Emissary exchange poll

@MichaelX I had an idea to beat the taxes and postage for having too large of a parcel… not saying it is a good idea but an idea all the same…

What if you split it into 2 group circles? effectively halving the package size which would decrease postage cost, and taxes

1 Like

That could work, but I think the 1 model each version will probably work better and then all the risk is gone. The log and fluff could be backupped, or digitally sent in parallel.

There would only be 1 model in the package at a time and there should only be 1 round needed.

1 Like

Allright, up to 8 now.

1. @Xander
  2. @delgdeathaxe

Also, I made a prototype medal today. I’ll have to make 2 jigs to make then uniform and then just smash out however many I need.

4 Likes

Allright, time to start planning.

first things first…

1. I think the start date for this journey should be around the same time as the first edition of the brazen bulletin is released. It’s the birthday of the CDO discourse forum and it’s more then enough time for me to get everyting sorted… i hope.

2. Unless someone disagrees, I propose we each sent 1 model to the next person on the list. I like the idea of making one for each of you but that seems impractical for logistic reasons.

3. I have dediced to incorporate the medals i am forging into the story. A note will be added to each medal and added to the initial package.

4. I will include a printed version of the reason why this undertaking has started, my hero’s background, and a journal of events that happened on his journy to the first of you. This ways the receiver gets to have the first read!

5. When the package has arrived I will start a thread on here with that backstory and journal, for you all to read and as a digital backup.

6. I will add placeholders for each of you, to add your backstory and journal when your package arrives at the next in line.

7. I would like for you all to send me your addres, or at least your general location to try and figure out the shipping order. I assume some of us will have quite high shipping fees, so i am open to sum up the total shipping cost and divide it over each of us, seems only fair :slight_smile:

The participants so far are:

1. @MichaelX → Belgium
  2. @Zanko
  3. @Oxymandias
  4. @Deebo
  5. @Abecedar
  6. @Reaver
  7. @Xander
  8. @delgdeathaxe

I am making 10 medals, so there are 2/3 more places available (yes… this will be a limited undertaking :smiley: ).

4 Likes

Cheers, so I was unsure how exactly that would work for a while (or whether I could do that, to be more precise), but if I understand correctly that the exchange is now that I only send one painted emissary away, I would be in! (the prospect of having to paint multiple models with a deadline gave me night sweats)

3 Likes

Yes one model.

Basically:

• you get a package

• you open said package

• you take out your new model

• you read his story, his journal, …

• you take out the medal and note, read that

• you add your emissary, his backstory and some stuff he encountered on his travels to the package

• you post the package, with your model, backstory and journal and the rest of the medals, to the next person on the list

• somewhere in that proces the sender of the package gives me the stories he added which I will then put in their placeholder, after you received said package.

Simple right? :shock:

4 Likes

:skull1:.
:tower5:.
:tower6:.
:head:.

4 Likes

If it’s painting one model I’m in too :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Done.

Opinions on basing? I know no base or blank base was mentioned to allow for rebasing to the recipients system of choice. I think I have my model picked out and just wanted to know before starting.

2 Likes

Very good point raised here @Reaver

1 Like

I would not do bases, or if you really like your bases just supply them unglued.

3 Likes

Cool - no worries

1 Like

Sounds like a plan to me. Got a start on my mini-on-a-stick today.

3 Likes

Allright,

Update time!

At the moment these are the participants:

1. @MichaelX
  2. @Zanko
  3. @Oxymandias
  4. @Deebo
  5. @Abecedar
  6. @Reaver
  7. @Xander
  8. @delgdeathaxe
  9. @GhraskDragh

The medals (well, amulets now…) are done. Nothing fancy but i really like em. They are also numberd (1 to 10) and have a year stamp, adding to the exclusivity. :stuck_out_tongue: Im not telling more, even though i REALLY want to!

My model is about 60% done and i have part of his background done!

I have most of your adresses/locations. I see some USA/Canada, UK, Australia and EU in there. Do you guys want to share shipping costs between continents? I suppose we could do a splitwise or something to share shipping costs.

Prices are, at least for me, in these ranges
EU → 9 - 15 euro
UK → 12 - 25 euro
US / Canada / Australia → start at 23 euro and go up to insanity…

Since i am making very good progress on this project i am sure i will be able to send the initial package by the end of the month.

Let me know what you guys think!

1 Like

Is there still a sport for me?

Splitting up shipping costs would be fine for me. I live in Germany

There is one last spot left if you want it!

1 Like

Would love to!

3 Likes

Allright!

10 spots filled! That’s great!

3 Likes

Perhaps it could be arranged that one participant sends the parcels to each of the different countries? However, it is not clear to me ad hoc how this can best be managed. But I just wanted to mention it …