CD by Ashur

Well, now that Golden Hat is done, here is my entry. This fellow is the last survivor of my old chaos dwarf army, so he has a special place in my heart. I hope one day to give him a new army, so in the meantime, here he is.

Zharrbaraz, the Fire Boar

10 Likes

Awesome model man!

1 Like

Very cool conversion! Much better than the original model! :wink:

1 Like

I really like the work you did on that dwarven book/anvil-standard. The banner itself is also great - the historically inspired artwork fits right in with the Chaos Dwarf aesthetics. :+1:

1 Like

Hashut heard my prayers.

After ten years skulking in the margins of our hobby, I finaly have the money (which is good) and the time (which is bad since I owe it to the quarantine) to start painting again.

So here is my first work in progress.

More will follow soon I hope

:16:

9 Likes

Great to hear you’ll pick up modelling & painting again! Necron legs as machine legs for Astragoth. Interesting, and clever choice! I like the crescent metal cloak. Looking forward to see where this leads. :14:

2 Likes

look at this tall boi! wanna see more too!23

4 Likes

Inspired choice of robot legs @ashur

2 Likes

Astragoth believes in recycling. His very body is made of junk I found in my bits box.

6 Likes

Looks good so far! :03:

1 Like

GoGo Greenstragoth!

2 Likes

Well, here he is. My first Chaos Dwarf in ten years and the first mini I paint with the contrast technique.
He is still missing a few bits I will get later.

8 Likes

Astragoth is still a work in progress. I have to find a “backpack” for his armour. Any suggestions?

5 Likes

Browse but times at Kromlech, with which I have already found quite cool things. :wink:

1 Like

Looking great. If you could get hold of 40k techmarines, servitors and their chaos equivalents you could pillage some backpacks.

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions!

In other news:

Soon my old CDs will make a comeback.

8 Likes

Metallic basecoat?

Or stripped ?

Yep, you are right :slight_smile: still see small bits of red paint

A great day for me. My prototype!

I’m still working on the colour scheme. Any comments are most welcome.

6 Likes