Denelian5 - Chaos Dwarfs in the 9th age

Wow, what a BEAST he is! Is that model available anywhere outside the KS?
Giant looks ace as well… :slight_smile:

Don’t know if he’s available in retail or not… been waiting a year for his arrival^^

Thanks about the Giant, this pic don’t make him justice though (bad light etc.) But he’s getting there slowly.

2 Likes

So, I ended up changing the Cow skull into this:

I just recut it to look like a humanoid skull, I’ll probably sculpt on a curly beard there to make him a better fit with the rest of my army^^

8 Likes

The Kadim looks nice. The Giant too. I would love to see more of him.

2 Likes

Thanks!

You will see more of the Giant when I end up working on him rather than on other stuff :wink: I think I should probably make an army list to kind of settle into something akin to painting and modelling order :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently since I liked the sculpt I ended up changing something more ^^ Found this guy in my bits box and decided that I liked him better than the shield and that it was his time to shine:

Now final question for now… should I keep the halebard or give him plastic Nagash’s sword? Don’t know when I’d use it otherwise but I’m not sure it fits the estethic of the army well enough being a straight sword :s

4 Likes

Wow, that pretty impressive… Not at all that it did look bad before, but your transformation is top notch!

How big is he compared to a regular Bull Centaur?

4 Likes

I think that depends on what a “regular Bull Centaur” is to you :wink: I was never that fond of the Forge World guys as the size bloat seemed unnecessary to me and I really liked the 4th edition ones. I’ll give you the only comparison photo I can:

5 Likes

Im liking your colour scheme for th.e chaos dwarves behind the giant a lot. Get them finished,! Theyll turn out great : p

1 Like

Nice. Digging your conversions thus far. Not going to end well for that bloke he is holding.

1 Like

Big and beautiful! Torn between halberd and sword though. Probably sword for me but to be honest that is only because I love spikey things

1 Like

I reposed the halberd arm some more after the picture was taken and I feel quite happy as it is now, so I think I’ll stick to the halberd for now :slight_smile: But nothing’s final yet^^

Stunning work, man! Brilliant stuff.

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m doing some work on his base right now and then I’ll go back to sculpt some new details/symbols on the armor and do some joint filling.

1 Like

Great work on that skull! Also, you’re completely right about that guy that ended up in the place of the shield. One can tell from the look on his face that it’s just the chance he’s been waiting for during his stay in the bits box. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for all encouraging words! They do push me forward (albeit slowly, as that is my go to speed) and it’s always nice to hear good things about your work :slight_smile:

So… I got a hold of these guys for 50€ for the lot:

Screenshot_2020-07-05-11-11-02-1
Screenshot_2020-07-05-11-11-04-1
I was the only bidder on Swedish ebay (tradera.se) of at least 240 people who viewed it so I’m staring to think it was either over priced or the Swedish demand for old CDs are waay lower than I thought ^^

I was extra happy about the extra set of wheels for the Tenderiser :smiley:

9 Likes

I think you did very well

3 Likes

@xander, @tjub

I removed the spoiler brackets, happy browsing! :wink:

2 Likes

wow some great stuff in this thread! amazing work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man :slight_smile: Haven’t gotten much done this year though :stuck_out_tongue: I’d planned to go big on hobbying this year but so far that plan has failed epically :smiley:

Finally did some hobby work! :smiley: Finished mounting my weapon teams, let me know what you think ^^

And for some individual pics:

Thanks @Fuggit_Khan and @Admiral for a great bazooka team :smiley:

11 Likes