[Archive] My other project: Bunbuns (2nd album now available)

Bolg:

More Wip Pics of the Bunbun miniatures:

oh and another untasteful webcomic online

Bolg:

Fresh Bunbun comic online…

2 of the Bunbun models are almost done, started working on 3 more, i’ll update pics soon. (sculpting, even when your not so good is soooo addictive!!!)

Next week’s comic will have a tiny chaos dwarf cameo (and that’s a lot sooner than I expected)

Shakhorth:

Postman woke me up for a very nice surprise… My Bunbun comic huzzah! :smiley:

Thanks blog for the goodies and keep up the nice work. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for Bunbun in the near future.

Bolg:

@Shakhorth Good to hear it arrived safely (: Enjoy the reed.

I think these guys are as finished as the can get.

I think I’ll try to paint one to see If that works. I’ve started on 3 more I hope i’ll end up with something good enough to figure out how to make them in my mold and casts.

Bolg:

Last week I was to busy whit sculpting so no update. So here finally the Bunbun comic with a Chaos Dwarf cameo.
Sorry about the bad joke (I’m very happy with it)
This week I have to draw another 12 pages for a new smallpress thingy so I have no clue if I make next weeks deadline.
Oh And I’ve finally made a T-Shirt shop. (but dont buy the shirts, buy the book d: )

Still detailing the first 3 but these are also coming along nicely. (yes I know I still have to do the right guys balls) quite happy with the dress on the middle one (:

bas_2312:

Yay Bighat! :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Bolg:

I painted this one. told me a lot about the sculpt i’ve made.

I know now I should not use the drybrush technic on these models d:

First id shaded the white with shadow gray but that gave it a way to smurfy look so I went back to the brown I’ve used for my chaos dwarf cross over. Defiantly something I have to experiment with more.

vulcanologist:

Ha ha! Great stuff as always!!

Bolg:

Thanx (:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Shakhorth:

I painted this one. told me a lot about the sculpt i've made.

I know now I should not use the drybrush technic on these models d:

First id shaded the white with shadow gray but that gave it a way to smurfy look so I went back to the brown I've used for my chaos dwarf cross over. Defiantly something I have to experiment with more.

Bolg
I WANT ONE, sorry for the capitions. :)

Bolg:

As CDO isnt really the right place to talk about my Bunbun, I thought I try to make it up by putting some unique content online here, 3 comics from a small booklet i’m working on now. So here is a preview:

[attachment=2716]

[attachment=2717]

[attachment=2718]

Enjoy

I WANT ONE

Shakhorth
Thanx (: This one was a test but I plan to (try to) cast the models I’m working on now. I’ll keep you posted here.

Bolg:

we have balls:

(sorry)

And a fresh webcomic update: Moon 2

I actually lost the original page but luckily I scanned the line art. so the painting is a bit crap as its done on printing paper.

Bolg:

Took some time but there is a fresh comic online.

And I finished this sculpt:

Its the first Bunbun sculpt I’m really happy with and when I start making molds this one will most defiantly in the once that will be cast.

Some More Wip that is coming along slowly

Doing Hands is a nightmare (:

Ghrask Dragh:

I love Bunbun!!!

Let me go convince the missus and hopefully I’ll be putting in an order soon, the days of disposable income are over for me :smiley: I’ve got to put forward a good case now… Haha.

Such a good little story and loads of great stuff on the website, congrats man :cheers

Bolg:

Thanx dude (:

And you dont have to order anything, I just like to chat about my Bunbun project here as this is such a cozy and inspiring little community (:

Shakhorth:

Must see more Bunbun… :slight_smile:

Great new sculpts you got there, so any new t-shirts coming up? :wink:

Bolg:

Thanx.

Nope not at the moment… any request?

Shakhorth:

Thanx.
Nope not at the moment... any request?

Bolg
Something star wars like, lightsaber bunbun? ;)
Or godfather theme?

Bolg:

Starwars would be an instant success… But the problem is… I’m more of a trekkie (I saw the George Lucas commercials to late in life). And shame on me, I havent seen any of the Godfathers… but that should not stop me (:

Bolg:

Working on my Bunbun sculpts again… And I could really need some advise from people with experiance with making molds.

This is my Bunbun suicide bomber Work in progress…

Almost done, but now i’ve run into something I have no experience in.

I want to connect the ignition button (in his hand) to the explosives(on his belly). I could easily connect the 2 with a (greenstuff) wire… But as I also want to make a mold of this Bunbun I’m scared the wire will make the mold complex for me to make.

And 2nd: what to do with Nunbuns left arm, also keeping in mind not to make the model to complex for a (noob) mold.

All remarks, hints and tips very welcome.