Golden Hat XXXIX - Winners!

“Load the pyre!”

Warcolours & chitzkoi Presents: The winners of the 39th Golden Hat competition!

We had a stellar turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from cyborg monstrosities and Boar Centaurs to Wheel Centaurs and Hobgoblin Centaurs. It was mighty fine to see all these weird and wonderful Chaos Dwarf creations!

And the winners are:

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #14 - @Loidrial
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #8 - @Bessron
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #12 - @Antenor

Trailed closely by @Dwarf_of_Dark_Renown , @Zoddtheimmortal , @MichaelX and @rollforwounds !

The entry key!

01 - @Dwarf_of_Dark_Renown
02 - @Shef
03 - @MichaelX
04 - @Zanko
05 - @Zoddtheimmortal
06 - @steamblood
07 - @rollforwounds
08 - @Bessron
09 - @Freakshow668
10 - @Abecedar
11 - @KhamdrimSkyMaster
12 - @Antenor
13 - @Uther.the.unhinged
14 - @Loidrial
15 - @Oxymandias

Medals will eventually come! Should you have earned a new Veteran’s Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan’s Contest competitions on both old and new CDO (note: Scribe’s Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe’s Medal).

And now for the prizes!

First off, @Loidrial and his golden centaur will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of @warcolours :

For his Bull Centaur regiment, @Bessron wins an unpainted kit of 10 Russian Alternative Goblin Sharpshooters with a kit of 3 Goblin Command Group miniatures from @chitzkoi :

While @Antenor will gain part of an unpainted kit of Ewal Dvergar Boar Knight Command, donated by @Zanko :

On to random draw prizes!

@Shef will receive an unpainted kit of Tjubbutaur Herd from @Tjub:

While @Abecedar will carry home a kit of Tjubling Command Set #1 from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

A big “thanks” to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Warcolours, @chitzkoi and @Zanko for their generous prize donations!

And that’s it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let’s see the participants’ entries in the blogs. :wink:

Next up, Artisan’s Contest!

The Staff

17 Likes

Badges have been awarded. If You’re owed a veteran badge, let me know.

Well done all!

8 Likes

Excellent result, congratulations to all three of you, worthy winners of a very competitive competition.

7 Likes

Mind blowing work everyone, congrats to the winners!

7 Likes

Very nice work by everyone! Everyone deserves recognition!

7 Likes

Great work to everyone. I voted for two of the three winners so definitely well-deserved.

7 Likes

Woohoo! We’ll done everyone who got submissions in, and congratulations to the winners!

7 Likes

Ahhahah oh shit oh shit OH SHIT!! How’s possible 1st place?? XD
Man I didn’t see that coming!
I’m so happy for Bessron and his entry! My fav among all the entries
But even more for the Napoleonic beauty made by Antenor!! That beast was an amazing piece of originality!

Thank you all for the votes, I didn’t bribe anyone, unlike Italians usually do, so I’m even more surprised and happy!

Everyone here rock, there were so many great entries!
Can’t wait to see the next contest!!

12 Likes

I am happy, proud, and surprised that my entry made it into the top three amongst this kind of competition! The entries were marvellous, and picking only three was tough indeed. Well done, all participants, and many thanks to everyone who voted for my evil little hussaur. :hatoff:

12 Likes

Well done everybody! Such an amazing set of entries and three knockout winners to boot. Great to match who did what. Already excited for Golden Hat XXXXX. Whatever will the theme be…

9 Likes

Congratulations to the winners! :hatoff:

I must admit that the model of @Antenor was and is my personal favorite! Very ingenious and I really like the completely “new” / different design! :beer:

8 Likes

Congratulations to the winners! Well done!

7 Likes

Beautiful entries. Well earned!

6 Likes

Wicked lot of paint jobs that bring these little guys to life well done everyone and congrats to the winners

7 Likes

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved.

6 Likes

Arseblasters 2 steampunk boogaloo?
2 Dwarfs One Butt?
Pirates of Chaos: Dead men digested?
Hairy Squatter and the chamber pot of secrets?

4 Likes

I feel like squatting 40k jac s shed edition

3 Likes

Wait for Easter 2023 CDOffline, and come fly to England to see us!

4 Likes

Congrats, great entries! Yellow is a hard color… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Prize winners, please allow for some extra waiting time before I respond. Got sick. Will trawl through it when I have more energy. Same goes for next comp. Have a nice day!

6 Likes