CDO Meetup 2022 - Gaming Thread

Fits with the one I’m usually using (El_Rey’s_base_size_chart)

Admin perks for the win → 203867920-Warhammer-base-size-chart-2013-pdf.pdf (100.5 KB)

I use this one

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the one I use.

1 Like

Let’s unify around this one for the upcoming standardised rules release. I’ll delete the one i posted

2 Likes

Yeah, makes sense.

How is it looking on the gaming front? Is everyone bringing at least one army? Are we in agreement on our custom WAP FAQ & Errata? Any other house rules we want to have?

Do we set up some kind of tournament? Maybe a round-robin followed by some kind of playoffs? How many games will/can be played in parallel?

2 Likes

All good questions. No anawers from me, but a good narrative would be fun!

Do we want to play a siege? Maybe too much variation?

Im bringing 2 armies.

1 Like

Yeah a good narrative would be awesome!

So I wouldn’t mind a siege (which rules? The one from Blood in the Badlands?), they are fun. Maybe as some kind of special event / grand finale?

So what I would find great is a round robin tournament, so everybody plays once against everybody else. (The one’s bringing multiple armies play only with one obviously). Depending on how many we are, the two/four best placed players could then play (semi)finals. Those games alone should keep us busy for a while :sweat_smile: would be great if we could play two games in parallel. I’ll bring a table. Additionally it would be just awesome to have a giant game with alliances, where we all play together. That could be a possibility for a siege, imho. On top there could/should be room for friendly matches (where we could use other armies) and/or small games like Blood Bowl, AoS, Kill Team, Necromunda and of course the Warlords of Erewon demo-game with Oxy :wink:

I usually play 6th ed aiwgw rules with house rules i can supply.

I am bringing 1 gaming surfaces, hoping there is at least 1 tBle we can use.

Biggest problem with a big siege is i dont have a big castle :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I can bring the Warhammer fortress

1 Like

Ah, 2 fortresses would work well enough id say

1 Like

@Jasko

Warhammer-Siege-Rules.pdf (574.3 KB)

Siege Battles.pdf (983.2 KB)
Defender’s siege equipment.pdf (73.9 KB)
Attacker’s siege equipment.pdf (70.0 KB)

1 Like

Alright! Will give it a read :ok_hand:

1 Like

Lets try to make thinks more specific, shall we?

@Oxymandias can do a but of narrstive prep work, but for thst he’ll need some details.
Please reply with the following:

Name of your army or general
A description of who your army is, a bit of backstory.
What your armies motives are, what drives them.

Ill start.

I’ll be playing my lizardmen in the campaign. My general is Lord Krarqokatal, but as hes a slann hes sending his brutal right hand (or claw?) Din’queeWin’qee.

Krarqokatal has had a vision in which he saw the destruction of their lands by ruthless corrupted dwarfs. He has tasked Din’queeWin’qee with preventing this from happening.

Any non narrative battle i will use chaos dwarfs

2 Likes

@Jasko @chitzkoi @Habitual_Lurker @Zanko could you please add to this gents.

@bas_2312 and @Sjoerdo i believe you guys were planning on potentially coming down one day. If this is to game as well as say hello, let me
Know what day and the details as described above please

1 Like

Gladly! So I am currently torn. My primary army are of course my Big Hats I’m currently painting for the event, my secondary are my High Elves. Problem is, they are unpainted, and I would prefer playing a painted army in the campaign :sweat_smile: (plus I don’t want to give Oxy the Hatred (unpainted) advantage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Your high elves are unpainted? Or your bighats?

1 Like

High elves are unpainted, Big Hats are currently being painted and will be done (i.e. battle-ready) in time

1 Like

Having completed my last Warhammer game some 15 or 20 years ago, I’m out of there. I’m more of an interested onlooker …

2 Likes

We will get you back into it Chris!

3 Likes