[Archive] Khan!'s army thread updated July 13, with new and exciting things!

Ingrown:

I really like the hobbo hero, im guessing its based on kroot? it looks really good, the paint job on the dwarves looks good too, very chaosy and evil but individual

Khan!:

Thanks, all!��The hobbo hero is indeed based on a kroot, I just wanted to try something different.��I have about a hundred kroot just lying around that I was going to build a mercenary army for 40k with, but I don’t really play 40k anymore so they’re just sitting there.��I even considered converting all of my hobbos with kroot, but I think that the scale isn’t quite right to do that.��Therefore, only this hero, as an exercise in individuality!

@hal:��Yeah I agree the bases are kind of boring.��I’ve always been really irritated by doing bases, I don’t know why.��That’s probably the biggest flaw with all of my armies (not that they’re all just ash wastes, but that they’re boring) cuz I just don’t want to be bothered with them.��I don’t really want to add lava to these ones, cuz my Tzeentch mortals have lava bases, so yeah static grass might work.

@Canix:��Ironically that’s why I thought a kroot body would make a good base for a hobbo conversion, because they’re wiry and kinda starved-looking.��Meanwhile, the spear itself is already a conversion :slight_smile: so I think I’m going to leave it at that.��I really like spears for some reason…

@Vodevil:��I don’t think I will be doing a lot of hats, as my sculpting skills are rudimentary at best.��Also, masks are better and hats are for gnoblar-spawn :sick .��(Just kidding :cheers )

Xander:

Looking awesome dude, keep it up!

Traitor King:

That spear is brilliant, I really dig it.

I also like the way you’ve tied the Blorc, Dwarfs and Hobs in together with the colour sceme.

Border Reiver:

Very nicely painted. I’m jealous…

AGPO:

I love the kroot conversion, I did something similar for some of my Tzeentch models, but I didn’t use the chaos warrior parts. Could I see some pics of the classic blorcs please - I used to love those models and it would be good to see them painted in a more modern way (techniques have flown on since those days) Other than that keep it up - the armyt looks awesome - I’d suggest new beards to make the immortals look mor elike chaos dwarfs as opposed to nasty dwarfs (character not painting though - thats still awesome!)

Khan!:

Wow, I’m really terrible at updating this thread - sorry all.��Between papers, research, work, textbooks and Halo 3 I haven’t been at the CDs in a while.��I didn’t even manage to finish my Golden Hat entry :frowning: although I think I’m going to paint it just for completeness’ sake anyways.��

First, the old plastic blorcs that fill in my unit - I dunno if these are the ones you were thinking of, AGPO, but here they are!

I repainted the Helcannon crew to fit with the new scheme.��The light in this photo is kind of wierd but basically the point is that their beards are fiery and their skin is grey.

I have also been thinking of adding some Ironguts to the army instead of Bull Centaurs.��Obviously I would rebase them, but I’m wondering if they’re just too red.��Maybe I could redo their paints purple?

And finally, because I love him.

Cheers to all, thanks for being patient with me.

wallacer:

The Ogres look great. :hat off

AGPO:

I love the classic Keeper, when I hve the money I’m so getting one as a Slaaneshi Doombull. yeah those were the blorcs I meant, ty!

Pyro Stick:

I have some of those black orcs. I dont know if ill ever use them though. Unless i buy a plastic box of the new ones and use them with that.

I think the ogres look fine. Dont change them at all.

The hellcannon crew look awesome. Try get some better pics.

clam:

Khan! - your army is awesome - and you should be in love;) that Keeper is a masterpiece:hat off

Don’t know about those Ogres - you did a great paintjob - but I would rather see you do some BCs. If someone can do it - it will be you!

If you choose to keep them - I would recommend changing the colours to unify them with your army.

Willmark:

While not a fan of the current ogre models those are a great paint job! Thumbs up!

Khan!:

Thanks for the feedback! :hat off

@ clam: I think you’re probably right, the ogres won’t quite fit with the purple scheme. I just don’t know what to do with them yet. As for bullcentaurs, I would like to make a unit of them, but I’m not sure yet how I want to go about it. I was thinking about doing something with centigors, but I dunno how well that would work out…

@ Pyro Stick: At this point I’m simply waiting for the opportunity to get some of the new plastics. These old ones fill the unit up, but really don’t fit with the metals.

I really like the ogres as they are, too. The problem really is that I never use them for anything, and if they went in with the Chaos Dwarfs they could see some action. I think for now I will just redo the bases in the ashwastes scheme, and think later about changing other details. Maybe. :~

@ AGPO: Ah, good, I’m glad these blorcs were the ones you were thinking of. I’m not a huge fan of these old plastics (from back in the day when cheap single part plastics were exciting, and lizardmen with one separate arm constituted a newfangled multipart kit with endless possibilities!) although the old metals of this style were really good. Meanwhile, I agree that the classic Keeper is an awesome model. I think it is far superior to the new one, even though it is a bit small. I’ve never thought of using it as a Doombull though! That’s an excellent idea and I may have to steal it :cheers

So, here’s the plan: My glue dried up, so I have to get some more of that, and then I think I will paint that hobgoblin hero and get some static grass on the army’s bases to make them a bit more interesting. Let’s all cross our fingers and pray to Hashut that I get stuff accomplished soon!

AGPO:

@ AGPO: Ah, good, I'm glad these blorcs were the ones you were thinking of. I'm not a huge fan of these old plastics (from back in the day when cheap single part plastics were exciting, and lizardmen with one separate arm constituted a newfangled multipart kit with endless possibilities!) although the old metals of this style were really good. Meanwhile, I agree that the classic Keeper is an awesome model. I think it is far superior to the new one, even though it is a bit small. I've never thought of using it as a Doombull though! That's an excellent idea and I may have to steal it

Khan!
At least the cheap single part minis were just that! I remember the exitement of opposable lizards too! You're welcome to the doombull idea - I once spent an extraordinarily long journey with the Chaos collector's guide deciding how to convert or represent each choice for each god with each equipment option if I ever win the lottery. I couln't use this as a daemon prince - no wings, and I already had a keeper so I decided - Doombull! Sadly he got surpassed by a slaaneshi Shaagoth Champion with a great weapon - still a winning combination!

Rumi:

very intresting army you got there Khan, the scheme is very striking and it really catches my eye. Well done! I agree with the others on the fact that the ogres don’t really fit in colour scheme wise but besides that keep going at it!

(p.s) That keeper* rocks! that pink is superb :slight_smile:

Khan!:

Okay, so obviously this thread has not been touched by me for a long time. Apologies for threadomancy then, but I thought it would be more efficient to post new stuff this way instead of starting all over again!

The pictures: I have finished converting my first blunderbuss unit, more or less. Zah! Also I started painted a CD-themed minotaur today, which strictly speaking is for my Warhammer Quest project but what the heck. Here we go!

The whole unit, plus a sorcerer?/engineer?/deathrocket crewman?

The sorcerer on his own

Blunderbuss command…I’m still not sure what to do with the musician :frowning:

And the individual blunderbussiers:

This guy has become my favourite. Horns + goggles!

And the minotaur:

The blunderbussers will be primed very shortly, the minotaur probably finished today, and other stuff to come I hope!

Kera foehunter:

This is going to be a real cool army khan. i like the colors

bow_for_hashut:

Some freakin’ awesome stuff you got there Khan! i espesualy (sp?) like the Sallet and Bascinet helmets. :cheers to you!!

AGPO:

The faceplate on the Standard bearer is awesome. With the musician I’d recoment GS’ing the dwarf head into a chaos dwarf - I.e. add a big hat and tusks, his face looks quite evil

Khan!:

Cheers thanks for commenting! I was really happy with the standard bearer’s faceplate too, it came together much better then it deserved to! I figure I will have to do something with that dwarf face on the musician’s instrument…I tried to do some fiery bits in its place but that didn’t work out. I agree with AGPO that a chaos dwarfish face would be cool, but gs work that small is very difficult! We shall see…