[Archive] Clam's Garage (WIP Chaos Dwarf Grenadier)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking sweet. I don’t think I’ve congratulated you yet, but congratulations! As for not having enough hours in the day, work through the night :smiley: My main contribution to CDs is on the podcast and I do it at 1 in the morning EARLIEST :smiley: Up by 10ish the next day (If I’m able to sleep in).

Anyway, looking good, but get more done :wink: Hope you can find a cheap enough resin. However, will 2-3kg be too much? Too much? Never can have too much, he he he.

Xander:

The army is looking awesome! Keep it up man. :smiley:

Willmark:

This army needs some paint! Otherwise awesome as usual

clam:

Paint? … now what is that? :smiley:

If I 've wanted painted miniatures - I would have played Confrontation: The Age of the Rag’narok - now wouldn’t I? :smiley:

Nah! - Only reason for not have started to paint these yet are, that I only paint finished/completed units - and I haven’t completed a single unit.

But that will happen - one day :slight_smile:

wallacer:

The standard bearer is fantastic. Love the CD rune on top of it.

Canix:

Those hobgoblins look excellent and using the plague monk bodies ,genius:hat off

Wow a whole load of mint marauders congratulations on them and popping the question:hat Look forward to seeing them painted :smiley:

al-hashut:

Wow, i love it when you leave a log alone for a while and come back to see one huge update. The hobgoblins look great, i’m especially fond of the big boss.

The bazooka/mortar blunderbuss unit is particulary well done. Looking forward to more

clam:

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately :smiley:

And … I have decided to resin cast my warriors with hand weapon and shield and great weapons.

I’ll do a 2 parted cast. A body cast and a torso cast. 4-6 of each. Then I can mix them - and make them all look different. Heads will still be those Chaos Warrior heads from 5th and 6th edition - and perhaps some of the new ones. Arms will be taken from various dwarf sprues.

So what I need to get started is just another box set of plastic dwarfs warriors - so I can get started on those masters :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted on progresses.

Meanwhile, please take a look at my final achievement. Some might have seen resent my post at the ‘Collection Quest thread’ about �?~finishing�?T the Quest - and tonight I have had all my classic Chaos Dwarfs out on the table - now that’s a pretty sight

And some unit close ups:

Warrior 1 - 22 Marauders + Calim Sliceblade and Harnick Neckcleaver

Warrior 2 - C16s, D3s and Renegades + Loki Wraithaxe + Beastmaster

Warrior 2 - Mainly D3s and Renegades + The Black Dwarf

Blunderbusses - various Crossbow men and War Machines + Kees Headblast - Marauder Crossbow

Xander:

Everything is looking amazing! Well done Clam! Resin casting is the way to go, trust me. I’ve cast 20 Hobgobs and 20 CDs now using two part molds. They really are a time saver. :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

Great start on the marauders, can’t wait to see those guys finished :slight_smile:

Thats an impressive collection of 3rd Ed mini’s too, old-skool ftw :hat off

(interesting Ogre, will keep an eye out for that!)

Kera foehunter:

nice old guys clam! Who is the skull guy in front far left with the skull mask

Willmark:

This army is going to look most impressive when complete. In fact a very unique look to it and feel as it were.

clam:

Resin casting is the way to go, trust me.  I've cast 20 Hobgobs and 20 CDs now using two part molds.  They really are a time saver. :)

Xander
Glad to know and let's see them, shall we? - but yes, I'm really looking forward getting started.
Great start on the marauders, can't wait to see those guys finished :)

Thats an impressive collection of 3rd Ed mini's too, old-skool ftw :hat off

(interesting Ogre, will keep an eye out for that!)

Ghrask Dragh
Yes, that's how much I painted up on that Marathon on August 23rd :~ - after 6 hours of painting- and they only got the first couple of coats - G! I'm a slow painter.

What Ogre? - Oh! that one :D - it's just a unit filler for the future second scratch build Blunderbuss unit :D
nice old guys clam! Who is the skull guy in front far left  with the skull mask

Kera foehunter
Yes, they are nice - and the skull faced guy is a Marauder Miniature(MM90/2c) - it's one of my favorites too - you know :)

clam:

Oh! and I totally forgot to show you these master piece - when it comes down to Chaos Dwarf Classics :smiley:

The Whirlwind

The Tenderiser

Think I’ll start painting these - very soon :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

I wish i had a completed whirlwind and an unbroken tenderiser. Its a shame that your boar centaurs helmet is broken though. That unit of marauders is going to look awesome when its completed. Are you going to include the mage and the xbowman in the warrior unit? Or are you going to use the mage as a hero and the xbowman as a crossbowman/blunderbuss?

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Great Models man, looking good :slight_smile:

clam:

@Pyro

Yes, it’s a shame that the spike and rivets has gone on the boar body 1 helmet. I have tried to find a complete one - but have had no luck :frowning: Think I might recast it some way or another.

And the Marauder unit will be without Mage and Crossbow. The Mage will be my sorcerer of Death and Crossbow will - as you can see in the BB unit have a central place. So 2 Twisted Tales dwarfs found their way into this VIP (VICD :D) unit.

The Sorcerer of Death and Shadow Sorcerer (have to find him a decent base (don’t you think - think I’ll go for a Micro Art Studio - haunted base):

Btw - do you find these bases to small - I do - but game vice …

Kera foehunter:

nice warmachine with boarcentaurs (lucky)

grunts:

so many of the marauder chaos dwarfs all in one place!!!.. brings a tear to my eye sniff

Xander:

Resin casting is the way to go, trust me. I've cast 20 Hobgobs and 20 CDs now using two part molds. They really are a time saver. :)

Xander
Glad to know and let's see them, shall we? - but yes, I'm really looking forward getting started.

clam
I will finish off the command models for the CDs and then try to get a pic of the finished unit online.