Creating the gaming room of my dreams! (Hopefully)

@Sjoerdo - I’m installing an air vent on the far wall. I’m replacing the old window with a smaller window and air vent. Do you think this will help combat mould? That’s the last bloody thing I want haha

2 Likes

Really great seeing this progress! It looks great so far dude!

2 Likes

To quote a beloved poet “it’s gonna be great, it’s gonna be great, it’s gonna be greaaaat”

2 Likes

Hmm, yes I guess you should put isolation on the outside to keep the walls as hot as possible or non organic. So as the air cools and holds less water it doesn’t condense in the wall. You should hire @Admiral as a consultant since hes used to construction houses… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Admiral - Southern England would be quite a commute for a job I guess tho? Haha

1 Like

Should be quite allright, trick is to allow air to be able to circulate, if you have two openings that should create circulation.

2 Likes

I’ll bare this in mind I’m making one wall where the garage door is currently so I can make another opening there.

I dare to make a hole in any other wall that isn’t there already as the concrete slabs it’s made out of are likely to shatter if I go knocking bits off of them.

Really appreciate this advice @Sjoerdo :facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2:

just hope i can prevent the need of you having to wash down your entire gaming room with chloride, like i had to :frowning:

that stuff makes you dizy in a bad way :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ooooh. Good Luck.
Ranks up there with “The Wife, Kids and Job of your dreams”.

But I already have seen a bicycle in there!
The rot of “lets just store this in the garage” has begun

2 Likes

Have no fear it has been removed. :joy:

It’s in the shed. We’re quite lucky to have a decent sized shed and a loft so hopefully the “rot” doesn’t set in haha

2 Likes

Gaming room update. Roof cleared of moss and lichen. Also sprayed with stuff to stop it returning. Next step at the Weekend is to prime with a sealing solution and finally repaint with a waterproof paint.

Inside the second window and 1st vent is done. Also ceiling has begun!

3 Likes

Neat work, keep at it! You’re crafting a mighty hobby room here.

And yes, is any garage actually used as a garage? Aren’t they all storage facilities to a fault? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely- I’m literally covering up the garage door when I make the final wall haha. From the outside will appear as a garage but inside I’m hoping it’s gonna be much more like an actual room :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great update, good to see it coming along so nicely :+1:t2:

1 Like

My dads been working on the garage/gaming room project while I’ve been at work today. Apparently the dog has been less than helpful haha

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Are they ever anything else :grin: mine was so excited about going for a walk today she insisted on sitting on my feet whilst I was trying to put my shoes on thus delaying the very walk she was excited about :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

3 Likes

Mine nips at my hands as I’m tying my shoe laces

3 Likes

(harsh mechanical breathing)

“Impressive, most impressive…”

2 Likes

Some more progress! Walls are almost completely up now - insulation to start soon. A lot of the wiring is done too! Leaks on roof have basically stopped now apart from one stubborn place. We’ve put a load of sealant over and under the area and will painting the whole roof in waterproof paint this weekend (weather permitting) so hopefully that’s gonna be dealt with soon.

Sockets and switches going in^

And the last wall to be built has just about started

You’ll notice that the garage door is staying there. That’s on purpose. My garage is attached to a neighbours garage and we don’t want to do anything on the outside that might affect what the front of their house looks like. So we are just losing a tiny bit of space and building the wall behind it. The garage door will never be used again - will just be for show!

5 Likes

Really enjoying watching all this come together, keeping an eye out for the next update now

2 Likes