chaos dwarfs all in one place!!!.... brings a tear to my eye *sniff*

grunts
Yes, it does - happy tears :)
I will finish off the command models for the CDs and then try to get a pic of the finished unit online.

Xander
I'll have to wait then :~
They all look great. Nice seeing piles of old CD figures in a unit together.

wallacer
Yes, you'll now all about that, now won't you :D You and your 'old' blog has been my main inspiration for this quest. Started out as a Big Hat fanatic - and look at me now. Still offen find myself looking at all those love models in your blog - and I still think we have deserved the right to see some close ups :D

And then take a look at what I wrote in your blog aprox one year ago :D
The Marauder figure is truely great. I wish it was mine. I hope to find these old Marauder CDs one day - they are so cool!

clam in Wallacer's blog 29.08.2007 12:12
Mission completed.

clam:

Did I hear anyone scream necromancy here? :smiley:

- yeah, I migh have. As you can see I haven�?Tt overran this blog lately. It�?Ts not that I haven�?Tt been building and painting anything in the past many months - but it�?Ts has been more true scale projects that I have attended.

Wife ordered me to rebuild our house �?" as I promised her back in 2006, when we bought it. Therefore, since September, I have been using all my spare time tearing down large parts of our house �?" to build her a new kitchen and dinning room. But I can see an end to it all, now. Still need to restore a few walls and to do a new floor in our utility room �?" but with Easter coming up �?" I think I could finish most of it by then.

And that means more hobby time for me :smiley:

Some might have seen that I�?Tve changed the title a little bit �?" this blog is no longer about scratch building an entire Tyrant Zhurak CD army.

When I started out �?" back in 2007- I never thought that I - 1½ year later - would have been able to collect an entire classic CD army �?" but here I am. So, I�?Tve boxed quite a few of the scratch build projects �?" and will (from now on) focus on building a complete 3rd-ish army.

This blog will (the next many months) mainly be about the progresses I do in my CD army building. Focus will be on building those Chaos Dwarfs that the 3rd edition range doesn�?Tt provide me with �?" but, I will also come and show you some of the other stuff I�?Tll be working on as well. So it will be more like shots from my workbench (Garage) from now on �?" so that should explain the new title…

As all warriors will be unconverted standard 3rd ed-ish/Marauders �?" there is really not much to show here �?" but to bulk up the units I plan on doing a few unit-fillers �?" and then there is the Lords/heroes and rare choices - all these should find there way in here.

First, an overview of what�?Ts in the Garage right now:

And for those who might ask? The answer is: �?~yes�?T, I�?Tm starting out Blood Bowl too :smiley: (and ‘no’ it’s not a april fools joke)

�?" hopefully my box set will show up tomorrow or Friday. I�?Tm really looking forward to build a few Blood Bowls teams as well - and start playing. I�?Tll start out with Orcs �?" and haven�?Tt decided the 2nd team yet �?" but I�?Tm leaning towards a 2nd Ed Chaos Dwarfs team

�?" but these upcoming female dwarfs

And the Impact! Dwarfs/Chaos Dwarfs are rather tempting too :smiley:

- But, let�?Ts make this more into chaos dwarfs �?" shall we?

Some might have seen my asking for wing sizes (here - and I still need wings for the count as Lammasu - so would still like some help) - but for the Taurus I went for the old 4th Ed Taurus wings.

So here he is - my WIP Taurus/Iron Bull:

The Skullfaced mounted Lord:

The Taurus and Rider:

It still needs quite a lot of GS work to do - but it should give you a picture of what I’m aiming for. The Lord is nearly done - still a bit cleaning up to do, but that’s it really.

The Bull still needs a lot of GS on wings - and I�?Tm also thinking about adding some chains and perhaps a few spikes �?" but not that sure where or how - so please come forth with any ideas you might have.

That’s it for tonight.

:cheers

Hazkar:

nice taurus

i also thought about useing this mini,but finally i used the khorne juggernaut

are you planning to model a seat for your lord?

what are your plans for the paint sceme?

clam:

Thx, Hazkar!

I’ll also try out the Chaos/Daemon Juggernaut for something Chaos Dwarfish one day. Not for this 3rd Ed army - but something else. It’s such a cool model - and should have a spot in every CD army :smiley:

I’ll not sculpt an actual seat - but as said I’m thinking about giving it some spiky bits - so I’m thinking about doing some kind of trophy rack behind his back.

And colours …? - not sure yet - but it’s a Iron Bull - so I’m thinking about some dark, rusty, metal look - and then give the wings some kind of natual flesh colours.

What do you think?

Ghrask Dragh:

Skullface sculpt turned really nice :hat off I’m liking the scales you’ve done on the wings too!

The mace was the right idea, the rusty metal look for the bull sounds just the one for the model, would be cool with the red glowing eyes :hashut

Hazkar:

when i saw the model i also thought about a metal look,with some firery light effect where one armor plate covers the next one

so it would look like the taurus is burning inside,i guess that would look cool if its painted well

and like ghrask wrot red glowing eyes of course

Kera foehunter:

nice work clam !! i see you like skinny cd women * kera smiles *

nice bull too

clam:

Not much news to bring you - sorry!

I’ve given up the Brass Bull conversion - as I actually don’t like the Bull-theme in my 3rd-ish looking Chaos Dwarf army - so I’ll have to come up with another idea - as I want a more chaos/evil looking creature - rather than a cow.

I did try combine the bull/3rd edition look in my GH IX entry - but I couldn’t deside wether I liked it or not - so I made it up to you guys :wink: - think it got ruled out - so I’ll try and figure out a different approach - guess it’s back to boars then.

But, as I put quite some work into it, I’ll still like to show you a few WIP pictures.

The WIPs:

And yes, the body is a resin cast :wink:

Loki:

Cant belive i have not seen this army before, great work on everything Clam, so good to see that many marauder chaos dwarfs in one place, i never used to like them but after playing along side ubertechies marauder chaos dwarfs army i have grown to like them and its all ways good to see them in big units like you have here. also great gs work on the bull centaur he looks great :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Very strange … it´s the first time I see this brilliant, awesome and overwhelming army! :hat off

At the first glance I presume you have the complete collection of the old 3rd edition minis! Except the Juggernaut … or am I be wrong??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also your conversion work is stunning … there are no proper words to describe my feelings!!! :hat off

… when will we see all these minis painted???:cheers

:hashut

clam:

Yes, that’s strange indeed - as it has been here for ages :smiley: - but glad you both found it. And thanks for the nice words.

and Loki, I’m glad that Ubertechie’s army has made you see real beauty.

- and painted? - You are an evil man, what’s wrong with white metal :wink: - but yes, they will get painted … one day :smiley:

I think the collection is kind of complet - only model I still neeeeed to get hold of is the unreleased Chaos Dwarf :smiley: - but there are still some evil looking dwarfs out there I would like to have too. Actually, you can find photos of my entire collection in our new wiki catalogue pages that Cornixt did a few weeks back - if you haven’t seen them, you’ll be able to find them here:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chaos_Dwarf_Models_-_2nd_and_3rd_edition

So about the Juggernaut? - hmmmm! the answer must be: ‘yes’ - as I have this:

- but as you seen it’s not a complet one. So obviously, the Wiki Jugger is not mine.

So I’m still looking for the second turret platform - and the original boar centaur.

two_heads_talking:

you are going to need better support for the boobs on those females… one or two games like that and those cannons won’t be pointing to the sky anymore.

Bassman:

Not much news to bring you - sorry!

I've given up the Brass Bull conversion - as I actually don't like the Bull-theme in my 3rd-ish looking Chaos Dwarf army - so I'll have to come up with another idea - as I want a more chaos/evil looking creature - rather than a cow.

I did try combine the bull/3rd edition look in my GH IX entry - but I couldn't deside wether I liked it or not - so I made it up to you guys ;) - think it got ruled out - so I'll try and figure out a different approach - guess it's back to boars then.

But, as I put quite some work into it, I'll still like to show you a few WIP pictures.

The WIPs:

And yes, the body is a resin cast ;)

clam
OK, now I know who is the maker of my third vote in GH IX.
It' funny none of them is a big hat :hat
Your bull really rocks as the rest of your stuff.

Kera foehunter:

great wip on the bull centaur clam. Is that one of your old granola bar you found stuck in the couch and use as a lava bace clam ??

wallacer:

Love the Bull Centaur and the Taurus. Good to see nice conversions and green stuffing executed well.

I might have to steal the bubbling lava idea you used in your base.

clam:

Thanks guys (and girl) - glad to hear that - at least few of you - did like the concept.

OK, now I know who is the maker of my third vote in GH IX.

It’ funny none of them is a big hat :hat

Your bull really rocks as the rest of your stuff.

Bassman
Thanks, then I know that I’ve got at least 2 votes.

And then what’s so funny? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: - the force is strong with you, my friend - we just have to learn you, how to control and use it.

First you need to practice with a jewelry saw - but most of all, we have to train you to find all the treasures (Marauders and 3rd’s) out there.

@Kera - no, it’s not some left overs - but just a regular block of cork :wink:

@wallacer - steal away