[Archive] Say yes to RedBull Centaur!

Bolg:

Luckily I find them but-ugly so I wont have any reason to buy them.

And seriously 50x75 mm for 2 attacks… ah well I’ll rebase a few of my centaurs to 50 x50 mm and throw in a few 2xx50 mm fillers…

aka_mythos:

Their rules are so underwhelming when compared to those models. Shame on you FW!

Vogon:

I really like them. Anybody have a clue on how long it usually takes before they are avaible to buy after they have first been displayed?

Sherlocko
Could be anything from a few weeks to a few months.

I think everything we saw at the FW open day on the 1st April is now available to be purchased so with a bit of luck no more than 3 months

Time to start saving :)

Cheers

Vogon

Thommy H:

I was trying to remember where I'd seen the design for these before, then it came to me: the upper right of my computer screen, right now.

Thommy H
How do you mean?

Discoking
Scroll to the top of this page so you can see the forum's banner, look at the top right of the screen. Right there.

Psychotherapist:

Ooooh, they are just fantastic!!! I do like their dynamic pose… Thanks FW, you made my dreams come true :hat off

Discoking:

Yeah, thanks FW…

Now if onlythey were not so massive & intimidating as to become missile magnets…

And if they could dish out damage…

Perhaps that’s their intended role.

Look massive & as good as Mournfang etc.

Die as fodder, while the rest of the army destroys them.

Hmm I guess that could work. Once. Lol

vulcanologist:

Missed this thread! Very nice sculpts. They’re definately big beasties! Not my idea of Bull Centaurs but I still like them!

rpitts2004:

Atleast give them impact hits…

tvandyke:

These look great. Can’t wait for them to be released. I ran a unit of 5 with Taur’ruk using HW/Shield at the SAWS Challenge and just this past weekend at the Quake City Rumble ran a unit of 6 with GW. While a bit more expensive, dropping the shields for the GWs definitely made them perform much better. Hopefully these will be sold with some weapon options, otherwise, I’ll have to come up with a way fit some GW’s onto these guys.

Karring:

Amazing!!!

I have not expect those horns but they give BC guys more bull aparience…

I want them… tones of them…

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I have to move away from the haters on this one.  Those models are amazing!  Another big win for Forgeworld!!  Their stat line makes them utter crap but I’m actually looking forward to painting those.  Just gorgeous!!

Grimbold Blackhammer

PS - I realize the statistics for the Bulld Centaurs were written long before the models were designed but I think this is THE worst example of stats to model to date.  I actually like the book the way it is but these models & base sizes are crying out for an update.  At least I’ll get good army comp when I field these :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thommy H:

It’s interesting that a lot of people who use my book are saying these don’t match their idea of Bull Centaurs, but these are exactly how I wanted them to look and what I tried to describe in the background I wrote for them. Add me to the list of people who like them a lot. The Bull Centaurs in my book also have a slightly more appropriate profile for such large models as well… /pimp

CopperPot:

It's interesting that a lot of people who use my book are saying these don't match their idea of Bull Centaurs, but these are exactly how I wanted them to look and what I tried to describe in the background I wrote for them. Add me to the list of people who like them a lot. The Bull Centaurs in my book also have a slightly more appropriate profile for such large models as well... /pimp

Thommy H
Will you be changing your rules for these now tommy

Karring:

I like BC stats; they are fast, resilient and CHEAP (40 points for model!!). The have only 2 attacks, OK, but for their cost, they are really fine, not like other things of the Legion, that are overpriced.

If you want more power, add a BC hero, or adittional weapons. I think T5, W3 and 3+ AS is enough for them.

thrawn:

Wow! Wow! Wow!

that made my day! thanks!

i’ve never used them yet in my army, mainly because they’re rules look, muah, but i’m also a fan and feilding units that look cool, so they’re definitely going in!

rpitts2004:

I like BC stats; they are fast, resilient and CHEAP (40 points for model!!). The have only 2 attacks, OK, but for their cost, they are really fine, not like other things of the Legion, that are overpriced.

If you want more power, add a BC hero, or adittional weapons. I think T5, W3 and 3+ AS is enough for them.

Karring
You do have a good point

zhatan87:

Amazing models! Very dynamic!

The shields are too small though, and the head a bit too much beasty to me (but well fitted to their new fluff).

I also find the base too large (for their stats), but not for their minis : it seems that the model occupies the space rather well).

And I don’t know why you find them so bad in term of rules, they are pretty good indeed… If you find the right use of them (which isn’t the use of mournfang or demigryff one…) : toughness 5, save 2+, they are one of the best unit in the LoA list…

moogoodoo:

Karring
Very true i just think a 50mm base is a lot more fitting with there points cost and there stat line (come on a lammasu and gt are on smaller bases)

rpitts2004:

If they added impact hits I’d be happy with that

aka_mythos:

They look great, style and proportions the way they should be… but they’re huge. If your opponent weren’t going after them before, they will now, just on looks.