Artisan's Contest XXXII: Warmachine

“Clean out the barrel!”

Titan Wargames Presents: The 32nd Artisan’s Contest on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Titan Wargames! The gold winner will receive a model of Grulka, courtesy of @Baggronor :

The silver winner will carry home an unpainted mother Grubb from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

While the bronze winner will receive a kit of 15mm Tjubling Skull Masks from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

Subject Matter: Warmachine!

For this contest we want you to enter something to do with one or more warmachines of Chaos Dwarfs (or their lackeys and creations). This could e.g. be a shackled Daemon cannon, a mortar, a chariot, a rocket launcher, a Hellcannon, a steam engine, a mechanical titan, a siege tower, a monster or Daemon crowned by a howdah, an aircraft or winged monster mounted by crew with weaponry, a tunneling vechicle, a battering ram, a bolt thrower, or something else entirely. Let your imagination run wild and be welcome to surprise us all with weird interpretations!

One or more models and/or terrain pieces; as ever, you yourself set the upper limit. You may of course include non-Chaos Dwarf models and/or terrain pieces, such as enemies fighting your visionary Dawi Zharr. Build a diorama if you like!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact @Admiral and he’ll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion. You may include plinths and display bases if you want. You may include fancy backgrounds. We want to encourage the creation of beautiful models and modelling scenes, not hamper it.

Please note that we are currently allowing your fully self-made 3D-sculpts (both the digital sculpt file and the physical print) in Artisan’s Contest, but not in the more painting-centred Golden Hat competition. We are likewise allowing unpainted fully handsculpted miniatures. Artisan’s Contest has always been more about freewheeling creativity and experimentation. Do note, however, that the lack of physical prints and paintjobs is sure to hamper any entry from gaining votes. Also note that any inclusion of other miniature parts (apart from bases) that are not 3D-sculpted or handsculpted by yourself will require you to paint your entry.

Apart from these two special exceptions, entries have to be painted.

Specifics
Subject: Warmachine
Bases: Up to your discretion.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM July 8th, 2021 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Artisan’s Contests before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent either to the @GoldenHat account and/or to chaosdwarfsonline ( at ) gmail.com no later than the due date. (Entrants have approximately 8 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact @Admiral. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur or with this forum’s direct upload function. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to @GoldenHat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous contests).

If you win:

• Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place at the top in the vaunted Artisan’s Contest Gallery.
  • Receive the Artisan’s Contest medal for your online persona (our latest update gave us problems with medals, so this is pending technical difficulties).
  • Win miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM @Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

11 Likes

Lol arse cannons are on the menu for some haha…

4 Likes

And most importantly (and worryingly, isn’t that right @Eisenhans ?), no censorship! :wink:

2 Likes

@Admiral you’re my hero. So excited for this

3 Likes

our hero

3 Likes

Yes! Great subject matter! I’m sure we’re going to see some amazing stuff.

2 Likes

@Admiral No censorship?
Oh! My! Gawd!
I’ll kick my slaves to work at once!

8 Likes

Just to be crystal clear here… I have an idea in mind and to make it happen I am planning to print some parts to use with my bits to kitbash as well as make some parts from scrap and possibly scratch. Would those printed parts be a violation as they would not be something I digitally created myself before printing?

Fair question. I ASSume it will be alright since you are also free to use bits in a build. Bits are basically the same as printed parts IMHO. Don’t print 99% of a model and add a sculpted ass and you’ll be fine. But one of the @admins should probably confirm if I’m right or not.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve posted your Kuthuvud and a phallic sculpting tutorial and various friezes and fresques and hat ornaments with bulls in rut, Dwarf Ishtar stark naked and virile satyrs and topless drinking temple harlots and captive dams in the nude without getting banned, so I guess there is no censorship. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you most kindly folks, much appreciated!

@Deebo : Print all you like! Printed or cast is no difference. No one will stop an entry because it was sculpted by Alan Perry. :wink:

What the rules in quote concerns, is an unprinted 3D STL file that you yourself have 3D-sculpted, entered as a file picture not a printed miniature. Just as you can enter an unpainted handsculpt you yourself have made (althought it’s always better to paint it/print a physical miniature and paint it, but we do allow selfsculpts without paint in Artisan’s).

5 Likes

Sweet thanks mate, I just need to print a few bits that I do not have in my collection of sprue to make this marvel of Dawi Zharr engineering for the master Hashut :smiley: :hatshut:

It will not be an Ass Cannon of any sort but with all the excitement of asses I am now wondering if I can somehow incorporate an ass into it somehow or perhaps some testicles, hmmmm

@MichaelX Thank you also for your ASSistance :wink:

3 Likes

As Palpatine would have it: Dew it!

5 Likes

Don’t want to be too immature here but for those you you that know the show archer…

perhaps some testicles, hmmmm

3 Likes

You know what would be perfect for this competition?

A big cannon mounted on a juggernaught…or a gigantic golem…doh!!

Guess ive blown my load too early

2 Likes

Well, since there are actually all known war machines in my army, I have a real problem! What else should I buy? A real challenge!

Nonetheless, it`s a great AC! :cd1980:

2 Likes

I came to check out the Artisans comp but I stayed for the innuendos :cd1991gif:

7 Likes

Hey this ain’t all about asscannons guys

It clearly states any arsetillery is permitted.

Check the arsetisans description for Hashuts sake guys

6 Likes

I mean… @Jasko … do you ever have enough war machines in your arsenal? (@Reaver original right there)

3 Likes

Thanks for staying to shoot the shit with us!

4 Likes

The biggest giant you can find with 2 massive gun platforms on it?

A gigantic slug or worm with a gun on it?

Some sort of mobile warp portal device

Some sort of massive mechanical spider demon with a big gun and a token dwarf sticking his arse out

Actually a full cd train would be cool

A tunneling transport (kind like squats)

Im sure you will think of something better

3 Likes