Dedleds Bar Ungol Vanguard, GoldenHat XXXVIII

Wow, those are incredible conversions from the Krieg artillery.
Fits in so perfectly with our stunties

1 Like

Don’t think so. They usually need a gray primer.

2 Likes

Not sure which scanning technology we are talking about here about but your average industrial laser scanner should have little problem with such matte colours. The black could be a bit more tricky but I have worked professionally with a lot worse situations (super glossy, semi-transparent materials). The more important question is what these scanning services use, though. But from what I’ve seen from a certain someone, the results are at least on par if not superior to what we used in the general automation industry. :wink:

@Dedled Great to see them all assembled. Cannot wait for the artillery!

2 Likes

The 2 rocket launchers are done, and just finished off the crew for the first one. I tried for a bit of an oldhammer face vibe for the shields on the artillery, theyre a bit rough but I like them.

I’ll try get the next 2 crew done over the weekend then batch paint them all next week. Looking forward to making a start on the Warrior unit, I have a few ideas for them.

Dedled

20 Likes

Wow, these are the best rocket mounts I have ever seen. Your skills with greenstuff are also exceptional.

What a great result, I would love to have these models for my army.

2 Likes

The face is awesome. Great skills.

2 Likes

@Bessron thanks heaps mate, I appreciate it, I can give a rundown of how I made them if you’re interested?

@Uther.the.unhinged thanks man, hopefully they paint up alright

I finished the next 2 crewmen, so its time to get painting again.

Dedled

12 Likes

Continues to be an incredible thread of incredible work, it’s great to see every update

3 Likes

Right??? These are so cool!

And he said this would be slow going… but he’s not…

3 Likes

Wow, your stuff gets even better! :hatoff:

3 Likes

I like to read through it, only Greenstuff and I are on an extreme war footing

3 Likes

Loving the scratch built war machines. Top class work. Are you just using standard greenstuff or do you monkey with it a little?

2 Likes

As with most things here on CDO, I’ve been lurking here and there, enjoying everything that people share (except for round bases and elfs, no love there)…but I wanted to just say how much I’ve been loving your work and creativity.
Very, very nice stuff here…quite a few years back I had those same resin cannons (can’t recall where they were from, Kromlech?), and I gave up on converting them because I just couldn’t come up with a good concept, but you’ve given them the super nice work that was beyond me.
I just love the WW2 Nebelwerfer multi barrel idea you did, so cool!
Anyways, great stuff and looking forward to seeing more
:+1:

4 Likes

@GhraskDragh thanks man, Ive always found blogging projects a massive motivator for me, way back in the days of Ogre Stronghold I was a mad blogger haha

@MichaelX thanks heaps, yer, Its about to slow down I think, Ive had a bit of time off work, so Ive been trying to make a big dent in the army

@tjub thanks! All you guys are massively talented so it means alot coming from you all

@Bessron I used to have the same issue, I could barely mix greenstuff consistently at the start, I found the way I got better was to just pick a random object or texture and have a go at sculpting it, 99% of the time it turns out horribly, but after time youll see a massive improvement in your skills :icon1:

@Archer thanks mate, Im happy how they came out, a little bit of old with a little bit of new. No, I almost never use a straight greenstuff mix anymore, I normally do a 2:1 or 3:1 mix of greenstuff and standard milliput, it gives a much less elastic consistently, then dries harder and easier to sand down.

@Fuggit_Khan thankyou very much mate, I really appreciate it, all you guys are a massive inspiration to my stuff.

I haven’t had the drive to paint this last week, so I’ve been on a bit of a converting frenzy.

Heres a few WIPs of my first 3 Warrior/Immortal trial conversions. Something about the scale of the Forgeworld CDs has always seemed a bit odd to me. So I cut off the feet, gave them a small extension, then moved the head further up the body and removed the shoulder armour. I think this fits more in with the traditional CD look as well as my lore, which is that these guys are subterranean scouts of a sort. Ill leave the skirt and the torso armour consistent across them all, but the sleeves, gloves, boots and hats will all be individual.

Heres a side by side with an OG one.

I’ll do up a step by step on how I scaled them up for the next ones.

Edit: thanks to @Admiral for the old scalemail tutorial on the forum.

Dedled

9 Likes

Man you are truly rocking them out!! So glad we found a new member like you!
:cd1990gif:
8==D

Dedled gif

6 Likes

What… the… fuck… @Loidrial :rofl:

3 Likes

@Loidrial :rofl: oh man, a full cock out Chorf pixel gif would be hilarious

2 Likes

Mighty fine work! I like your take on chaos dwarves best yet!

1 Like

Its funny to me that you are extending the legs as i do the opposite all…the…time. cutting out thighs and shins to make taller models fit with smaller ones. Mine are generally a slightly smaller scale though.

Your guys look a little bit russian to me. Really unique army you are producing. Great stuff

The Brazen Bastards 2000% need a nude berserker. It is known. @Dedled … prepare to be blackmailed.

4 Likes