[Archive] My GH IX entry. Thank you everybody

Bassman:

Hi, I’d like to thank you for your support!

Here are more pics of my Golden Hat entry:

and finally revealed the other side of the banner! Yes it was painted :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted to elaborate a little bit my entry :slight_smile:

It’s my Army Battle Standard bearer, for this reason his banner is so huge, it’s an Army Battle Standard, after all.

About banner:

This is not the Bluebeard banner but one of the Hashut’s temple banners. I imagine bull centaurs as a reward given by the temple to the highest and oldest clans. So they are formally indipendent form the Clan even though there are strong links between the temple and highest clans.

For this reason the banner shows the rune of Hashut and one of the runes of the Bluebeards clan (the arrow pointing down, like my warriors’ shields here at bottom http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2128).

On the other side we have a modified Chaos Star because… well we are Chaos Dwarfs! :hashut

The bull is obviously reference to Hashut and columns symbolize the temple of Hashut.

Bsb is equipped with Armor of Gaz, so I beefed up a little bit armor with green stuff (actually normal bull centaur armor does not look like a 1+ save… :~ ) and painted it golden, as I think it’s a material that suits for a magick armor. For armor I followed this great tutorial:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5505

He holds a sword of might… so the mini was perfect as it was.

Well, I’m happy you liked it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oooops, I forgot, he got a name: Lord Nagdi-Zharrir of the Temple of Hashut

Hazkar:

nice stuff,thats definately worth the golden hat

big thumps up

the unheard one:

nice stuff,thats definately worth the golden hat
big thumps up

Hazkar
I would agree with this. When I saw this model I knew it was going to be the winner with amount of detail that you put into the banner and the armour.
You totally deserve first place. My hat's off to you:hat off.

Zanko:

As I mentioned in the other thread … awesome paintjob!!! :hat off

I want to see more minis of this standard! :hat off

You are a worthy champion! :hat off

:hashut

clam:

Once again, Congrats Bassman - and I’m so glad to see the “back side” of the banner. He/you surely deserves the Golden Hat title

He is a stunning miniature - the banner is just so perfect - and the NMM gold is so excellent done :hat off

- but why did you give him that stupid looking hat? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: - that’s way to modern/fancy - real Chaos Dwarfs are wearing helmets, you know :wink:

Anno:

Great job!

The work done on the banner is fantastic!

wallacer:

I get a migraine just looking at the details on that banner.  You must be a very patient man…

Willmark:

I knew this was going to win the first time I saw it, its that awesome.

GRNDL:

Win what? What’s going on?

Bassman:

Today I received was I was looking for… not glory, not fame, not thropies but … SLAAAAAAAVEEEEEES! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ehehhehe, thank you again dudes.

Wallacer: migraine? Not really, painting the banner was a pleasure, I had a lot of free space to toy with. The real pain in the a"°s was painting the chest armor and the hat becuase the original mini was so covered by layers and layers of crap painting I was unable to get rid of everything. It was so messed up that painting all scales and every thiny detail of the hat got me crazy! :o

Clam: you a part of my quest is to prove “big hats” are not funny, it was just their painting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

About NMM gold, I tried many times to paint proper gold being unsatisified until I found an awesome tutorial on The Bolter and Chainsword (I’d like to add the link but seems to be locked… dunno why).

Pyro Stick:

I totally knew this would win. The banner and the paintjob is just too awesome for it not to. The extra armour is also a great idea and it turned out very well. You really did deserve to win.

snowblizz:

I totally knew this would win. The banner and the paintjob is just too awesome for it not to. The extra armour is also a great idea and it turned out very well. You really did deserve to win.

Pyro Stick
Funnily enough I was in two minds about picking it as one of my three. As I mentioned in the voting tread I'm not overly a fan of the large painted banner approach. The miniature is sort of taking back seat to the banner, which is really a shame in a miniature painting contest.

Skink:

Absolutely well earned man, the paintjob is outstanding!

Decisamente ottimo lavoro!

Bassman:

Pyro Stick
Funnily enough I was in two minds about picking it as one of my three. As I mentioned in the voting tread I'm not overly a fan of the large painted banner approach. The miniature is sort of taking back seat to the banner, which is really a shame in a miniature painting contest.

snowblizz
Surprisingly I pretty agree with you. I'm not a fan of super detailed banners-just-to-win-competitions. Expecially when you see Orc or Skaven banner painted like orcs are the greatest painters of warhammer world.
I do not think my banner is overwhelming my miniature painting, I tried to balance the two things, but I have to admit the banner really catch the eye.
As I said before this is my Army Standard so it shall be large. If it was just a Bull centuar standard bearer it would be too much but it's a battle standard bearer.
Anyway, to everybody its own idea :hat off

Kera foehunter:

Wow did you go mad !!! Painting the great detail banner

Grimstonefire:

I’m fairly certain I voted for this one, but i don’t think it was the banner that decided it in the end for me. The overall feel of the model is good because it ties together many parts of the model with a limited palette.

Only thing i think could have been improved (and it’s not much), are the spears on the base. A little more highlighting perhaps.

Loki:

amazing work on the whole of the model a well deserved 1st place hats off to you Bassman :hat off

snowblizz:

I'm fairly certain I voted for this one, but i don't think it was the banner that decided it in the end for me.  The overall feel of the model is good because it ties together many parts of the model with a limited palette.

Only thing i think could have been improved (and it's not much), are the spears on the base.  A little more highlighting perhaps.

Grimstonefire
Yeah, I ended up voting for this one, almost despite the banner. But I did run several of my "finalists" through a graphics program to be able to see the models better.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Congradulations on the win!

If I had thought about it, I would have finished my BSB Bull Centaur, but I wanted to build something different…suffice to say I didn’t even place.

Bassman:

But I did run several of my "finalists" through a graphics program to be able to see the models better.

snowblizz
Really? People in this forum are amazing, you even run entries through graphic program to watch them better! I dunno where you can find the same devotion to the hobby in other forums! :hashut

GW, damn you if you will never give a prize to such a level of devotion to the cause of Chaos Dwarfs! :|