Brawniac's 3D sculpted big hats

@Loidrial How does the size of the champion compare to the metal original blunderbuss? The metal one looks considerably chunkier. Should I scale up the next printa little?
Also, is there room for a bull centaur on your pile of shame?

2 Likes

Me, myself I like variation. I thought it was a real nice detail with the strap - something that catches the eye. But I think that if you put them on all the bluderbusses it might not come to itā€™s own right, something along the line of ā€œcanā€™t see the wood for all the treesā€.

On the other hand, a blunderbuss slung across the shoulder or back would make great variation on the legacy ā€œat easeā€ Blunderbuss Warriors. This is of course my own opinion, do with it as you will - Iā€™m sure the result will be great however you choose to do it.

3 Likes

Great job bro

1 Like

Oh, just a second thought on the strapsā€¦ What if you donā€™t add straps to all blunderbusses but still add the attachment hooks (brackets?) for them? That way it would come across as an individual choice to apply the (army conscripted) strap.

3 Likes

As Iā€™m going to receive army painter speed paint tomorrow, I could use them as test models if you feel like sending me some early STLs
For the rest, i found your champion was the right scale but a little thin over some aspects, mostly the hands and the swords which are wider in the original minis
But doesnā€™t hurt the model for sure, I also printed it slightly smaller compared to the originals because I was eyeballing the height xD

3 Likes

I feel like chaos dwarfs should have a large blunderbuss weapons team. Im surprised they dont have one. The rules are already out there for one. The swivel gun.

Great sculpts as usual. I wonder if some of the finer details like the teeth on the gun barrel might be lost on some on sub standard printers.

2 Likes

Excellent idea! Though I picture each blunderbuss as being handmade by the owner, rather than issued.

2 Likes

I think you are absolutely correct. Even pro printers would have trouble and painters would be without any chances.

So hereā€™s that status as of now: I have retired the dragon blunderbuss and some other stuff in order to boost the details and added a 4th dude and a champion WIP.

Behold: I give you the ass-blunderbuss! Hereby christened the ā€œblunderbassā€!

18 Likes

Blunderbutt?

7 Likes

Man why didnā€™t I think of thatā€¦?

4 Likes

Dude this is seriously good :exploding_head:

2 Likes

@Brawniac I think if you want the teeth on the blunderbuss to look sharp when printed theyā€™d need the be really crisis. Like they are extruded instead of sculpted of you know what I mean.

2 Likes

once again Marko, i really dig (pun intended) them, especially the champion. those are becoming great and better really quick!

5 Likes

Amazing! Some of the best new incarnation of the classic design :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Almost forgot to post this: Oxymandias shares my fondness for loony tunes humour:

12 Likes

Yes, yes!!! A poor chap with blown up blunderbuss would be fantastic!

2 Likes

The owner would need singed eyebrows and a shocked expression. A challenge for you marko if you are tempted?

3 Likes

I will try, but I think soot would have to be painted on. I will work on this tonight!

3 Likes

These are superb! When Ill go for another CD army it will most likely be a printed one, and it will be so hard to choose. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to CD Anonymous, we are here to help.

:rofl:

1 Like