[Archive] Sparrow's Army

Loki:

Great work on the casting they are looking awesome , loads of lovely big hats and i really like the shield design as well , keep up the good work i am looking forward to seeing these painted up

vulcanologist:

Fabulous casting! I’m really really impressed and like Loki said… Big hats too! Maybe one day I’ll get round to attempting casting!

Skink:

Like many others said I can’t believe this is your first time sculpting. These are so gorgeous I thought they have been produced by GW itself!!!

Keep us updated on your work!!!

sparrow:

Cheers for all the kind comments guys!

Here’s a group shot of the army as it stands, the new heads are now in production.

Everything needs a bit of filling to clean them up.

BB first rank

Cheers for looking guys,

Jon

The_Bear_in_the_Hat:

Very professional work. You’ve pretty much managed to create your own multi-part units on sprues. I’d go so far as to say that those are better than the original GW bighats. I don’t actually agree with casting GW products - but the work itself is excellent.

nitroglysarine:

Sweet!!

Get selling them!!

sparrow:

Sweet!!

Get selling them!!

nitroglysarine
These won't ever be for sale. Two reasons really, the first is that as bear says although heavily modified they are still based on GW models and as such I would have problems legally and ethically about selling them.

The second is that I personally don't think my sculpting is of a sellable quality.

Once I have enough points to play I will try and sculpt my own models from scratch.

Jon

nitroglysarine:

On the first count, fair enough.

On the second count, are you kidding?? They are very good quality models, don’t put yourself down!

sparrow:

He he, Flattery will get you everywhere. If I ever give these guys up I’ll know where to send them!

Where in Wales are you from? I have family in Montgomery.

nitroglysarine:

He he, Flattery will get you everywhere. If I ever give these guys up I'll know where to send them!

Where in Wales are you from? I have family in Montgomery.

sparrow
I'm in Ceredigion, but originally from the Wrexham/Shropshire border.

They are really cool!

sparrow:

Here is an early wip of my Champion, and a very early wip shot of my hero.

Still lots to do on both of these, but I’d thought I’d throw them on here for feedback.

I know the putty work is rough in places, and I realise there are some bubbles. Like I said early stages.

Thanks for taking the time to look, have a great crimbo,

Jon

Borador:

nice work! I’m not a bighat or curly beard fan, but I’ve got to say these look very impressive. looking forward to seeing an update!

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

nitroglysarine:

good progress,

i do love the tajmahal hats.

Abecedar:

Well here’s another helm / mask fan who has to agree, these hats aren’t too bad at all.

Loki:

Awesome work once again , hope to see some of these great models painted soon :hat off

Redhammer:

I really like your army! Great looking, unique hats. I’m looking forward to seeing some paint on all these guys!

Legionaire:

It looks amazing, great work sparrow

Golder Goldeater:

Sweet models! I love em :slight_smile:

Fequiil:

Sweet!!

Get selling them!!

nitroglysarine
The second is that I personally don't think my sculpting is of a sellable quality.

sparrow
yes it is, my good friend. yes it is.