Deebo's Battle Against the Hordes of Grey! [BATG2021]

yeah :smiley: sorry mate!

1 Like

@MichaelX @Reaver I do not mind one little bit guys, some very handy information there that will help me in the uprising against the greys! :hatoff:
Heading home tomorrow, got my Dawi Zharr all packed back in the suitcase with even more colour on them than when I left, looking forward to finishing them off on my home turf and let it be a lesson to the other greys that even when I am away the fight shall continue!

On a side note it would appear my resin and IPA have arrived and my score is likely about to go to shit

3 Likes

Got home this afternoon after an epic 11 hour drive and found some packages containing some new arrivals…
Damaging to my score but an awesome addition to the collection!
Skaven plague monk, Sam from LOTR (missing from my showcase base), Chaos Dwarf Standard bearer to replace my damaged one and the ever elusive and very expensive Ass Cannon!

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 15
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Created: 0
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 2
Score: Negative 13

Still in the negatives for now but making some progress on those 11 RA mini’s and then onto the 14 for my feb - march pledge I should be getting ontop soon. My IPA for the 3D printer has not arrived so that’s a bit of a bonus. Looking to put a fair bit of time in over the weekend, wish me luck!

6 Likes

So there has been a bit of a blow out on my score, my birthday had alot to do with that as my wife got me a heap of Ogres for my latest and last army I will be collecting and I finally had a successful print that was not just a test print.

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 15
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Gifted: 25
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Created: 1
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 2
Score: Negative 39

6 Likes

Well I continue to slip further behind, the grey’s have launched an epic attack on me and left me reeling from the blow but I am sure my Dawi stubbornness will have an answer back very shortly! See how they like my batch (approx. 20 models) painting that’s coming along nicely with the addition of blows from Golden Hat & Emissary exchange !

Here is a picture from their frontal assault…
29 prints,
4 purchases (not inc the mortar itself)
1 GW replacement… One of my birthday Ogres got shipped without a head so they let me keep that and sent me a complete replacement Ogre.
1 Giant, a present from my friend which he kindly delivered already painted :smiley:

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 19
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Gifted: 27
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Created: 30
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 2+1
Score: Negative 75

I was also given this but I am not bloody counting it, I am going to class it as a board game and not part of my BATG which is out of hand enough!! lol

Oh last but not least my friend also gave me one of these for my birthday to help me BATG…

4 Likes

Good stuff! You are plowing through this mate

1 Like

Small example of the great benefits of a wet palette.

Gold added yesterday, still perfect.

Green added 2 weeks ago. After a little mixing and maybe a small bit of water, still usable

4 Likes

YESSSS DREADFLEET! I had a lot of fun painting at that scale.

1 Like

Oh do jealous of that Dreadfleet, some amazing minis but probably sensible not to count it, I’m not looking forward to the new Warhammer Quest for its impact on our BATG

2 Likes

Long time no update, the greys have been joining forces with the whites (printed models) and coordinating blitzkrieg attacks against me!

@MichaelX Yes I am loving the wet pallete it is making my paints last ALOT longer than they normally would and would say these things are a must to any Aussie painter living in the warmer parts.

@Reaver & @GhraskDragh Yes good old Dreadfleet, awesome old game, looking forward to playing it once again after I have finished renovating my Warhammer room which is in a period of looking like a bomb dropped in there while I replace old storage pieces of grob boki with nice new cupboards to better store my hoard… but yeah not counting them in my BATG and we can overlook the small detail that there are … ahem… ahh… elf ships… WHAT!? I DO NOT OWN ANY ELVES!!

Anyways… here is the last frontal assault I have endured from both sides…

3 Printed Treekin + 54 Tree things from 3 start collecting boxes - NONE ARE ELVES
& a Drycha - Who btw hates elves

Some more (30) zombies gifted from a friend cuz you know… Ya can never have enough zombies…

3 new rock trolls & 2 printed doomdivers (only 1 pictured)

Oh and because I had a handful of old 5th Ed. gors, a single 4th Ed minotaur and a 3D printer I decided to start a Beastmen army! So far, not all pictured here, I have printed 8 Minotaurs! I am doing different sizes to represent Special, Hero & Lord choices. I have not yet printed my hero size ones and I just not long ago purchase some gor, ungor and ungor raider stl’s so this shelf will be growing quickly!

So yeah I am getting assaulted on a grander scale then that panzy Archaon could ever dream of and my score has tanked big time lol

:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Purchased: 77
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Gifted: 57
:heavy_plus_sign: New Models Created: 43
:heavy_minus_sign: Models Painted: 4
Score: Negative 173

I really need to finish this room and get painting again.
Wish me luck, I need it… also any hobgoblin slaves you can spare, I promise to beat & whip them well.

5 Likes

Well… there’s always hoping for a better second half of the year :grin: but who would we be kidding.

Having a battle this Wednesday really pushed me to paint a lot of models but the year is still young and LKM keeps making goddamn beautiful models…

I have a printing backlog of 100 models or so… but as long as I don’t print my BATG is still good :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll try to paint what I have before printing new models.

2 Likes