Fifty shapes of grey [BATG 2022]

:arrow_down: Painted models: 19
:arrow_right: Total count: -17

Very happy to report that I’ve painted the remaining Chaos Dwarf Warriors. This is the first unit of Chaos Dwarfs I’ve ever painted! It still sits only at the battle-ready stage, but I think the overall look of the unit is still OK.

Would you like to know more?

10 Likes

These look great!!!

2 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 14
:arrow_right: Total count: -31

Another close call at the end of a month, but with a tour de force I could finish my unit of 14 Blunderbusses to battle-ready standard.

9 Likes

After a month is before a month!
Got the first models for March done early.

:arrow_down: Painted models: 5
:arrow_right: Total count: -36

Painted 5 Bull Centaurs with Standard Bearer to battle-ready standard. Added rapid lavabases, which are barely more work.

3 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 3
:arrow_right: Total count: -39

Painted an Earthshaker and two Death Rocket Launchers to battle-ready standard. Regretted counting war machines as one model :sweat_smile: But it’s only right. I cannot field a single Crew Dwarf, so it’s not a separate model in my mind.

9 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 1
:arrow_right: Total count: -40

My Golden Hat XXXVIII entry

9 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 3
:arrow_right: Total count: -43

Chaos Dwarf Big Hat Heroes painted battle-ready+

I followed the same recipe I used for the troops and war machines, but did spend just a little more time on a first layer of highlights, mainly on the skin, the red highlight colour and the Sorcerer’s cloak. They are still far from done, but just that tad closer to tabletop standard to maybe stand out a little from the basic troops.

9 Likes

Looking good! Models and BATG score!

1 Like

Thanks! Only two models from the Big Hats to go before CDOffline, albeit big ones.
I would love to also get past -50 on the BATG by then, we’ll see. That Blood Bowl team looks very attractive… :smirk:

2 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 2
:arrow_right: Total count: -45

Chaos Dwarf Big Hat Lords painted battle-ready+

The Lords and their mounts got the same level of additional work as the Heroes. I’m especially happy with the Lammasu, and it also means my Big Hats are technically finished. I will try to get the bases of the infantry to match the lava style I adopted with the Bull Centaurs, and I want to quickly paint up very basic shields for the Warriors and characters.

Plus I’ve reached not only my primary goal of painting all my Big hats before CDOffline, I also painted 50 models by the end of March, which was my second goal. Only the thrice-cursed Imperium magazine is keeping my from the silver BATG-medal.

10 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 9
:arrow_right: Total count: -54

Another last minute progress here (this competition runs on UK time, right?) but I managed to paint 9 Squigs.

9 Likes

sigh

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 20
:arrow_right: Total count: -34

5 Likes

Stop! You need to be going down not up!

2 Likes

65cents per Hobgrot incl. shipping, Reaver. 65. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

:arrow_down: Painted models: 9
:arrow_right: Total count: -43

Another 9 Squigs for my Night Goblin Auxiliaries. Need to undo the Hobgrot-fueled BATG damage…

11 Likes

Gorgeous paintjob on those squigs mate!

2 Likes

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

1 Like

:arrow_down: Painted models: 12
:arrow_right: Total count: -55

Yet another end-of-the-month buzzer beater.

12 Squigs for my Squig Herdaz, finally canceling out the Hobgrot purchase - with one model extra to once again climb the silver platform! Eagle-eyed readers may notice Daemonsmith Rosi in the background taking a keen interest in one of the squigs, and the one with the perfect pose for it as well.

9 Likes

eBay messing with my BATG again :no_mouth:

:arrow_up: Additions to the pile: 2
:arrow_right: Total count: -53

But I always wanted to have these two, especially that iconic Boss. Need to rip away all that junk, though. And strip the paint, obviously

6 Likes

Yessss they’re so good

1 Like