Emissary exchange poll

Umm… we are up to 7 with Xander joining in
and possibly more to come, I am not trying to rain on the parade but it might need a re-think

1 Like

well, yes but you wont do one for yourself i suppose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even still that’s 6 models to get painted up and ship around the world and hope that nothing happens to them. Getting one guy painted and sent out would be more do-able and comfortable in my opinion which I am not trying to force on you, just saying what I am thinking

2 Likes

Lol yeah, very true. Unless I keep one for myself… If only I had a resin printer…

well, i’m certainly open for suggestions @Deebo . I get it’s daunting, and i haven’t really though about if the logistics would work.

However, lets say we set the first due date on the end of march. i don’t mind starting, i can get 6, hell i can get 12 heroes painted by then. lets say i ship to @Oxymandias (since he lives the closest as far as i know). That will be AT LEAST 1 week, not taking into account covid, or the brexit, weater,… So probably more like 4 weeks or more. @Oxymandias would then do hiss stuf and ship to wherever, say another 2 - 4 weeks. thats an extra 1 or 2 months for participant 3. by the time the packet comes back round for its second pass… it’ll probably be 2022… :smiley:

now as i said, there is a risk of it getting lost, so i think tracked (possibly insured) shipping, all though more expensive is advisable.

now again, i have not looked at the logistics of it. I just think this could be an epic thing story wise, and i get some of those sweet sweet models.

shipping them all out individually will probably cost more then 1 big package 2 times. The risk would be smaller though.

If the idea is too complex/risky/… we can probably find a better one we all like!

I also have a small idea for a sort of participation medal. Nothing fancy but cool nonetheless. I’m a trained blacksmith (not my job though) :smiley: so it’ll be something along those lines. Not saying more though :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

pours honey on top of plastic crack
:honey_pot::arrow_heading_down: .
:hat3: .
:head1: .

1 Like

I think that’s a really great idea! One problem, however, could be the tax. If there are so many models in the package, then you might also have to pay taxes! I don’t know how strictly this is handled in the individual countries, but I wanted to at least mention it in advance.

Well… that is something to check… that would be a bummer.

I think it will be fine, but if more people join in the idea of one model for all will probably change to 1 model each, and only the log and medals get forwarded.

That’s would be the safer and cheaper option.

There is already a medal for this guys

I’m gonna say that secret Zhantas probably count towards this number too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not like the ones I’ll forge

1 Like

Oh sorry @MichaelX you mean like a physical medal :see_no_evil:

My bad haha

1 Like

Yes, gotta do something with that blacksmith degree…

3 Likes

@MichaelX consider me intrigued …

1 Like

“So do you consider yourself a fan of Chaos dwarfs?”…

yes, I have a substantial army all painted and have yet to lose to any elves

“Do you own a forge fed with the souls of demons to bend metal to your will?

… …

“I thought not”

4 Likes

I’m making medals… not something that will try to eat you… :wink:

4 Likes

I understand you’re probably obligated to say that otherwise it would be tricky to get through customs.

5 Likes

Haha… that made me laugh out loud. See how I write that in full? That’s to emphasize I really laughed out loud, not just lol’ed. (See i did it again)

:joy::joy:

4 Likes

I’ll take audible guffaw over internet proxy any day.

2 Likes