Chaos Dwarf Renegade Culture Project

Amazing work on the timeline @Uther.the.unhinged

Suggestion: ass cannons become daemon cannons? I love ass cannons but I always struggle to think of them being called ass cannons in universe?

Perhaps consider when Thymbrim died? Final ally strangled by his own beard in his sleep! Haha

Also random but the mad engineer Oxy!!! This was news to me. My long lost ancestor confirmed!

1 Like

Few more updates to the time line re Thymbrin, the origin of chaos armour, counts as for blunderbusses and fireglaives. Addressed black powder issue I think. Dawi history does give a rough idea when it was discovered (after the war of the beard). Changed Hashutim to Hashuti for better Khazalid. The Duraki would use this term (a little derogatory) rather than Dawi Zharr.

Any Ideas or hints or mention of us renegades in other White Dwarfs let me know snd I will try to include/adjust the time line.

2 Likes

Someone seems to have had a go at doing a helm army book before.

1 Like

I have had a look at it. There is almost no fluff and minimal background. It is an army book for both hats and helms. Nothing as glorious and ambitious as we are planning

3 Likes

I think I better post elsewhere, I got to writing and donā€™t want to overrun this post

If we are doing this book we can do what we like right?

Now I am no expert but would this work in the time line for Walhut??

I have left names blank for those Walhuti to suggest

What do you think?

-800 The Renegade Port of Urbaz Varrdum is opened up on the sea of Chaos by the a clan worshipping the Princeling. Unable to expand against their more powerful neighbours they look to the sea for foreign dominions. The port is visited by curious Dawi Zharr (that the Duraki call Hashuti). Despite initial mutual distrust (and disdain) the advantages of trade are obvious. Marauder slaves and warp stone enhanced chaos armour for greenskins slaves and daemon bound weapons.

-750 Inspired by the DawiZharr ironclads The first Dreadbarges using warp stone engines are built.

-746 The concord of Uzukulak. The Duraki of Urbaz Varrdum are forced to accept Hashuti dominance of the sea of chaos. Outmatched by the ironclads they must sign the humiliating accords. Furthermore they are forbidden from raiding the old world other than Norsca to maintain Uzukulaks pre-eminence.

-746 to - 657 The Dreadbarges of Urbaz Varrdum are forced to explore the wider world risking the fleets of Ulthuan and Naggaroth.

-657 Bharti Kol (Black Bharti) the Duraki most successful pirate announces his plans to colonise a distant land (possibly Lustria, possibly the Southlands), probably hoping to escape Hashuti oversight. Fully a third of the population of Urbaz Varrdum agree to go. The Dawi Zharr hear of the plan and ā€˜offerā€™ to accompany Bharti fleet.

-651 The combined fleet sets sail. The Northern seas experience the greatest Warp Storm for a century and all contact with the fleet is lost.

-632 The port hold of Urbaz Varrdum is taken by a Hashuti fleet of Dawi Zharr due to its weakened state. There are desultory attempts to retake it but Uzukulak dominance of the sea prevents any siege and Hashuti artillery proves to effective to storm from a landward side. The practicalities of trade win out and trade via the port re-starts under Hashuti control. Of course the grudge is not forgotten. For centuries after the Port supports the fleets of Uzukulak and provides a point of contact and trade between the Duraki and Hashuti though mutual suspicion and disdain is common. Only a shared hatred of their southern cousins the Dawi Elgram (weak dwarfs) seems to prevent hostilities at times.

1517 A Hashuti fleet from Urbaz Varrdum disappears in the Sea of Chaos.

1519 A huge fleet of strange Dreadbarges appears at the port of Urbaz Varrdum. The strange chaos dwarfs crewing it announce they are the ā€˜lost Clan of Bharti Kol ā€˜The Blood Tusksā€™ and demand the surrender of the port. They claim that Bharti Kol was driven south to the inhospitable ice of the southern continent. Stranded among the ice there the clan nearly died out until they turned to Their new god ā€˜Walhutā€™. From him they learned to survive the ice and cold and later prospered through piracy. When a slow encroachment of the ice sheet began to block their port they decided to return ā€˜homeā€™. They demand again the surrender of the port. The Hashuti holding it refuse. The assault lasts a week. The new arrivals ride huge seal like Tusked beasts that swim under the massive chains blocking the harbour and assault the Hashuti there, whilst land forces of the ā€˜lost clanā€™ enter via long forgotten hidden passages to surprise the defenders. The Hashuti fight hard but are driven to the depths in a fighting retreat. After a week the leader of these invaders offers safe passage out for their Hashuti cousins in exchange for peace with Uzukulak and Zharr Naggrond. This is accepted and a truce is signed in the sight of ā€˜Hashutā€™ and the strangers new god ā€˜Walhutā€™.

1520 The Hashuti survivors are executed and the forces of Uzukulak assault the port hold of Urbaz Varrdum. The war lasts 30 years. The great Ironclads of Uzukulak, though more powerful than the smaller Dreadbarges, are outmanoeuvred by them. The sea craft of the followers of Walhut and the mobility of their great sea beasts continually frustrate the Uzukulak fleet. Attempts to blockade them by land also fail due to the difficult terrain preventing the technologically superior Hashuti from bringing their full force to bear. The followers of Walhut mount a frighteningly successful guerrilla war in the mountains seemingly unaffected by the cold that saps the strength of the Hashuti. Equally the followers of Walhut are unable to seriously damage the great Uzukulak fleet. Eventually an armed peace is agreed. The ā€˜Second Concord of Uzukulakā€™ grants Free access throughout the Sea of Chaos to the Hashuti. The Followers of Walhut are granted free access only to the West of their Urbaz Varrdum. Both fleets are allowed to raid the Old World.

5 Likes

Depending on how much we want to tie things in with the Dawi Zharr, the port couldā€™ve fallen to them; remember the DZā€™s principle port is Uzkulak in the north and I imagine theyā€™d see such a port as a rival for maritime activities. Maybe after the fleet was blown away, leaving the port vulnerable, the Iron Fleet captured it as a client kingdom, but only kept a token force there, which left it vulnerable to the Walhut worshipers that came back to reclaim it. The IF tried to retake it, but the Walhuti and the blessings of their sea god were enough to hold them off and the DZ decided that while they could eventually retake the port, the cost would be too high, so begrudgingly let it go.

1 Like

Oooh I like that better. Fits well. I could push the contact with the DZ back to 650. Other clans wonā€™t be bothered. It was set up as the weakest on purpose. Also allows easy point of contact and trade with the DZ for 800 years.

Do you guys like the concept/ method of working Walhut in. If so let me know and I will update the time line.

I could also do with some help on names (Khazalid is not my strong suit and Walhut not my baby so to speak). Also on the look out for names for the various gods other tha Walhut, so we would have xxxx the Princeling etc. Finally if someone wants to give a description of Walhut and his attributes then I can add that to the gods section.

Iā€™ll update the Walhut bit with the DZs now

1 Like

Walhut is completely homebrew, but something Iā€™ve come to enjoy immensely. It has a frozen northern aquatic vibe. Itā€™s also hilarious to make a walrus evil and deadly taking-a-deep-breath-short-film-showcase

I would love if walhut were incorporated into the timeline. My story names one [insert cool title here] named Longran Hooktooth. I was trying to play off Long John Silver.

Talk to @Reaver and @MichaelX for creation of the concept. They are the two popes of the faith (from what I know). They have been touched, deeply, by his flippery appendage.

Ok I really like this. Like a whole lot. Instead of everything happening in the North, where things are tending to get a bit crowded, the southern pole has been untouched. I def missed this the first time. Being high on painkillers has its downfalls.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to think of a pun for Davey Jones to suggest for this. Davey is easy - Davvi (double pun because it looks like Dawi) - but no idea for Jones; best Iā€™ve got is that Jones is derived from Johan which means ā€˜God is graciousā€™ according to Wikipedia, so something like ā€˜Walhutdalā€™ (dal is dwarfish for ā€˜goodā€™ acording to the Warhammer wiki, Walhutdal = Walhut is Good), but that sounds a bit too obscure/obtuse and not very punny. :man_shrugging:t2:

Excited to see the Walhut canon growing!

Here are some general thoughts on the nature of Walhut as I see it, mostly compiled from @MichaelX and other folks discussing on the discord. Consider these more as vague musings and inspiration as opposed to guidance. Iā€™m really happy to see this grow however the community wills it. I confess to not be caught up in this Culture Project, so use this information as you see fit.

Chaos Dwarfs of Walhut were marooned from the greater chaos dwarf culture so long ago that vestiges of Hashutā€™s power (originally in the form of artifacts and long ago petrified daemonsmith/sorcerers) are very much dwindling. Eroded statues, broken or lost artifacts, etc

The Walhut worshippers might have shrines that contain relics of their past but they no longer understand their original intent. Over time the degradation of those relics and their power even became physical as later generations tried to revitalize them. Attempts to replace the precious relics were misinterpreted, the power convoluted, the symbology evolving into the only thing they truly worship, the walrus itself.

They still believe in a godly being presiding over their culture, watching over their valuable herd (huddle) of walruses. What was a tenuous grasp on Hashut morphed into an entirely different diety. A fragment of Hashut they breathed some life into through worship. In reality Walhut is quite minor in the grand scale, but in their culture, itā€™s all they know.

Inuits would be a good basis and perhaps even for naming. Thereā€™s retention in of the ā€œkā€ which seems appropriate for CDs. I was also thinking very much like the Native American relationship with the bison, so do Walhut CDs revere and respect walruses, using every part of them for survival.

Tusk weapons, carvings and embellishments are universal and display the roots of craftsmanship known in CD culture, albeit in a different medium. Regarding armor, crude metal salvage or repurposing is present but not common. These are lost arts, over generations they learned to work with their readily available materials.

@chitzkoi can be credited for these bits of inspiration. Iā€™ll let him speak to them.
Assiminik - Zealous
Piktaungitok - Evil
Tonraq - Spirit
Akluitoq - Wealthy
Karpok - Hungry

Blubber for the blubber god! Tusks for the tusk throne!
ā€œIn the name of the flipper, the whiskers and the holy tusk. Amenā€ - @Oxymandias
May the good blubber guide our way - adage of the Blubberborne
Walhutā€™s Bristly Beard!
The Hoary Sea Father Cometh!

3 Likes

I absolutely love how a single wordplay joke created this ^^^ and keeps on giving!

Praise Walhut!

3 Likes

If we want the separation longer then they need to arrive back later

Possibly 1500 ic
This would give >2000 yrs allowing a dwarf generation to be 4x human then 20 generations

Also if we want a derivation from Hashut we could have a joint fleet set of for conquest (Duraki) and Raiding (DZ)

I put them South continent as just too busy up north for them not to be noticed then brought them back

1 Like

Some names suggested

Original Duraki who heads south=

Bharti Kol , Black Bart most successful pirate ever

Longan Hooktooth Returning Walhuti Admiral

The port= Urbaz Varrdum = trading post of Chaos sea

Southern Dawi=Dawi Elgram =weak dwarfs

Gods names??

The Master of War

Kazakorakir = cunning war dwarf

The Lord of Fury

Dammazgrimni= unyielding bitterness

The Watcher in the Datk

Dumdokir = Dark watcher

The Ruler

Grimrik =grim king

The Oligarch

Bolgaz=fat/wealthy

The Princeling

Branzulid=clever iron tongue

The Brute

Garazakir= fearsome crazed dwarf

The Survivor

Gazanrik=king of the wasteland

2 Likes

If you guys really are following through with this walhut stuff, im fully expecting to see walrus headed trolls or ogres or daemon prince conversions make its way into this army book. You got to go all in!

3 Likes

I have always thought a good GH would be Chaos dwarf Daemonsā€¦ then the Walhuti could go wild

2 Likes

You could always use a more Nordic similar name like Davvi Jorgensson

1 Like

oh the huge manatee!

2 Likes

If Walhut is a twisted shard of Hashut, Iā€™m not sure heā€™d have the power to manifest greater demons. Are there even greater demons of Hashut?

1 Like