CDO Meetup 2022 - Gaming Thread

Sounds good!
Never played Mordheim, would love a shot at it!

1 Like
  1. @Jasko
  2. @MichaelX
  3. @Oxymandias
  4. @Habitual_Lurker
  5. @Antenor
  6. @Anzu
  7. @GhraskDragh

All please vote on this new survey above about how big the games should be and what
you can bring. and this survey about side games!

1 Like

Done.

I can bring 2 tables (just about 6x4, one with grass and roads, one more city themed)

I have plenty of trees, hills, some ruins, …

I can bring 3 armies, though I’d have to figure out how to package some bits.

Lizardmen, chaos dwarfs and beastmen.

Also, not yet discussed but certainly an option, I can bring a castle and siege rules! Love a good siege battle!

Oh, and some siege equipment…

3 Likes

That sounds crazy amazing!

I think the table diversity will be the most important part. It opens up so many options for us.

Multiple armies might add some flavour but we’re going to be mostly doing chorf mirror matches anyway right. Let’s see if anyone absolutely cannot bring minis. If they can’t, maybe they could borrow an army from you.

The castle and siege equipment sounds like it would be better for people with more experience at 8th than some of us have!

2 Likes

Lovely. I can probably bring 1500pts models but nothing else that would take up the space I think. I could take a couple of scenery pieces at a push, but that would make it more like 1000pts of models :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I can definitely bring a foldable 6x4 gaming table. I don’t have a gaming mat, I play on Secret Weapon’s Rolling Hills tablescape tiles. I can bring those, but of course they are unpainted :slight_smile:

Based on the army size etc, I can bring two armies no problem (choice of Chaos Dwarfs, Night Goblins, Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves, Dwarfs), maybe more depending on the transport situation.

I don’t really have (nice and painted) terrain. I can bring gaming accessories as well obviously.

1 Like

I think you guys are better off taking models. If I play lizardmen I have some warmachimes available to borrow so you can reach 2k.

2 tables and jaskos 2 tables should be way more then is needed.

1 Like

I have lots of gaming mats but they are long and awkward things to take on a train.

1 Like

Worst case scenario boys - go old school.

Green table cloth > bare wooden table

I could definitely bring one of those if we were in a tight spot

2 Likes

I really don’t mind playing my lizardmen btw. It adds diversity and allows you guys to use my stuff.

And I can magic the fuck out of you lot hopefully :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

True, old school is always an option.

So since I’ll be coming by car, I can just throw lots of stuff in my trunk, maybe we’ll use, maybe not, doesn’t really matter.

3 Likes

This! I’ll probably hook up my small trailer to take the BBQ anyway. I can easily chuck in the gaming surfaces.

2 Likes

Gents. Somewhat off topic but.

Im well excited :blush:

3 Likes

Same! I keep wanting to add more days to it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think this is what I was hoping for - Car Gang able to bring terrain and tables. the foreigners will put our effort behind bringing a table-ready army and then IF circumstances allow we can set up side games of mordheim or blood bowl.

I need to get a sense of the physical size of a 1500 point army in 8th… then I’ve got a lot of painting to do!!!

2 Likes

+1!

My gf returned from her besiness-trip today and I excitedly told her about our plans, nothing stopping me now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Chaos dwarfs will be around 50 to 80 I assume.

Haha yeah, my Mrs found that venue we are looking at.

2 Likes

This is a good start

Jasko’s list

The one I liked did pretty good against greenskins

1 Like

Though… it is 2.5k…