Bessron's small steps to a Chaos Dwarf Army

Mate… we love anything chorf related. Wip pics are great as we get to see your process and learn :slight_smile:

Looking good, but that’s hardly unexpected after seeing the first finished pictures

4 Likes

So now it’s done, the Earthshaker cannon is ready.

I hope you like it.

I put them on a large base so that the figures fit on it and they don’t stand too tightly.

21 Likes

Beautiful mate!! That colour scheme is a gift that keeps giving…

3 Likes

Utterly beautiful, that does not look like a 30 year old model. You should be proud.

2 Likes

Big big fun of that color scheme, best warmachines we ever got.
Be careful to not shoot when the crew is moving in front of the cannon! :chaos1:

2 Likes

O-M-Hashut this is a thing of beauty. I love the diorama style base

2 Likes

Agree with everything here, amazing work :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

Basing of the Earthshaker looks amazing, I love all the dried mud cracks and small bushes. However the paint job is also neat :v:

2 Likes

So back to the bull centaur from Lost Kingdom Miniatures.
I sat down at the banner.
What do you think? I like to hear / read your thoughts on it.

Would you like to paint something else in the banner?

12 Likes

Really loving the basing! Nice work all around

2 Likes

Excellent freehand, really like the banner and wouldn’t add too much at all, when you say paint something else do you mean on the banner?

If so looking at the rest of the army maybe some edging like the triangles on the old banners but it would need to be subtle as not to take away from the awesome Bull

I meant the banner,

whether I should still fill the free area below or above the bull.
In my mind, the triangles don’t match the designer of the new chaos dwarfs …

Maybe skulls and one or two lightning bolts in black ?

Or is the bull sufficient?

Sounds fair

I’ve seen banners before with piles of skulls at the bottom that would look great, as would the lightning however I do think the Bull is sufficient and it’s a fantastic banner as it is now

Maybe it’s worth completing a few more things and then if this banner is still calling out for something more you can go back

2 Likes

Short rehearsal for the bull centaurs, prepare the base and paint the next 2 boys

13 Likes

After what seemed like an eternity, I was able to paint 2 more bull centaurs. I am approaching the finish line for the squad of 5. Michael will be pleased

13 Likes

Looking great @Bessron

1 Like

God I’m so jealous of you. I wish I had thought about doing such a bright Armour colour…

Thank you @Oxymandias

@MichaelX for me it was a bit of a dare, I always painted in muted colours before. Lots of brown and green. But yes the turquoise pops and fits really well I think.

So, it’s almost done. Tomorrow I’ll put in another two tufts of grass and maybe leave a skull or two lying around. Then the first five boys will be ready for the plate. It was a long way there.

Thanks for your patience, there will be better pictures soon.

20 Likes

That’s 1 way to ensure you always have a hill in ur deployment zone !
Looks lovely, well done

1 Like

So, after a few days, I finally have the squad of five ready to play.

So let’s see what I can paint now… Any suggestions or things you would like to see?

16 Likes