Grim Dark Chaos Dwarfs

The red warpaint on the hobgrots was a super nice touch, it immediately grabbed my attention (and respect) for a simple but extremely effective touch of balancing colors.
Loved the guy with the red arrow on top of his head, pointing the way. At least that’s what it looks like to my old eyes.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the kind words guys.

@Uther.the.unhinged those shackles are such cool minis and I love the idea too. I thought it was fun to include something in a list that would slow down movement and such as a nod to the old Earthsaker rules that halved movement

@MichaelX @Fuggit_Khan that’s exactly what I was going for is a more menacing feel to those guys with the warpaint, everyone having the right hand covered hinting at some kind of ritual from that particular clan

@Oxymandias yes man it’s great to finally enter one, especially with all these archived posts coming up it’s making me realise the veteran medal I could be in if I was ever able to complete something to enter, even with this one it was a coincidence I was painting those to play a game and though f’ it I’ll put these in :man_shrugging:t2::grin:
Looking forward to next Artisans now, I’ve got my eye on those Veteran medals :wink::grin:

Some of the old collection is on here too on the old blog, a lot of the classic minis, most of them now passed on…
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/archive-ghrask-draghs-army-blog/5077

2 Likes

Played more AoS, this time ran them as Chaos Dwarfs at 1000pts rather than Cities, was hampered somewhat by the fact that I painted all these minis for a different game system all together but they still held their own…

…again loved 3.0 and really enjoyed playing.

The Iron Demon completely misfired first turn, ended up doing more damage to itself than it did then enemy, but made up for it on the second turn earning me the battle tactic for that turn. Was funny in retrospect :cd1991gif:

K’Daai were great at holding up the Kruleboyz general in the back corner for 2 turns

Could of done a lot more I think with the Bull Centaurs, I misread some of the terrain we had and if I could back would charge then in sooner, instead they ended up tanking an objective for way longer than they had any right to

Kruleboyz are a great army and the mix of Warchanter doubling damage on the Gore Gruntaz was devestating and of course the mortal wound output on the new boyz was great again.

We were ahead on points for the first 3 turns until turn 4 where the inevitable damage from the new Kruleboyz book took it tole and ended up with my Demonsmith making his last stand

Loved the game and looking forward to running them more as Chaos Dwarfs in the future, but this time with a list written for this game system :man_facepalming:t2::grin: got to have the Taur’ruk in there running about and thinking about what else to include.

As for our Path to Glory I’m not sure I’ll go with Chaos Dwarfs for that, I’ve expanded out my Chaos Dwarf collection to include some taller friends

Yes I’m thinking Astrogoth hasn’t just got the Dwarfs running about under his spell, thinking they live in splendor whilst in reality they linger is disrepute, he may have some Choas Warriors under his spell too.

So I’m torn at the moment to either apply the same bone white, rusted horrible scheme to these guys too, or just use them as a normal Slave’s to Darkness army painted in the colours of the Sons of Horus? :thinking:

Any thoughts?

8 Likes

hmm, the white is very cool… Sons of Horus too, but i’d vote white.

2 Likes

Cheers @MichaelX I couldn’t help but try the new scheme out and I may have convinced myself it’s the way to go

I think I really wanted to call my General Aximand…mini Archaon and it may have sealed the deal :cd1991gif:

Agreed! Ive seen your post on discord… it is perfect! Also… Discourse is telling me to PM you instead :tired_face:

1 Like

Well this guy was fun.

So many times through the build up to Golden Hat I had idea for my actual army, they always fell apart or I just couldn’t get motivated for it (as has happened so many times over the years for me and Golden Hat) as I was all the way into the Star Wars minis at the time. Also I’m sure any LoA Dwarfs plastered on white armour may have given the game away :cd1991gif: I hope I may have made it hard for some to pick out which one would have been mine

I did still want to get involved though even it was just to enter and be part of this community, so this was done the day before entries were due…daft I know but really proud of what I did in one afternoon. It was just a case of picking my favourite Chaos Dwarf mini ever and getting some paint on it.

When I started seeing the high quality and work people had put into their entries this was rightly over shadowed, the Chaos Knight conversion I was thinking of would have sat more proudly amount such incredible entries. Although I’m happy I’ve entered and taken another step towards an overdue veteran medal you amazing hobbyists have shown me if I’m wanting to enter the next one I’ve got to step up the game…thank you for that amazing peeps :hatoff:

12 Likes

He looks great!

Im glad you revisited your old helm dwarfs. I only found out you did them through the archived old blog. Bring them back into fashion!

Helms forever!

3 Likes

:cd1980: once a helm always a helm eh :cd1980:

:cd1991gif:

6 Likes

I love these old fellas, awesome that you choosed such a cool mini! Love your paint scheme too! :metal:

3 Likes

So happy you entered Ghrask. One step towards the veteran. And yeah you’re right, didn’t recognise this as yours! A very cool model, great entry

2 Likes

Wicked cool, I never thought you painted that dwarf. He looks good.

2 Likes

@Oxymandias @Bessron mwhahaha it worked a treat then :cd1991gif: cheers guys :+1:t2:

@Zanko thanks buddy, went a bit more Bowie than I was expecting but I’m ok with that :grin:

3 Likes

Im closer everyday to this conclusion, I’ll bend at Helm will at some point too!

5 Likes