Artisan's Contest XXXIII: Hobgoblin Artwork Challenge

Nice one @Jackswift . Also mate - no saltiness detected. Just feedback and advice which is always welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aye, the Hobgoblin element need not be a major one. Max 6 weeks for art contests, roger that. Any others with suggestions for future art contests’ lengths? Yearly art contests were started on the wish of @forgefire a few years back (and before that art comps most irregularly and rarely popped up in AC), so we’ve not had terribly much experience with it.

It might be advisible to vary the themes and not run doubles at all often. Good catch, the naval theme was also a double.

Indeed, like Oxy I read no saltiness, only good feedback. Thanks! :smile:

Also, sorry if the setup here happens to be a poor one, but let’s run with it and make something better next time.

Cheers

1 Like

I thought of a good house rule:

Let…zodd…win…

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: hahaha

3 Likes

Hnah, @Loidrial has already put in his bribes first. :tongue:

4 Likes

Drat!

2 Likes

It’s important to be clear since the start. Good call!

2 Likes

Also, @Jackswift , regarding disdain for Hobgoblins… Remember @Fuggit_Khan 's initial diorama plans. :wink:

2 Likes

ok ok ok ok ok ok this morning i’ve been folgorated. i know what i’ll do. gotta see only how, but my head is at it! HAH! :hob05:

3 Likes

I got the spoon in the bag boys, don’t even try

5 Likes

Rules updated with the following line

Pixel art and animated Gif art are allowed.

Where else should animated art go if not into the yearly art contest? Doing pure animation contests would almost certainly pull few people, and eat up contest slots.

As to fairness, it’s the same principle in work that made us lose the background image restrictions for modelling & painting competitions: We want to encourage the creation of beautiful pictures, not hamper them.

4 Likes

@Oxymandias we need holographic tech asap, animated covers, here we come!

1 Like

As with the last art contest I still feel really out of my depth here, but… I will this time!

2 Likes

I’ll whistle so people won’t suspect anything
Fiiit fiiiiiiiiit fiiiit

1 Like

Well, if a small pixel art or Gif art would place gold, @Oxymandias will have to get creative. :tongue:

Either a still from the Gif, or it’s a small artwork that won’t translate well to a full page, perhaps place it in a corner and use the silver winner for the large cover art? Or something else entirely. I’m sure something can be cooked up.

The question of these sorts of entries was brought up in a PM.

Cheers

Oh, i am 110% pro, i was just joking :smiley:

1 Like

We will have a magazine like those Harry potter one.
I mean, jac s British too, he’ll manage something of that sort

1 Like

You’re a wizard jacques ← doesn’t have the same ring to it.

1 Like

oh man no spoon for me. MS Paint is my canvas.

3 Likes

I’ve entered an art comp
Once again to make the numbers up haha. Best of luck all

4 Likes

Already!!! :exploding_head:

1 Like