[Archive] News from games Day Chicago - and VERY good ones!

Willmark:

As I stated on Dogs of War Online as to the identity of the “new” old army: Lets put it this way there, is no reason why this couldn’t be CDs. Everyone says these things take time, I agree. But who’s to say that they haven’t been already working on them? Anyone thought of that?

I don’t have any information to say yes or no but things seem to be strangely quiet coming from the GW studio.

Kera foehunter:

Na !! They would of leaked it out everyone know guys can’t keep a secret when they have something this good !!!

warh:

Na !! They would of leaked it out everyone know guys can't keep a secret when they have something this good !!!!!

Kera foehunter
i can, but i'm a hobbo :h

Kera foehunter:

if your a hobo go clean my ship!!

Willmark:

Na !! They would of leaked it out everyone know guys can't keep a secret when they have something this good !!!!!

Kera foehunter
I disagree if anything they have been ratcheting down the leaks over the years more and more. Before they were sieve like now much more airtight.

Border Reiver:

If it’s a new/old army it could be Fimir - they’ve been getting press time lately too.

Grimstonefire:

If anyone is curious those ‘in the know’ at warseer have been instructed by GW to keep discussion and speculation mainly to the next release.  Some are sticking religiously to this, others… not so much.  Some haven’t been contacted at all. I don’t know about those outside warseer that I know of, but they are not nearly as well placed for info.

This is why we have not had solid confirmation either way as we would have done by now in years past.  This was a very recent change, after the surprise ‘announcement’ thread that started the whole discussion of the ‘new’ army…  Just our luck that they had to go all secretive at that point, but interesting the timing of it all… :~

Kera foehunter:

Kera foehunter
I disagree if anything they have been ratcheting down the leaks over the years more and more. Before they were sieve like now much more airtight.

Willmark
Na they got ride of the worker and replaced them with yes men
so the tallent was gone and still maybe gone we will not know untill we see the figures or the new book

its all about the money

Willmark:

What isnt about money?

The point you seem to be unable to acknowledge is that GW has put the screws down TIGHT on rumor mongering that unlike the past was well known nearly a year before a book/army would come to fruition. In the past it was easy to ferret out information from GW, not anymore.

I also believe that the April rumors got out now wholly by accident. Its also no accident this hasn’t died for nearly 3 months. Everyone seems to agree something is coming, GW has said as much, the people who are in the known (the ones on warseer) have confirmed this is not a new army, that leaves very few canidates for this mystery army.

Loki:

I am with Willmark on this GW have become allot more secretive over the past few years, when i started collecting back in 1996 you could find out any thing you wanted to but now its all changed they have also come down hard on people that have let things slip as a deterrent, so they could have been working in on a project weather it be CD or another new army for some time with out word getting out to the public, i mean look at the recent army releases and look at how little we really did know about them i mean no one foresaw great swords being £25 a box even the idea of this was never thought of, in truth we never are going to know what a company like GW is working apart from the very very occasional slip until they chose to let us know

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I was under the impression that most of the stuff from the new Imperial Guard codex was well known on the net long before the codex actually came out… so much for GWs secrecy.

Willmark:

I’m not saying they aren’t still slipping up but as time goes by they ate getting more secretive. No one can confirm who this “new” army is but there is something coming.

Lord Sandwich:

Is this good news or is this good news? I can’t say how excited I am, Chaos Dwarves approaching right around the time I’m starting them up. Funny how timing works out that way.

I’m interested to see how GW is going to bring them back.

wallacer:

Yes, GW are suspiciously tight lipped at the moment. Not really sure if this is just for their super secret upcoming new releases or whether they’ve decided that loose lips sink sales and have decided on a blanket change moving forward.

You wouldn’t think it would kill them to at least let people know about Space Hulk (what i’m most looking forward to apart from CD).

tanz:

I’m excited, not hopefull, but excited. On the subject of the headgear i’d be happy with whatever comes out, though if they made a plastic box it would be cool if they had head options for helms, masks, and hats for die-hard fans! Of course lets hope they dont do Chaos Dwarfs like they did Kislev a few years back as an Allied conigent all metal mostly blister’s. (though this seems impractical with the high price of tin)

Kera foehunter:

Yes, GW are suspiciously tight lipped at the moment.  Not really sure if this is just for their super secret upcoming new releases or whether they've decided that loose lips sink sales and have decided on a blanket change moving forward.

You wouldn't think it would kill them to at least let people know about Space Hulk (what i'm most looking forward to apart from CD).

wallacer
well its seem they let the cat out of the bag !!
everyone will be watching the updates now

Da Crusha:

:o I cant believe it, Im so excited!!!

Grimstonefire:

Much as I’m probably not the best person to be saying this… I think for the next couple of months we should try not to presume they are coming out next year. Games Day Germany (16th august) is unlikely to tell us anything specifically about CD (maybe indirectly), but Games Day UK (27th sept) will be the key imo.

So in two months hopefully, but for the moment until we hear something more the CD are still in that dubious position of ‘eventually’.

It know it is hard to restrain excitement, but if you’re the sort of person who gets really annoyed if they get disappointd it might be for your own good at the moment. Just because we’re discussing it doesn’t mean it WILL happen any time soon (even if the announcement came tommorow the release would probably be over a year away).

Just something worth considering.

Taedae:

your right grim.

people have been converting CDs for about 10 years now. I know people been waiting the reborn of the Chaos Dwarf army book and minis. there has been no offical release date, no offfical annoucement on the GW website, and no indication of whether or no this was just idle chit chat or a huge “hey everyone listen up” annoucement in chicago.

i know i am new to this site, but i would hate to start buying off ebay when there might be a chance i dont have to or make convertions. (me and art are like oil and water.)

i do hope we get an offical statement soon.

Perturabo:

Games Day UK (27th sept) will be the key imo.

Grimstonefire
Bestest birthday present EVAR!

I think that is probably the best attitude to take, Grim. So, time to get our heads down and working on our armies then.