[Archive] Dawi Zharr in AOS - Oxymandias the mad

Oxymandias:

Follower of the brazen bull, devotees of Hashut and various lesser beings in servitude of the mighty Dawn Zharr,

This shall be a blog which documents the rise of Oxymandias the mad, a dwarf who lost his life alongside his kin in the defence of the great tower in the last days of the world that was.

Somewhere across time, space and reality, he and his kin have been reborn and his lord  has awoken. The age of Sigmar has begun, but the age of Hashut has yet to pass…

Basically: The big hats are back baby!

In this blog I�?Tll be posting images of my work in progress images and finished units. This is going to be an old hat CD army, with a few conversions here and there aimed at being run in AOS, mordheim and warlords of erehwon. Sigmar is definitely the �?obackground�?� of the army, but they�?Tll show up in other systems too - definitely as an erehwon campaign is on the horizon in my gaming group.

Here are the first images of what I have created. This is a unit of dwarfs with axes and the champion who will

Be riding my still in Progress Lamassu.

[attachment=5665]

Jasko:

Arrrrr, looking really good! Classic models with a classic paintjob, I love them. More More More! :hashut

Zanko:

The miniatures look terrific! More of them please! :cheers

:hashut

Oxymandias:

Working on a slaver for my hobgobbos.

Been inspired by what I�?Tve seen across the forum to try my hand at sculpting a dwarf.

First ever go at sculpting a model.

[attachment=5667]

Oxymandias:

Bit of paint going on the new guy:

1 Like

Uther the unhinged:

Wow. He is your first attempt at sculpting? Amazing! He is great!

Admiral:

Wow, solid first sculpt! Excellent results. Great colour scheme, too!

Oxymandias:

Thanks gents - I�?Tve sculpted bits and conversions before but never a whole model.

I�?Tll do it again - wanna use some more precise tools though. I only had a needle and a knife so it wasn�?Tt ideal .

Any suggestions for good tools for miniature sculpting?

Gargolock:

Wow your models look great! Love the colour scheme.

I only had a needle and a knife so it wasn�?Tt ideal .

Any suggestions for good tools for miniature sculpting?

Oxymandias
I only started sculpting in general a few months ago and sculpting whole pieces 1 month ago but use a dull knife, a flat and small square tipped tool and an old dentist pick for any sculpting I do, so I don’t have the most fancy tools but I find they work just fine and I don’t feel the need for more. My most used tool is the flat square one.

But my recommendations are something pointy, a dull knife to add linear details or slashes or since its pointed at the end I have done triangular divots and a flat and small square tool to push around material. Rather simple but I haven’t encountered problems. The main thing is the small and flat square tool.

Zanko:

The slaver looks cool! Especially when you consider that it is your first model ever! Very well modeled and painted! Kudos! :hat off

:hashut

Antenor:

Beautiful sculpting! I think that the slaver really captures the feeling of old-school Big Hats. I’m looking forward to seeing your army grow. :hat off

tjub:

Welcome! Wonderful blog start, and great sculpting as well! Its a very rewarding side of our hobby… :slight_smile:

My main tools for sculpting is small “clay shapers” as well as the “Beesputty toolset”. The later is rather expensive and I got it as more of a treat to myself to try it out, but fell in love with some of them. Mainly the “tooltip A & O”. :hat off

Sculpting Tools — BeeSPuttY

Oxymandias:

So not any updates on the models right now.

And the reasons are twofold:

One: I have spent the last three days converting my loft (attic) into a hobby workshop!

Two: I have been sculpting something new. But it currently remains secret. All shall be revealed for the golden hat competition!

Got my workspace up and running now so looking forward to getting some more paint on these dwarves over the next few weeks!

tjub:

So not any updates on the models right now.

And the reasons are twofold:

One: I have spent the last three days converting my loft (attic) into a hobby workshop!

Two: I have been sculpting something new. But it currently remains secret. All shall be revealed for the golden hat competition!

Got my workspace up and running now so looking forward to getting some more paint on these dwarves over the next few weeks!

Oxymandias
A good personal hobby space is a must! :)
Cool, best of luck with your creation. Looking forward to see some new cool concepts for this GH.

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Great sculpt! Makes me excited to see what you’ll put up in the GH! :hat off

Green Stuff World has some useful sculpting tools and silicone brushes

Oxymandias:

Had my first game of Man-O-War yesterday! Really good fun.

We are deciding to add it to our Erehwon campaign to simulate naval battles and also use erehwon inside man-o-war to simulate boarding actions. Should be good fun.

Anyway - came away inspired to start my own CD fleet for this campaign so got to work straight away using mostly 40k and airfix bits from the depths of my collection.

Here�?Ts what I�?Tve created:

There�?Ts the ship with the roller and cannons

The one with the big angry ram

The big old fire ship

And the flagship with massive rockets

(As you can tell I�?Tm an expert in this game and know all the proper names.)

I�?Tll only need one of the fire and rocket ship, but for the others I will make a blue stuff mould and recast a few copies to make some squadrons.

Uther the unhinged:

Man they are awesome! I am down with your naval terminology too.

They will look on you warships and despair.

tjub:

Oh, cool more naval action sounds great! Will you be using the rules from the old game or some other?

Oxymandias:

Oh, cool more naval action sounds great! Will you be using the rules from the old game or some other?

tjub
My friend has the old boxed game so we are using those rules. Main difference is that when a boarding action takes place, we are moving to a smaller board and having the two units actually fight using the rules from warlords if erehwon to determine who is victorious.

Cloister:

Very nice man o war ships. Cant wait to see them painted. Will you go with the traditional scheme of black red and blue?