[Archive] Creating DoW Style Hobgoblin Spear Warriors/Archers

Hobgoblyn:

This probably isn’t a terribly original idea, but here a guide on how to create Hobgoblins who match the style of Ghazak Khan, Oglah Khan and the DoW Hobgoblin Wolfriders. They won’t look like the old Chaos Dwarf line ones and unfortunately their equipment is going to be slightly outside of the current list (but you can count the spears as regular melee weapons one would suppose), but if you are going to be using the new Wolf Riders it might be nice to have a Mongolian/Chinese style footmen to go with it.

So what you need is the following:

1) Box of Bretonnian Footmen or Archers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Have you got any pictures of the end result or the process? I would love to see some examples!

Xander:

I also would love to see some pictures! The conversion sounds very interesting!

Hobgoblyn:

The conversion is probably perfectly good and interesting. The problem is that my painting skills are well… not. Despite playing WarHammer on and off for 14 years, I have never been a decent painter and never had much help in terms of improving my skills (this army is the first one I am even trying high lights on. I have no idea what to do with inks or dry brushes) and my army uniforms are far more bright and cartoonish than people try to aim for.

However, since you requested it I’ll give you a couple pictures of the five models I have created so far.

gIL^:

I had this idea, but i didnt bother. They don’t have the hobgoblin look, too organised :stuck_out_tongue:

So I made kick ass kislev guys.

StyrofoamKing:

To me, the heads and the bodies don’t seem to match up. Once again (though, for the first time on this site,) I recommend folks to track down the now out of business ‘Heartbreaker’ miniatures for their Forest Goblin figures. They look exactly like GW models in size, face, proportions and high quality. Half of them are garbed in scale mail (perfect for us Big Hats lovers,) while some of them have Eastern-furry-Khan hats. And, depending on the source, normally dirt cheap.

Xander:

I actually quite like the concept. Props to you!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I really like them. I also like the fact that you have painted them like a Chinese/Mongol army. Kudos, Hobgoblyn, kudos.

hobblin:

Thats awsome I love the guys there so cool looking but I probly won’t make any to expensive for me.

Father Grumpmas:

To me, the heads and the bodies don't seem to match up.��Once again (though, for the first time on this site,) I recommend folks to track down the now out of business 'Heartbreaker' miniatures for their Forest Goblin figures.��They look exactly like GW models in size, face, proportions and high quality.��Half of them are garbed in scale mail (perfect for us Big Hats lovers,) while some of them have Eastern-furry-Khan hats.��And, depending on the source, normally dirt cheap.

StyrofoamKing
Good spotting - I hadn't noticed these guys but they do look like GW hobgoblins.

Some are still available at Ral Partha and the price is pretty good too.

https://www.connectstores.com/ralpartha/sp_35277.html

Xander:

Nice like FG!

https://www.connectstores.com/ralpartha/images/3207.jpg

https://www.connectstores.com/ralpartha/images/3208.jpg

Decent hobgoblins indeed!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Those archers are must-have hobgoblin archers!