Freakshow Refuses to Grow Old Gracefully (BATG 2022)

LET BATTLE COMMENCE!

Added to the mountain: 0
Painted: 0
Total: 0

4 Likes

Nothing to report for January, nothing bought, nothing painted (at least nothing that isn’t part of my GH entry).

1 Like

February has been much better for me hobby-wise. Finished my Golden Hat entry (which will be added to my March score) and knocked out a handful of Horus Heresy Dark Angels too.

:arrow_up: 1
:arrow_down: 4
:arrow_right: -3

4 Likes

Been something of a bumper month, painting-wise. Made some progress with my Horus Heresy Dark Angels:

Also found me some Ebay bargains and put together the start of a little Norse Dwarf warband;

I’ve also made a start on the secret Zhanta models the amazingly generous @chitzkoi sent me, so hopefully they should be done in time for next month.

:arrow_up: 11(+10) :arrow_down: 45 (+41) :arrow_right: -34 (-31)

This month’s progress in brackets.

5 Likes

The dark angels and Dwarfs look incredible!

3 Likes

Fantastic job on the Dark Angels! 1st (and therefore best) Legion :hatoff:

2 Likes

Failed miserably to paint the hobgoblins, having only finished one as a test piece. I have, however added 7 guys to my Norse Dwarf Raiding party, 5 Dark Angels to my tac squad, a few random Imperial dwarfs, a Grey Knight and an entire Blood Bowl Team including coach.

6 Likes

This Battle Against the Grey has really helped motivate me to plough into my backlog and, perhaps more importantly, I’ve found I only buy new models if I’m actually going to paint them. No more picking up a random box of space marines just because I’m bored!
Total so far:
:arrow_up: 29 (+18)
:arrow_down: 78 (+33)
:arrow_right: 49 (+15)

5 Likes

I had a birthday this weekend, and the missus got me this:

I was delighted, obviously and can’t wait to get some paint on them.
She then informed me that she’s spoken to the guys at my local model shop and pre-ordered the new Horus Heresy box that comes out next month. I love her dearly, but my BATG is going to take a 50 model hit in June!

9 Likes

Freakshow having some quality hobby time

10 Likes

I won’t lie, its been a terrible month for my grey pile o’ shame. The only painting i’ve done is work on my Golden Hat entry and i haven’t even got a single model finished.
Meanwhile the new Horus Heresy box has arrived in my negative pile, tipping the scales 54 models the wrong way.
Fortunately the summer holidays are just round the corner, so i should be able to make a healthy dent in the mountain.
Love working in a school.

3 Likes

So uhh… how did summer work out for you? Haha

5 Likes

I won’t lie, summer didn’t work out as i had hoped. The wife kept me busy all through the holidays and i ended up with no time to paint. Since then, however, i’ve been dragged back into playing a bit of 40k, so i’ve been painting up a load of Iron Warriors.

2 Likes

I like it when my wife keeps me busy too! :smiley:

c07bf41a894b06eaa7c11c87aaa9c0c8

4 Likes