Image Grids on Discourse

Hello all,

For those unaware there’s a handy new (“?”) feature for discourse for easy image grids. For this community a very key addition to the formatting arsenal.

Syntax looks like this below. Results in the second half of this link.
Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 4.59.30 PM

More information below. Hope this helps! If anyone comes up with some handy tips for using this feature feel free to share examples below.

Here’s a random test

12 Likes

thats fantastic! Can’t wait to see more root vegtables and bovine booger eaters! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Those are the wettest goddam carrots

3 Likes

“Carrothulhu, freshly yanked from the moistness of the upside down.” - HP Lovecarrot, probably

4 Likes

Well that’s neat! Will try it immediately

edit
Alright, I updated the pictures in my Big Hat blog, worked pretty well! Comes out very nice for two portrait pictures. With three equal pictures it’s a hit-and-miss. Overall I like it a lot!

4 Likes

Not bad for big compilation posts either. Granted in this post I have purposefully chosen all pictures that are framed similarly.

It seems to like when all of the images have the same scale in discourses built in scale by percent.

3 Likes

Holy Carrot!

I intend on attempting this to showcase my current project- whenever I finish it that is.

3 Likes

This is useful! I might have to restructure some compilation posts on the the website later on using the image grid.

4 Likes

Seems to be a handy feature for future image-based competitions, no more manual formatting.

3 Likes

Oh! That is a fair point! it might make it more viable to automate it

2 Likes

Honestly this feature is so simple but it massively improves the experience of interacting with image-heavy posts.

I just went back out of the blue to edit this post on the Kev Adams Chaos Dwarf Sculpts and the difference between the slog scrolling through it before and the neat overview now with the grid is simply fantastic.

It’s a wonderfully pleasant improvement.

5 Likes

No joke! Seeing it on practice is super helpful. I’ve spent too much time trying to size images to line up right, this is a much better fix

2 Likes

I used it for the wiki threads and I don’t seem to be getting the mouseover info coming up. Is there something I have missed for that?

2 Likes

It might have to do with the image size? Images that are small enough might not need the ability to upsize? Although you do miss out on the image titles. Not sure

1 Like

Ah, that might be it. If so then I’ll have to figure out another way to get the model name associated with the image.

1 Like