Chaos Dwarf Renegade Culture Project

Excited to see the Walhut canon growing!

Here are some general thoughts on the nature of Walhut as I see it, mostly compiled from @MichaelX and other folks discussing on the discord. Consider these more as vague musings and inspiration as opposed to guidance. I’m really happy to see this grow however the community wills it. I confess to not be caught up in this Culture Project, so use this information as you see fit.

Chaos Dwarfs of Walhut were marooned from the greater chaos dwarf culture so long ago that vestiges of Hashut’s power (originally in the form of artifacts and long ago petrified daemonsmith/sorcerers) are very much dwindling. Eroded statues, broken or lost artifacts, etc

The Walhut worshippers might have shrines that contain relics of their past but they no longer understand their original intent. Over time the degradation of those relics and their power even became physical as later generations tried to revitalize them. Attempts to replace the precious relics were misinterpreted, the power convoluted, the symbology evolving into the only thing they truly worship, the walrus itself.

They still believe in a godly being presiding over their culture, watching over their valuable herd (huddle) of walruses. What was a tenuous grasp on Hashut morphed into an entirely different diety. A fragment of Hashut they breathed some life into through worship. In reality Walhut is quite minor in the grand scale, but in their culture, it’s all they know.

Inuits would be a good basis and perhaps even for naming. There’s retention in of the “k” which seems appropriate for CDs. I was also thinking very much like the Native American relationship with the bison, so do Walhut CDs revere and respect walruses, using every part of them for survival.

Tusk weapons, carvings and embellishments are universal and display the roots of craftsmanship known in CD culture, albeit in a different medium. Regarding armor, crude metal salvage or repurposing is present but not common. These are lost arts, over generations they learned to work with their readily available materials.

@chitzkoi can be credited for these bits of inspiration. I’ll let him speak to them.
Assiminik - Zealous
Piktaungitok - Evil
Tonraq - Spirit
Akluitoq - Wealthy
Karpok - Hungry

Blubber for the blubber god! Tusks for the tusk throne!
“In the name of the flipper, the whiskers and the holy tusk. Amen” - @Oxymandias
May the good blubber guide our way - adage of the Blubberborne
Walhut’s Bristly Beard!
The Hoary Sea Father Cometh!

3 Likes