Golden Hat XXXVI: Chaos Siege Giant

“Jump to it!”

Warcolours Presents: The 36th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! The gold winner will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of @warcolours :

The silver winner will receive a kit of Fyreslayer Magmic Invocations from @Oxymandias :

While one lucky random participant will carry home a kit of 4 Tjubling Skull Masks from @Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

Subject Matter: Chaos Siege Giant!

For this contest we want you to enter with one or more Chaos Siege Giants, Twisted Duardin Gargants, Chaos Dwarf Slave Giants or any other manner of giants with a connection to Chaos Dwarfs you can think of, however you imagine them to be.

The scope is wide and free: Arm them any way you like, and feel free to build dioramas; pit them against enemies; depict riotous giants stomping Chaos Dwarfs; yelling and bawling; throwing foes; smashing into enemy regiments; or have them accompanied by smallfolk infantry and warmachines. If you wish your giant to be attended by a skirmish screen of Hobgoblin outriders or carrying platforms with blunderbusses and artillery on their shoulders, then go for it. You can enter with a single Chaos Siege Giant, or several.

Feel free to go to town with all manner of terrain to truly build up a scene. Make your giant a mechanical monstrosity, some kind of non-humanoid beast, djinn or Daemon if you feel like it. Keep it as simple or as complicated as you like. Let your imagination run wild!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact @Admiral and he’ll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion. You may include plinths and display bases if you want. You may include fancy backgrounds. We want to encourage the creation of beautiful models and modelling scenes, not hamper it.

Specifics
Subject: Chaos Siege Giants
Bases: Up to your discretion.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM April 17th, 2021 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent either to the @GoldenHat account and/or to chaosdwarfsonline ( at ) gmail.com no later than the due date. (Entrants have approximately 8 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact @Admiral . In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur or with this forum’s direct upload function. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to @GoldenHat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:

• Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place at the top in the vaunted Golden Hat Gallery.
  • Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.
  • Win paints and miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM @Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

The Staff

6 Likes

Exciting!!!

1 Like

Awesome! :chaos4:

Are proxies also possible?

2 Likes

Yes, proxies are possible. Want a dragon instead of a giant? Sure! A mechanical titan instead of a gargant? Absolutely! Eight intertwined Chaos Spawns whirling about in the air around a warp portal? Welcome aboard! Go wild and surprise us with whatever you fancy.

At the end of the day we let the voters decide how fitting something is for a theme. Better allow too much than too little. :smile:

3 Likes

Very nice, then I’m definitely in! :+1:

2 Likes

I really really want to join this competition, it will depend of how quickly the emissary exchange is sorted. :wink:

2 Likes

I do not own any larger models so have fun you all and good luck guys!

Start Warmaster, that way you can use a 28mm human as a giant. :wink:

7 Likes

@Lord_of_Uzkulak: You cheapskate! That’s ingenious! :tonguewink:

I really like your use of converted 28mm Orcs for 15mm Ogres.

@Loidrial : No chance to see your art translated into a model, then? It would look cool. :smile:

3 Likes

Ofc it s possibile! But not from me lol
I have no clue how to 3d print. Would be really cool but that is a long time learning skill.
If someone know how to do it, please be my guest!

2 Likes

Okidoki, game on… Lets actually try to enter something this time. :grimacing:

3 Likes

As ever this has got the inner workings turning over with ideas :skull1:

35 Golden Hats and not entered one yet, got to be some kind of record though maybe not one I want :grin::man_shrugging:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

The thing I’m gonna try to achieve with this project is a giant that I can use in basically any of my armies. That’s the cool thing about giants they are the classic slave or mercenary sorta creature so can be very useful to own.

Next question: use what I’ve already got or spend some money? Haha

2 Likes

Also just thinking out loud - I’ve got a mordheim campaign coming up. A special Scenario with a rampaging giant is too tempting not to do!!!

3 Likes

The giant. The classic unit that can be included in nearly every army and yet noone takes him more than once when they realise the rules written in warhammer are so dated and inadequate for such a beast.
A giant should be able to kick the arse out of anything smaller than them which is nearly everything. Prob needs 10w and s7 t7 in 8th edition and the ability to kill a bit more.

Ive got the dettol out in earnest and hope to enter something decent

3 Likes

You say that, but stomping on the first spear/pike block would be like stepping on Lego for him. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah, surely feeble foot flesh yield before dangerous Danish Lego bricks do? :smiley:

3 Likes

Lots of inspiration from the Artisans! Looking forward to how this pans out. I’ve got my more traditional siege giant so maybe something completely different!

(A giant with a tape recorder shoved up his nose?)

5 Likes

Get a toy from K-Mart and build one, something goofy preferably so it won’t clash with my serious efforts

3 Likes

Very exciting, I am going to have a crack :grinning:

1 Like