Artisan's Contest XXXV: Horns of Hashut - Human Slaves

“All hail Hashut!”

Shef, Antenor and Zanko Presents: The 35th Artisan’s Contest on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by @Shef ! The gold winner will get an unpainted unit of Battleforge Hobgoblins with hand weapons:

This contest has been sponsored by @Antenor ! The silver winner will comb home one unpainted miniature of Evil Dwarf Line Infantry, sculpted by Antenor and cast by Hagen Miniatures (both variant build options shown in the picture):

This contest has been sponsored by @Zanko and @Clam ! The bronze winner will carry home this unpainted painter miniature:

And finally one lucky random draw winner not in top three bronze winner will receive a kit of 15mm Tjubgob Command #1 from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

Subject Matter: Horns of Hashut - Human Slaves

This contest is open both to non-miniature art, and miniature entries, both painted and unpainted.

This time around we want you to draw, paint, sculpt or convert an artwork, sketch, miniature or diorama which in some way feature one or more Human followers of Hashut or Human slaves to Chaos Dwarfs.

You could tackle this theme in a myriad ways. For instance, you could depict one or more Human Marauders who have adopted some strange version of Hashut worship from contact with Chaos Dwarfs, in a weird show of an insular tribal religion starting to proselytize (as actually happened during real Antiquity). Or you could let us see lowly Human thralls whipped in the mines as they toil away their wretched lives. Or you could depict the Horns of Hashut Warcry warband. Or you could go for Human mercenaries in the pay of the Dawi Zharr. Or Human mutants herded before the battleline of Chaos Dwarfs and Hobgoblins. Or Hobgoblins eating a Human alive. Or Chaos Squats and their Human followers, slaves, allies or mercenaries. Or anything else entirely, as long as it involves Humans and Chaos Dwarfs or Hashut. Let your imagination run wild and be welcome to surprise us all with weird interpretations!

Specifics
Subject: Human Slaves or Followers of Hashut
The Due Date: 11:59 PM October 24th, 2022 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Artisan’s Contests before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent either to the @GoldenHat account and/or to chaosdwarfsonline ( at ) gmail.com no later than the due date. (Entrants have approximately 8 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact @Admiral. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
If art: Submissions should include one picture file only. Your one picture file with art may contain any number of objects, figures and scenes. Pixel art and animated Gif art are allowed.
If miniature: Submissions should include up to 4 pictures of your miniature creation. You may send in more, but we will pick only 4.
Note that you may submit both art and miniature pictures as a combined entry, should you wish to go the extra mile.
Upload your entry to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur or with this forum’s direct upload function. Next, send a PM to @GoldenHat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous contests).

If you win:

• Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place at the top in the vaunted Artisan’s Contest Gallery.
  • Receive the Artisan’s Contest medal for your online persona.
  • Win miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM @Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!
The Staff

11 Likes

Now this is a surprise subject to me. Wasnt expecting this. I like it though. :ok_hand:

The big decision for me will be base size…20mm or 25mm. Hobbo proxies or orc /marauder proxies i guess

Very interesting topic! I look forward to seeing what we all come up with !

Mmmmmm surely the theme is interesting, even tho doesn’t get along with my representation of CDs, will see if I can come up with something as it doesn’t sound like my cup of coffee

1 Like

Time to get cracking! Or whipping!

Should i go diabolical again? Or something else?

Choices ugh

2 Likes

Surely your CDs have something to do with humans? Such as human footstools if nothing else? :smiley:

@MichaelX : Diabolical AND something else. The more the merrier, I say!

3 Likes

Its probably safe to say noone yet has humans in their chaos dwarf armies so its definitely an unexplored area. We just have to work out how to tie them in to our existing armies and how poorly equipped and undernourished they may or may not be

2 Likes

cough, I sorta do cough
the least Chitz offending meat-men I could find

1 Like

Whistles innocently.

Summary

4 Likes

I JUST GOT THE IDEA!
Something I haven’t don’t yet, hope to manage it!

4 Likes

1 Like

I didn’t expect this task at the AC at all! Humans? As servants of Hashut? I have no idea at all at the moment. :thinking:

At least you can use them as Hobgoblin proxies. :tonguewink:

1 Like

Or orcs, or black orcs?

Or hobbo wolfriders if mounted

This really doesnt qualify as slave anymore now does it @Admiral haha

2 Likes

or a whirlwind if strapped to a torture-go-round, or juggernaught armor plating if lashed to some planking, or an asscannon if suitably bent over.

contemplates editing this post to remove what may or may not be my new plan

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Reaver Hilarious!

For this one, I have absolutely NO idea, and nothing jumps out. I do have a barbarian army that has been languishing in the wings for several years… but still not sure what to do with it. I guess I’ll have a look at my KoW army options, perhaps something will pop out for which I can use pesky daikini to fill the roll.

Will have to think deeply on it…

3 Likes

The only type of competition I am able to enter something has returned, huzzah! Even two months this time? Luxury! Everything I do is inspired by actual historical references, yet it never occurred to me to attempt actual humans. I have various vague ideas but I need to let them sit for a few days. But I will participate if time allows!

3 Likes

@Reaver : Hilarious! I am honoured. Adding that to the 40k memes people have made about my stuff. :smiley:

@Bolg , @Vapo , @Lord_of_Uzkulak & @Hashoooot may all be interested in this contest, by the way.

3 Likes

Horns of Hashut type models not really my thing.

Let me know when we get to monster model painting, as that’s my next project that I’m trying to get myself started on.

1 Like