Grim Dark Chaos Dwarfs

Cheers guys and thanks @Hashoooot ! Long time no see :+1:t2::vulcan_salute:t2:

With 3.0 out now and looking like loads of fun as well as the OnePageRules game I’m also writing up a List for AoS with the Cities of Sigmar book (thanks to those that recommended it, it’s been game changer!)
I’m really enjoying finding different ways to incorporate the Chaos Dwarf minis, though it’s a little tricky to get the correct base sizes, and I’ve managed to write up to. 2000pt list without having to buy anything new…a huge victory for the Battle Against the Grey :grin:
So after a couple of different interpretations this is where I’m at right right now below, with further changes coming in the future I’m sure.

With Cities of Sigmar you can choose to have you army from different Cities that give you different buffs and play styles. It’s a bit in the nose but I’ve gone for City of Hallowheart based in Aqshy and has very Chaos Dwarf sounds traits and Artefacts.
I’m by no means a rules guy so any help advice is welcome though as always I play for fun rather than competitive or tournaments

So there’s a couple of lists I’ve got, from 600pts for Path to Glory to 1000/2000 for matched play too;

Warden King - Castellan
Dark Elf Sorcereress - Sorcerer
Iron breakers - Warriors
Dark Elf Dreadspears - Hobgoblins

Veteran of the Blazing Crusade gives immune to Battle shock for 18" and Pauldrons of living flame five D3 mortals in 3" at the end of the combat phase. Very Chaos Dwarfy as are the spells Sear wounds to heal D6 and Warding Brand that when cast on a unit and wounds done to them on a 4+ deal a mortal wound back :cd1991gif:

Then onto 1000pts

Stormcast Concussors - Bull Centaurs
Steam Tank - Iron Demon
(Same spells and Artifacts)

And finally 2000pts

RuneLord - Demonsmith
Battlemagenon Griffon - Sorcerer on Great Taurus
Lord Castellan - Taur’ruk
Irondrakes - Fireglaves

All of which is my first attempts with a new book and new ruleset so as I said please let me know if you see anything incorrect. As I mentioned the most exciting thing for me about all of the above is no extra purchases :tada::tada::tada:
I haven’t really looked into the new Core Battalions yet and if it’s worth adding some in and the benefits they get

3 Likes