Dedleds Bar Ungol Vanguard, GoldenHat XXXVIII

@Bessron no dramas, each step is a couple of glazes, building up the shadow in the logical areas.
All the colours are scale75, which have an awesome ultra matte finish.

Basecoat - Nacar
Randomly Spot glaze - Pale skin
Shade - Rainy grey
Shade - 50:50 Brown grey/gobi brown
Glaze Highlight - White

Then I do some glazes of Red leather on the lips, nose cheeks knuckles etc
And lastly some Black leather (dark purple) glazes in the the deep shadows.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible unfortunately

2 Likes

Ah all good, thanks anyway, Ill just edit the first post as I progress.

1 Like

Love what you’re doing here. Your anatomical sculpting is awe-inspiring, particularly regarding the motions conveyed in the miniatures’ poses. I wouldn’t even know where to start. Which is why my own dwarves, like @Admiral 's, shall remain chastely covered :tongue:

4 Likes

@Antenor thanks mate, I tried really hard to pose them naturally and it took a fair bit of cutting and slicing haha

So I finished up the repaint of the two existing berserkers and got 2 more done. I’m happy with the new skin tone, changes the whole feel of them I think.

Onto the last one for the unit now, in between working on my Golden hat entry.

Dedled

12 Likes

Very cool troupe. envy you a little bit for the boys.
Have fun with the entry for the golden hat, I’m already there too.

2 Likes

Whenever you read or hear a description like “He put on his hat and left the house” this is what you actually have to picture: A guy with just a hat, nothing else. Normal weekday day for a chaos dwarf berserk.

3 Likes

They are truly… err… lovely. Fantastic unit. Although I am a little worried about your GH entry. It’s not a berserker giantI am not sure my filters would allow that.

3 Likes

Last Berserker WIP

…now that is a hat

9 Likes

Is that staying as a hook hand!? Love it
:hat4: .
:head4: .

3 Likes

Hope he isnt right handed…could result in a painful accident!

3 Likes

@Reaver yer sure is, just trying to add a few extra things to make them all a bit more unique.

@Zoddtheimmortal hahaha yer, people think the hook is for combat, but its actually a grooming tool.

Last few details added, Ill give him an undercoat today and start painting up him and my GH entry, which I finished up the build on a couple of days ago. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has come up with.

This is by far my favourite style of big hat, its ridiculous.

Dedled

9 Likes

I am totally blown away by your modelling skills and your interpretation of the Berserkers and how you painted them.

I’m pretty sure your contribution will be a big hit at the GH.

2 Likes

Yup. That is a HAT! Fantastic

1 Like

@Bessron thanks very much mate, I appreciate it.

@Uther.the.unhinged thanks dude! My favourite part so far has been the hat designs.

I finished the last berserker, so Ill update the first post with some unit pics and lore. Normally in a project this is where I’d burn out and start something new, but I’m absolutely loving working on these guys. So onto a Deathshrieker next.

If anyone has any feedback on the lore, Im more than happy for any feedback, I have lots of ideas, but I’m not the greatest writer.

Dedled

13 Likes

And I also got a bunch of these to start the next unit, which will be warriors/immortals

9 Likes

I wish these got casted or scanned… I lovevthem so much.

3 Likes

The berserkers look really great, if only they would wear real cool stylish oldschool helmets! :wink:

2 Likes

@MichaelX thanks man, I might try making one up to cast when I’ve finished a bit more of my army. Can they still be scanned? I guess a bit of the detail might have been lost under the paint.

@Zanko Haha thanks mate, but Big hats 4 lyf

Started on the next addition to the army a couple of artillery pieces to back the berserkers up as they rush to their deaths. Bases off some Forgeworld Death Korps stuff with gubbins added.

These are still heavily WIP;

Dedled

12 Likes

And heres a quick WIP of the first 2 crewmen, next to standard one so you can see the scale changes a bit better.

Dedled

9 Likes