Golden Hat XXXIV - Winners!

“Cut their rigging!”

Warcolours & @Zanko Presents: The winners of the 34th Golden Hat competition!

We had a stellar turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from salty sailors and fleets to maverick creations to lash the seas with terror. It was delightful to see all these weird and wonderful Chaos Dwarf creations!

And the winners are:

3 TIE

3 TIE

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #2 - @Reaver
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #12 - @Jackswift
3rd Place TIE - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #9 - @WillLiam
3rd Place TIE - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #3 - @Grimstonefire

And an honourable mention @Hashoooot , who trailed bronze closely.

The entry key!

01 - @Hashoooot
02 - @Reaver
03 - @Grimstonefire
04 - @tjub
05 - @Abecedar
06 - @Zanko
07 - @Antenor
08 - @Oxymandias
09 - @WillLiam
10 - Alaric Cantonain
11 - @IronHaiden
12 - @Jackswift

Medals will eventually come! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

First off, @Reaver with his hatsquid and clockdwarf will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of Poison:

For his mechanical Kraken, @Jackswift gets a multipart Centaur kit from Clam’s Ewal Dvergar, courtesy of @Zanko :

While both @WillLiam and @Grimstonefire claims a kit of 15mm Tjubgob Command Set #1 from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

And finally, @IronHaiden win the random draw prize of an Ewal painter from Claim’s miniatures, courtesy of @Zanko:

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Zanko and Warcolours for their generous prize donations!

And that’s it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs. :wink:

Next up, Artisan’s Contest!

The Staff

8 Likes

Outstanding! Well deserved guys and well done to everyone who entered. Some really inspiring stuff!

(In fact I’m working on something for my army right now which is directly stolen…I mean inspired…by some of what I saw in this competition) :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Highly inspiring entries for sure. :slight_smile:

Quick note that I’ll be gone over the weekend at least, but will respond to all correspondence and send out prizes whenever I get back home next week.

2 Likes

Worthy victories. Congratulations to the winners!

2 Likes

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved! :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Wow I didn’t think I would have made a place in this comp because of so many cool entries - was worried my Hellcannon And crew might have looked a bit too much like “the little mermaid” with the starfish and all - Thanks for the votes and congrats to the winners :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations to the winners, and well done to all the entrants. Unbelievably high standard and very hard to pick a favourite.

3 Likes

Well done to the winners. What a fantastic group of entries they all were.

Don’t worry Will Liam the starfish were cool. I loved them and Grimstonefires whole Dave Jones vibe, awesome.

2 Likes

Congrats amd well done! Another superb contest. :blush:

2 Likes

Well done everyone - very deserving winners

2 Likes

Truly so many deserving entries. Hope to see these up in blogs and maybe some WIPs. Thanks for the votes and congrats to the other winners! (A very tentacly bunch I might add)

And plentiful inspiration for sure. @Jackswift already has me raiding my LEGO bin for tentacles🦑 and claws🦀

5 Likes

Congrats all, amazing stuff!

1 Like

Congrat’s to the Winners! An incredible field on this one, so very well done to Reaver (who says occularly enhanced Octopi cannot fit in with a Chaos Dwarf army), WillLiam (the diorama was hilarious and beautifully realized, including the giant clownfish), and Grimstonefire (stunning sculpt work on the entire model, love the bat winged parrot)! All three of of your entries came out on top for me, stellar work, lovely sculpts and attention to detail, and beautifully executed. :+1: :+1: :clap:

Also, very excited to add Clam’s centaur to my army… means I will need to start a unit of bull centaurs, or perhaps he will become crew for my Skullcracker/Tenderizer… hmm!

Highly recommended. Lego’s are an amazing source for conversion bits. Especially the bionicle pieces. :grin:

4 Likes

That’s why the tentacles looked familiar! :smiley:

3 Likes

** scrambles to basement to tear into some Bionicle canisters **

3 Likes

The model with his nose sticking out of the diving helmet… absolutely brilliant. Well done!

5 Likes

Thanks for the votes, dear friends! Even my humble gobbos seem to have fared pretty well (seeing as how one price trickled down to them), though no match for the outstanding winning entries!

2 Likes

Congrats to everyone who entered, really an amazing variety of entries, all worthy of votes.
My favorite was @Hashoooot gobbo’s, whimsical and fun always gets my attention, and this old Hobgoblin loves to see fellow greenskins.
Only one of my votes got a medal though…sneaky gits!

4 Likes

Congrats to everybody, exemplary work

2 Likes

Back home. Answering PMs and sending out prizes today.

1 Like