Golden Hat XLI: Legendary Lords

@Zanko

Scroll down to section 7

3 Likes

Brian LXI: The Legend Declines To Continue

2 Likes

@Uther.the.unhinged utterly brilliant… the sorrow and survivor’s penance of selflessly selfish self sacrifice, the disclaimant disclaimers…

Literal laugh out loud hysterical. These GH contest threads are almost as interesting as the voting threads

And now back to “something different and new which I’ve never…” who am I kidding. Bob the Defenestrator will be glorious,… glorious I tell you…

…mumbles and scratches one possible name off the list… calculates odds that some will look at the finished model and have no idea what it is supposed to be…

3 Likes

I’ve just entered! Was a lot of fun coming up with a character, backstory, building and painting. Definitely the perfect way to kick start my “old world ready” army :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to share what I’ve done!

Best of luck everyone ! This should be a great comp!

9 Likes

My entry is constructed and undercoated. I’m not sure I can get him to 100%, but I’ll submit whatever I have done by the due date next week. I’m often annoyed by how some models are hard to paint, but I made this guy myself and he is a real pain.

5 Likes

Don’t strain yourself!

The due date is June the 15th 2023

2 Likes

You’re still doing better than me; I’m still at the tinkering away in Meshmixer stage. :laughing:

1 Like

A possible entry is ready, but I still doubt its chances of winning … :thinking:

Let’s see if I can think of something else! :smiley:

4 Likes

I look forward to see what you all come up with. I’ll have to miss out on this one despite its glorious and alluring theme. Best of luck!

3 Likes

I’m considering to go maximally unambitious this time, or else I see myself looking in a month at a fancy monster-riding conversion… half-built and unpainted.
(I’d have to order and wait for parts in the first place, which would probb. not even arrive in time.)

4 Likes

Too bad you can’t join us! I hope you continue to get better and better and I wish you only the best! :hatoff:

2 Likes

Since your half-painted models look much better than mine, I wouldn’t worry about that! :beer: Either way, I look forward to your entry!

3 Likes

My half-built and unpainted models surely look worse painted than your half-painted. :wink:
(Honestly, I wouldn’t know, because we both don’t have decent photo equipment.)

(Half-painted was what I entered the Musician GH with… after leaving the rest of the squad in various stages of partly built on the way to have at least something paintable to enter with.)

4 Likes

I have been told in the past to enter even if half painted. I think do what you can to get there and enter what you have got. Still waiting on my ordered parts. Didn’t quite have everything I needed already this time. Still contemplating some elements. I still have 4-5 weeks before I’ll get started (kidding, sort of). I really do need to start earlier this time.

3 Likes

I did one then I thought of another one so I will do the other one and not that one, but I may still do that one.

Night night!

3 Likes

I’ve painted mine to the stage of looking tabletop ready for a troop model, but that would never win awards (not that I expect to win in any case, it’s the fun of taking part). Now to the next stage, hopefully my hand injury stays subdued to get some nice detail and effects on there.

5 Likes

I misremembered the submission date as 15th May, so i guess i didn’t need to rush as much as i did. Got my entry in.

9 Likes

I’m all ready to enter folks. Still plenty of time on the clock! Very excited to see what everyone’s been working on.

:batg4:

6 Likes

Mine’s in! First chorf I’ve actually painted and I’m looking forward to seeing it mixed in amongst everyone else’s entries.

To those going for prizes, good luck! And to the generous sponsors we have, thank you!

5 Likes

Ordering some stuff for the me entry tomorrow and trying to get printer working for addition bits…

4 Likes