CDO Secret Santa

Time to pillage and plunder! (my bits box) :santa: :pirate_flag:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve started working on something, so would like to be included.
However, if there isnā€™t an even match of people I can keep it for myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And I understand that Iā€™m the last sign-up which might make me superfluous.

2 Likes

Youā€™re added to the list @badmoongrin

I havenā€™t written a list

But I willā€¦ and I will add you to it :joy:

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™ll take a short break on my main projects to participate. Should be a good occasion to create something truly original that doesnā€™t need to stick to a particular theme! :21:

3 Likes

There is no issues on even or odd numbers of participants, can be worked out easy ; ).

Started base-coating my envoy, looking pretty awful so far ā€¦haha

This seems to happen to me with most models. It looks terrible until at least the washes go on.

1 Like

Lovely youā€™re added to the list! (The list Iā€™ll write tomorrow)

My ā€œentryā€ for the Secret Santa event is ready! Now I only need my exchange partner! :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll get on this tomorrow - got a day off work :smiley:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s cheating! :joy:
Iā€™ve only done the basic construction with, painting will have to start tomorrow.

2 Likes

Messages sent to all interested. If I accidentally missed you out message me asap.

Will pair people up when all answers are in.

Itā€™s quite likely you will send a gift to somebody and have somebody different send you a present. This should be great fun! Looking forward to it :smiley:

2 Likes

Great idea! Donā€™t have the time to commit to this but if next year starts in October I am definitely joining!

3 Likes

Well my envoy is finished, i hope my chosen fellow chaos dwarf ally likes him :laughing:

Back to painting the hobbos i guessā€¦

2 Likes

@Zoddtheimmortal
@Zanko
@badmoongrin
@Goltor
@Reaver
And ā€¦me

We have now been all paired up with someone to send to and someone to receive from. Please check your private messages for instructions.

Happy painting and merry Christmas.

Might I suggest we keep this thread open for people to share pics of them unwrapping their gifts?

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Zhanta Klauz -

Of all Dawi Zharr lords there are few who command respect and loyalty as Zhanta Klauz. Blackmail, arm-twisting and bribery are all standard tactis in maintaining loyalty along the ranks. Zhanta took this to an extreme - his gifts were lavish and in return the loyalty he commanded almost fanatical.
Once a year Zhanta Klauz would summon all his his henchmen, from the noblest Bull-centaurs to the lowliest slave and bestow his favour. For the loyal there would be slaves, daemon-craft works, great piles of gold, and iron. Upon the disloyal there would fall only coal, heaps and heaps of coal, to bury them and in the worst cases smother them completely. It is said that the term ā€˜a black markā€™ originated in this tradition as the great Zhantaā€™s list would be so marked for those judged unworthy.
In time all lords must fall, even the mighty, like Zhanta Klauz. And yet, his former servants remember his name and still continue this tradition of an annual public giving of gifts - to the good great treasures and to the naughty, only coal. And at Hashutā€™s side the spirit of Zhanta Klauz cheers, for his name will continue into eternity as the great giver and taker.

Praise Hashut, praise Zhanta Klauz!

6 Likes

@Loidrial Iā€™ve sent your match now. Apologies for accidentally missing you out! All sorted now. :slight_smile:

Blame the hobgoblins. Thatā€™s what I normally do :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

as usual!

3 Likes

Had a perfect storm, literally. Weather knocked out the internet but not power so I couldnā€™t work from home but could work on paintingā€¦ Canā€™t complain

5 Likes

Im pretty curious to see what everyone came up with :08_1:

:18:

:13:

Maybe im just trying out the emojis for the 1st time too :17:

Oh the last one seems very appropriate to my name

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, love the idea and if I wasnā€™t notoriously bad at finishing projects I would have put my name in straight away.

Maybe by the next time something like this roles around Iā€™ll be in a better hobby place and can join in.

For now I shall look forward to you guys opening your presents :grin::+1:t2:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve finished mine but havenā€™t had the chance to send yet. Hopefully will soon.

And yes - I think next time it will be less of a last minute idea- we will give a month or two notice- and more can get involved. Genuinely canā€™t wait to see what I get! :blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes