Artisan's Contest XXXVIII: Armies of Infamy

“In the world of old, the only immortality is infamy…”

The Brazen Broadcast Presents: The 38th Artisan’s Contest on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by @LaketideMiniatures !

The gold winner will receive this lot of Knightmare minis thanks to @MichaelX and @LaketideMiniatures

And the silver winner will carry home two mm90 characters

Whereas the bronze winner scores this Major-General sculpted and donated by @Antenor

And finally one lucky random draw winner not in top three will receive 3 Jade Obelisk miniatures on sprue courtesy of @Reaver

Subject Matter: Armies of Infamy

This contest is intended for miniature based entries but is fairly open format so that entrants can complete nearly any model(s) or proxies to use in future games of The Old World or any other system of their choosing.

This time around we want you to sculpt, kitbash, paint, and/or convert miniature(s), a unit, or diorama which in some way features your own personal spin on Chaos Dwarfs. Entries may be something non-traditional in Chaos Dwarf or Hobgoblin lists or your own unique spin on an established classic. Think Bear cavalry or Chaos Halflings.

You might find inspiration in a new theme or sub-faction of Chaos Dwarfs. Not all of our brethren wear big hats and tote blunderbusses. Explore some other outer gods or fragments of Hashut that spawned in other regions of the Old World… cough Walhut cough. Or maybe even Chaos Dwarfs in the service of the other mainstream Chaos gods. Here at hipster dwarfs online we accept many alternative themes even if they are ripped from your last slam poetry event or Ska band album art.

Maybe you’re outraged at the omission of the K’daai Destroyer and are about ready to take up your pointed stick and march to Nottingham. Instead, why not channel that creative keyboard commando energy into a fun kitbash you can proxy into casual gaming. Who knew that iconic scene from the Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs trailer was Astragoth putting the final nail in the destroyer coffin. Alas, for literal decades, CDO has not backed down in the face of these slights, but instead has a thoroughly archived history of thriving on community creativity.

Or you could come up with anything else entirely, as long as it relates to Chaotic Dwarf things or Hashut/Chaos-aligned miniatures. With so many folks preparing for The Old World, another way to frame this contest would be: What’s something Chaos Dwarfy I’d like to see get some attention in The Old World. This is a relatively open format so hopefully folks can pick up and finish a project to get painted miniatures to the table. There are no quantity restrictions so enter as much or as little as you would like. Let your imagination run wild and be welcome to surprise us all with weird interpretations!

Specifics
Subject: Armies of Infamy
The Due Date: 11:59 PM May 31st, 2024 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Artisan’s Contests before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the @GoldenHat account no later than the due date. (Entrants have approximately 10 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact @Reaver since the @GoldenHat account has limited monitoring. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Submissions should include up to 4 pictures of your miniature creation.

Upload and send your entry images with this forum’s direct upload function (preferred) in a PM to @GoldenHat (a special user that all Staff have access to). Any images uploaded to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur will need to be inserted in image form into the PM anyway (see below).

If you win:

• Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place at the top in the vaunted Artisan’s Contest Gallery.
  • Receive the Artisan’s Contest medal for your online persona.
  • Win miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any general questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise. If you have a question on whether or not your specific entry fits. The answer is probably yes, it fits… but feel free to reach out to @Reaver if you have further questions.

Should you wish to donate a prize to this or future contests, please PM @Reaver and he will sort it out with you and the Staff. Note that prizes do not need to be exclusively miniatures.

Good luck everyone!
The Staff

12 Likes

I was so busy clicking all the links by the time i got to the end i had no idea what the competition subject was! Haha

I was feeling i was themed out…idk where to go this time. Need my thinking cap on!

4 Likes

Those are some cool prizes

2 Likes

I still have no idea what to do? Did I understand correctly that I can actually make / build anything, as long as it’s not “mainstream” stuff?

2 Likes

As long as you’re doing putting a little of your own flavor on it, intentionally left it a little grey with what flavor actually means since I don’t want to rule folks out if they just want to get something completed for gaming.

It’s essentially an open format create a thing contest. Hoping to squeeze out some creative juices since this is an Artisan’s after all. Ultimately it will be on voters to assess the entries for artisanyness.

Side note: Basically any Zanko model I’ve ever seen would fit here. Zanko baggage trains should’ve been in the brief as an example to be honest.

Say for example someone had a unit of models that pretty much were just painted without modifications. Maybe they put a extra spice in the basing to make a nicely composed unit or added some filler… I’d say that’s still perfectly valid.

4 Likes

Ok thanks for the clarification, my English isn’t the best. :wink:

4 Likes

Story of my life Chris…haha

5 Likes

I have an idea for this so stupid it might just be awesome.

Or stupid

6 Likes

Oh great, now I gotta finish another unfinished project I had peacefully lying around untouched for a year. Ooof. Where to find the time? :angry:

4 Likes

Damn what a wall of text for my poor brain hahahah
I realised only now that another golden hat finished, I didn’t even notice it coming live xD gonna see the entries after this hahaha
This one seems cool once again, unfortunately for me it’s bad timing as I’m finishing my projects for Play Modena for end of may

Too many things to do and too little help from my brain!

Good luck you lot of barsards

3 Likes

So is a unit of Hobgoblins valid?
Of course Hashut would Immediately say YES…but just checking :grin:
Nudge, nudge, wink wink.

2 Likes

Why of course Hobgoblins are allowed. As well as black orks and other unique takes on servants of the Chaos Dwarfs.

2 Likes

I have an idea that I could have had for the GH, but never mind.

I’m going to rebuild an existing model and repaint most of it. I can’t wait to see if my vision can be brought to life this time! :rofl:

2 Likes

Well it’s probably no surprise what theme mine will be, but I’ll bash my two brain cells together and attempt something a little different…

2 Likes

Hello all,

@Antenor has kindly donated this miniature for the bronze prize! Make sure you do good but not too good to give yourself a shot at Bronze…

7 Likes

Classic jac

1 Like

its becoming a little tricky narrowing down what to do, I might roll a dice. I have several ideas and I sadly don’t believe they can be combined in this instance. I am excited to see this one.

1 Like

Do the @Zoddtheimmortal technique - present a smorgasbord of ideas :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

3 Likes

But, I haven’t finished the last contests entry yet

3 Likes