CDO Secret Santa

Chaos Dwarfs Online - Secret Santa

Good afternoon Hashut Heads. Myself and @Admiral have been speaking and decided that it would be a nice idea to end the year from hell (or the realm of chaos?) in a positive way by doing what CDO members do best - something fun and creative.

In a similar style to the old emissary exchange, which has been recently brought back into vogue by @Zanko and his amazing blue dragon , we are suggesting that any interested parties put their name down here. We can then pair up members at random so that everyone is creating a gift for someone and having a gift created for them by someone else.

We will let you know who you’ve been paired with and you can create a gift for that person and work out how to send them between yourselves.

The secret Santa gifts should be something chaos dwarf related. It could be a model, some art or a piece of scenery or something. It’s a good opportunity to recapture the old “sending slaves “ system by sending a friend some poor downtrodden goblin!

Please don’t break the bank. Try to use what’s in your bits box or long neglected grey piles of shame. Make it something small and something creative.

There is also no pressure to get this done by Xmas! We’ve thought of this a little late and if it works well we could maybe start it in October next time.

Any interested people, please comment below and we can start collating names. We might have to do a little deadline for registering interest but can sort that out soon.

Also - I’m not staff, so staff if I’m doing anything wrong or posting this in the wrong place let me know and I’ll rectify it.

8 Likes

Awesome idea! :grinning: I`m interested! :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah I should probably say I’m interested too! :raising_hand_man:t2:

3 Likes

Im probably more bad santa-like in nature so send me all your shiny stuff to sort out and ill run off laughin…

5 Likes

Aye, I’m on board. :02: :pirate_flag:

4 Likes

+1 from Italy aswell!

4 Likes

I am up for sending an envoy btw. Thinking of how i can cut some things up and get it painted in time…

3 Likes

@Admiral Shall we say to have your names in by Friday 4th December if you’re interested?

I can then collate names and randomise pairings that Saturday and let you all know.

3 Likes

Sure, Friday the 4th of December sounds good. I’ve not had time to look closer on how Secret Santas were done on Ulthuan.net a few years ago, but it’s not rocket science so let’s wing it. :02:

Good work, @Oxymandias, and great spirit all! 'tis the season of jolly, of gifts exchanged and Zhanta Klaus raiding the untamed lands for slaves.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

All praise zharrta claws!

3 Likes

Might be worth if everyone taking part gives their general area (eg Europe, North America, etc); that way, if possible people could be given the person they’re Santa-ing for from the same region to cut down on postage costs? Going to be better for someone in, say, Sweden to be given the name of someone in France than in Australia for example.

2 Likes

@Lord_of_Uzkulak: Good idea, and it might be good to tell if one would like to ship within the region if possible, or don’t care about the region.

Sweden nowadays have flat rates for international shipping. No longer a Nordic-European-Overseas gradation as during the 1990s when my mother worked in the postal service. It costs as much to ship to Denmark as it costs to ship to New Zealand, or rather, as little. We’re still rather cheap. :14:

3 Likes

Yeah good shout @Lord_of_Uzkulak

I’ll message the interested parties Friday /Saturday and ask location where they are based and locations they are able to ship to. This means pairings may not be 100% random but will be randomish. I’m happy to fill in the gap and send mine to anywhere in case someone lives deep in the Amazonian rainforest, on the moon or the centre of the earth or somewhere similarly awkward to post to :smiley:

2 Likes

Ill try to get mine sent so it arrives b4 xmas. We should have all the envoys photographed and in a thread afterwards : )
Itl encourage more people to do it next year.

2 Likes

I think to ship from Italy would me 15 euro top for small packages, so no big of a deal for me

1 Like

Last day to sign up here then. How many people we got? 5-6? Hopefully will paint mine at weekend

Confirmed:

Me
@Zanko
@Zoddtheimmortal
@Reaver
@Loidrial

Unconfirmed:
@Lord_of_Uzkulak - not sure if you were posting advice only or if you were planning to get involved. (No pressure btw)

1 Like

Just advice; not in a position to commit currently. :wink:

1 Like

No worries @Lord_of_Uzkulak :slight_smile:

1 Like