CDO Meetup 2022 - Gaming Thread

You were clear as day mate. It’s me who was confused. I’d just been woken by a toddler telling me she was a zombie and wanted to eat my brain. I wasn’t quite awake yet haha

4 Likes

For anything but chaos I’ll be going vanilla 8th! But that’s because I know those rules :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that’s the reason WAP 8th is the consensus choice. I don’t doubt WAP 9th but it’s balanced to face the other 9th edition books.

Yes, this.

So Tomb Kings have an official 8th edition army book by GW, as well as an 8th edition WAP army book. I’m fine with either.

1 Like

And here’s another thing I’d like to throw in the mix:

So I don’t care if an army is a few points over the limit. I draw the line at maybe 3 or 4 (5 latest), cause that’s basically a whole magic item you just cannot take then, but if you show up with 1502 points I don’t care. How do you guys view this?

1 Like

How we deal with this @Jasko is a few points over is fine, tell your opponent. If they can add a magic item or add an extra goblin or something to make the difference they do. If they can’t you tend to just shrug and say hey - it’s 3pts. I guess one could be a gentleman and go - hey I’m four points over. You want first or second turn?

Lots of gentelmanly ways of working around it

1 Like

Yep, sounds very good.

And if your opponent has a few pts over and you lose… well… he had the upper hand obviously…

2 Likes

Yeah bragging rights denied Hahaha

Just a random shout… I’m not on here quite often but I like the idea of showing up if I have the cash and time. drinking a few beers and playing some 8th ed warhammer with like minded hobbyists does sound like a blast.

4 Likes

Good on ya Bolg! Are you local to the venue mate?

2 Likes

According to the member map it’s 1 to 2 hours. Would be good to have you @Bolg, even if it’s just a 1 day visit.

Let me know if you want me to add you to the list!

1 Like

Where will you guys be meeting? If it’s not too far it would be fun to show up and meet some of you guys in person :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bas_2312

Scrolled trough the entire topic 2x… missed the Venue. Based in Utrecht (NL) have access to a car (and can carpool with Bas_2312.

Long time since I played 8th edition, found memories. Think I never played the CD list thats used for the tournament (mostly used the ravening hordes list).

1 Like

@Bolg and @bas_2312 its in Stramproy (Limburg). Its about 1.5 hrs for you guys.

This info is in the main thread btw CDO meetup 2022

3 Likes

What are the thoughts of the group on how large a Bull Centaur Render or Bull Centaur Taur’ruk should be?

8th doesn’t have “regular” bull centaur cavalry base sized option.

So, if anyone brings a Render or a Taur’ruk, we expect them to be Forge World Big right?

I’d say it doesn’t matter for the model itself, just the base should be right.

Sure, ideally the model would be a little larger than the old GW Bull Centaurs, but yeah, who cares.

I also made a suggestion for including small Bull Centaurs in the WAP 8th army list.

Yes, what @Jasko said. Model size Is somewhat irrelevant as long as they’re on the correct base.

1 Like

Yeah just whack it on a 50x75 and you’re golden, really.

Though WAP base sizes are a constant headache. RAW you can quite happily stick a dragon in a 40x40 in WAP, just because the system is written not to preclude the use of older models. Unscrupulous gamey types can really take advantage of that kind of thing, but I trust that everyone will be playing in the right spirit, so it won’t be a problem.