[Archive] Xander's Chaos Dwarf Kollossus Conversion (Updated: March 13th)

Hashut’s Blessing:

That should be cool! I can;t wait to see that!

cornixt:

The table is mostly brown earth with patches of grass: in the style of my basing for my Chaos Dwarfs.

Xander
"In the grim dark past of the Old World, there is only mud with patchy grass" :~

While I think it is appropriate for CDs, GW uses that scheme on every army, even those who live out in the lush plains, so i think it is over done.

Xander:

It is over done and therefore standard. Part of my image for my army is recreating Chaos Dwarfs in the style of current GW armies, that way it looks like it belongs. In colour scheme and basing, my Chaos Dwarfs are designed to be like GW’s.

AGPO:

All my armies are based in a similar style to fit in with my battlefields and to tie them togehter - sand painted black and drybrushed kommando khaki, with small clumps of static grass and the edges painted scorched brown. However, I do vary this a bit - Kislevites have snow on their bases, nurgle and pestilens slime, CDs lava flows and no static grass (nothing lives for long in the darklands) wood elves clumps of dried leaves and so on. “standardised” bases annoy me

ashur:

When can we expect to see this great conversion painted???

Traitor King:

cough necromancy cough

I dont think it’ll be anytime soon, as hes working on actully getting an army up and going first.

Am I right Mr Xander, sir?

AGPO:

necromancy is not allways a bad thing, but I think we should rename this the Xander-nagging thread. Just to add my �1s worth, when will it be done Xander?

Willmark:

Nothing wrong with “threadodomancy” as long as the topic is cool, which this qualifies as.

Xander:

Haha, I don’t might nagging. It’s more approval as far as I am concerned. As TK said, I am looking to get a small army going first. This guy, who lacks rules, comes unfortunately low on the priority list.

I ripped off the head and am slimming it down a bit. I also might add something more fun to the base.

Cheers and thanks for the interest guys!

Willmark:

I’d say make the claws “beefier” too while you are at it.

AGPO:

Giant rules maybe - just think of the “stupid” giant as more of a “crazed” engineer or maybe a “stoned” - in more ways than one - sorcerer. Nobody should have any objections to this - its such a cool conversion

Willmark:

Giant rules would work great me thinks.

AGPO:

The model needs to be finished first though (okay these hints are getting a bit strong maybe I should stop and try to rediscover subtlety… ah heck I’m a chaos dwarf we don’t know the word!)

Sigose:

Love the model… …Now I just need money to get the stuff to build that. =o

But still your stuff ya make you should make a video tutorial for everything later on.

~Sigose

zagor66:

I'd say make the claws "beefier" too while you are at it.

Willmark
Yeah bigger claws , Hashut commands it!!:hashut

Willmark:

Any updates there Xander?

Xander:

The claws need a major overhaul. No question. I might just make new ones completely from scratch. My conversion started very much as an Ork Dreadnaught, but it has come a long way from that.

thinks

AGPO:

We look forward to your conclusion

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Aw, pls show some WIP pictures Xander!

sends a Hobgoblin servant to beg, because Chaos Dwarfs don’t do that

caos dwrf:

dude Xander in the famouse words of prof. farnsworth "sweet zombie jesus "

im so glad that thing is on our side. good use of the fluff (we need more cool demon contraptions/death traps/things that go ka-blam/things that missfire/…you get my point)

very solid