CDO Meetup 2022 - Gaming Thread

I could never hate you Justus :kissing_heart:

1 Like

little girl blush

2 Likes

@Oxymandias does it matter for your narrative if i bring and play multiple lists?

1 Like

Nope not at all. If it’s the same army book or different army books let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

No no, just plain old lizardmen but sort of thematically different. One is only skinks, the other is take all comers. I might make more lists, to have some variation

1 Like

totally fine man

1 Like

i will try to be there on saturday, but i wont game, haven’t played since 2004 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aahh ok this is a bit rushed but here you go.
General is Overlord Brazhoak Snarlscorn, servant of Kharrgoth the Bonesmith, LoA themed expansionist force. Drazoath perceives Kharrgoth as a potential rival, so has despatched him beyond the borders of the empire in the hopes he will be conveniently killed. However Kharrgoth has not just survived, but prospered, discovering ancient lore and resources in his southward journey. He seeks to combine daemonsmithing with the dark wind of Shyish, using means deemed heretical amongst the ancient sorcerors of Zharr-Naggrund.

3 Likes

sigh I’m still torn between my two armies. I want to increase variety by playing High Elves, and I equally want to play with a fully painted army, my Big Hats, for the first time in decades as well :mask:

Here are, therefore, introductions for both armies:

Big Hats: Tower of Jaskorh Slave Raiding Party (General is Dorrgath of the Tower of Jaskorh)
After decades of brutal infighting and intrigues in order to outcompete his grand rival Barbakul, Dorrgath suddenly found himself being the sole remaining champion in the Tower of Jaskorh, when his adversary was sent to the Dwerrow Zharr. Finally he would be the Tower of Jaskorh’s greatest general! But he had to learn that his smug attitude was uncalled for, when he witnessed Vzrakesh Deathscourge, emissary from King Zagor of Uzkulak, rise quickly through the inner circles in the Tower of Jaskorh and take Barbakul’s place as the most trusted advisors of the mighty Sorcerer-Prophet Alkanash. And before too long, Alkanash summoned him to the Temple of Hashut, Vzrakesh lurking in the background as he had so often recently, and handed him his orders for immidiate departure. Was that it? Was he being ousted, like Barbakul before him? Quickly he looked at the upstart foreigner to read something in his face, perhaps, but nothing could be glimpsed from beneath his horned helmet. Alkanash raised an eyebrow. “Any problems with your orders?” “Of course not, honoured one. I’ll return with my mission completed.” Brooding, Dorrgath left the temple. He could still turn this to his advantage. Return with enough slaves and trophies, and he could challenge Vzrakesh’s position. It wouldn’t be the first time.

High Elves: The Grey Host (General is Prince Kaderloth of the Grey Tower)
In a time before men had climbed from the trees and covered their shame with animal hides, the High Elves had already mastered the seas and controlled the waterways around the world. Since then, many former exclaves had been abandoned and the Elves returned to Ulthuan, foregoing their primacy among the known races. One of the few citadels still elved was the Grey Tower, with the Grey Host ever watchful for dangers to the fleeting empire of the High Elves. When his advisors reported grim portents divined from the winds of magic, Prince Kaderloth assembled his swiftest forces and set out with haste. More than the fate of the Grey Tower alone was at stake!

2 Likes

Based on the terrain, are we framing this as happening in Lustria? Makes sense with @MichaelX s big temples etc?

1 Like

I am also bringing that gw graveyard set, some 3d printed cathedral ruins, some leafy trees and other assorted stuff. Can also do more empire themed battles.

To explain the varied armies and varied locations I was thinking the story roughly being : chaos dwarfs sent out across the world to retrieve some magic maguffins and bring back.

2nd and third games can be those battles continuing or the people who were stolen from trying to get their shit back

3 Likes

@MichaelX @Habitual_Lurker @chitzkoi @Jasko

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ghDMOS31igLUfuyeEMHMbCyJw97uF5d/view?usp=drivesdk

Narrative pack ^

No rules or anything. Just a narrative background to who everyone is and why they are fighting .

5 Likes

I absolutely love this! Instantly hyped :smiley: Damn this will be so much fun!

But on a side note: Astragoth is talking about four parts of the heart. Slipped or has it a deeper meaning? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Edit cock ups haha. Was four parts and I later changed to three parts cos of number of gamers and factions involved

So just pretend he said 3

Or

Secret 4th part revealed later? Let’s see how much I drink on the first night and how the story goes

2 Likes

“The assembled generals looked at each other when Astrogoth was talking about four parts of the Heart of Melgadish, even when every beardling knew that there were only three. Had the petrification finally reached the venerable Sorcerer’s brain? In any case, his magical prowess was still great and his temper had not been softened with age, so nobody dared correcting him.”

4 Likes

That’s now canon haha

2 Likes

Will we see more of the narrative based on the results of the matches? Because I’m supremely interested in seeing more of this type of document.

3 Likes

I’m taking notes as we go for this reason @Ihsan997

My army have had the shit kicked out of them twice hahah it’s gonna be a fun read

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to it - don’t let those lizards have the last laugh!

4 Likes