Chaos Dwarfs Offline 2023

Hi everyone.

Chaos Dwarfs Offline 2022 was a huge success last easter for those of us who attended. We want to do it again.

Our current plan is to rent a large seafront AirBNB in England’s Southend-on-Sea. This is:

• A small town
  • With large, cheap Airbnb capacity (by standards of the region)
  • A nice beach
  • Its own small airport, very close to the town, well connected to Northern Europe CDOffliners (@Jasko , @MichaelX )
  • Local for CDO England members who reliably meet up (@Habitual_Lurker , @Oxymandias ) and can drive, bring terrain and invite local gaming friends

Planning in advance is the best way to plan. We have not chosen dates more than “May or Feb 2023” at this stage. Likely to be a long weekend, Thursday or Friday to Monday, hopefully taking advantage of local school holidays around that time.

If you think you can make it to Southend-on-Sea for a long weekend in May or Feb 2023, with a 1500 point army or willing to borrow one from an Englishman… raise your hand!

9 Likes

That would by so fun, but not realistic for me Im afraid… :confused:
Btw, did I miss the photos etc from the previous?

4 Likes

No we just have all been crazy busy in our different directions! Coming Soon ™

3 Likes

I will do my stinking best to get there!

3 Likes

Right. CDO offline 3 at Tjubs house everyone. Calling it now. Tjub you can’t fight it. Sweden is the spiritual home of CDO after all .

I swear I spent long enough lurking on the old forum that I started typing “jupp “ instead of “yup” haha

6 Likes

And yes I have some Essex boy reprobates with fake tan, big coiffs, boat shoes and no socks (joke for the Britons among us) that can come down and play some games/ lend scenery etc. We will have a decent supply of tables, scenery and opponents.

3 Likes

I actually think CDOff’s third leg probably should be in the nordics, if that group is up for it. It’s the third leg of the northern european stool.

4 Likes

That would be F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C @Loidrial let’s organize an Italian legion? Let’s conquer England :grin: :boom:

8 Likes

I’m really hoping I can make it this year! Unfortunately Easter is really close to some big family events, but I’ll keep everyone posted!

4 Likes

Would have to organise with my GF, but that shouldn’t be a big issue generally speaking
Maybe @Skink @Fabelzel and @KhamdrimSkyMaster could hop over as well xD :pizza: Italians rollout

7 Likes

I didn’t even dare to dream!! That would be a hell of a thing.

3 Likes

Ive had to change it from Easter to either May or February because in April I’ve got a… thing. That I can’t negotiate.

5 Likes

Hooray! So I’ll also def try my best to make it happen. Super generally speaking I guess may would be better than feb, but I think I’ll be able to make it happen either way. It’s so much fun, it’s well worth it :slight_smile:

Congrats … I guess? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

May could be doable for me

3 Likes

The possibility of my attendance is low, but the sliver of hope might be the motivation I need to continue painting. Which ruleset would be used this year?

3 Likes

That is an excellent question.

Working assumption is we would poll the group.

Most likely majority is:

• Tamurkhan
  • WAP 8th pdf for units not allowed in Tamurkhan
5 Likes

Haha this is a really good way to give me NO excuse for absence.

I’ll see if I can make it but travel might be a bit of a pain.

3 Likes

I know you’re joking, but genuinely if you don’t want to or don’t feel up to it, don’t feel pressured to opt in mate. It is authentically the best midpoint cos the airport is so well connected to NL which is convenient for Jasko and Michael, and the airbnb market is well covered with large properties, easy for Jac and alright for me. So it’s a no brainer.

1 Like

Wouldn’t miss it for the world.

I probably won’t bother to stay in the BnB though.

3 Likes

Legit. You’re officially dealer for the week tho. I think after last time we should all go in on it together. You can smoke Jasko under the table, we all owe him.

1 Like