Halgar Hellgaze's Doomseekers [2022-08-09] GH XXXIX

Yeah… it will be tricky to get them to line up right.

About selling models. I think a one off for a friend won’t really be a problem, but I don’t have a merchant tier for those patreons, so selling is technically the same as selling recasts of in production models.

I know there are several merchant tier patreons for lost kingdom (and others) that you can find trough different facebook groups and patreons that can do just that.

2 Likes

Parts that are missing would probably not be a big issue though, so if you need/want tails… let me know.

1 Like

What an awesome project! An impressive display of what 3D printing can do for the hobby. Great painting, too (what you consider “well done enough to share” I would, for myself, more readily classify as “hobby goals” :smile:). I especially love the Hobgoblin hero with the huge axe - when I looked at him, “Behold the Lord High Executioner” immediately started playing in my head :grin:

2 Likes

Looking awesome! I too am hoping to print myself a lost kingdom chaos dwarf army soon - my question is did you have to scale any of the models down? A lot of reports saying they are slightly oversize

Thank you! I didn’t but some seem a bit large-isch to be fair.

Allright, so after 2 very busy and long months with lots of work stuff, a few weeks of flue passing between me, my wife and kids and other random time consuming, mostly unpleasant stuff things are getting back to normal.

That means I am trying to start painting on a regular pace again. I just continued where I left it a few weeks ago.

Today I got the base color done for the skin and hair.

4 Likes

Batch painting a lot there :laughing: im a much more messier painter than you. I would throw all the armour and weapons colours on 1st before the face stuff, id wreck it going as fast as i can slapping major colours about. Im sure they will look great soon

Looking at those models, they could nearly pass for chaos squats too. Pretty nice

I like to do 1 or 2 big batches (10 -50 models depending on model complexity) and then do a character or big model.

I like doing both but when I’m painting I always start very motivated and slap on a lot of the base colors, then get a little less motivated to do all the small details that seem to take twice as long as the base colors, even though they are 1/4 the surface. Then when I get to through that I get a huge boost and finish all in 1 go, including bases.

After I finish a unit or model I often don’t like to start over with another big block of white models so I take a single model.

About the neatness… well I don’t feel like painting white over something before painting it so it saves time to be carefull.

I try to do the deepest most recessed parts first, again to make my life easier :grin:

4 Likes

Another wip update.

3 Likes

I’m the opposite.

Details I love. Base colours bore me haha.

Think…If we combined forces what we could achieve :scream::scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

I just get the fear factor nearly everytime the base colours are on and ive fecked it up!. The only bit i enjoy about painting is doing the sides of the bases putting grass on and putting the model in the display cabinet!

2 Likes

Haha that would be epic (but boring :stuck_out_tongue: after a while i guess.)

What motivates me is the speed of the base colours, not so much the process itself. I can slap on base colours very fast, and the models already start to look great. But the devil (and time) is in the details!

I can spend 2 or 3 days adding lots of colour to 30 models, but then i have to spend 4 to 6 days painting all these small bits and bobs. The change from primer to base colour is huge, but from base colour to finished is very subtle. Its makes or breaks the model but I just don’t see the progress.

1 Like

this post is pure gold.
i mean, pure resin, but gold.
but resin

4 Likes

Oh @Zoddtheimmortal, i make sooooo many mistakes while painting. For me it doesn’t matter all too much since my models are all armies i want to play, not display models. If you look at my models one by one you’ll see many mistakes on each and every model. But as a unit or even better, as an army it looks great!

I have more then 1k models to paint at this time. If i spend 30 minutes each i still have 500 hours to go… And there are MANY characters and war machines that take way more then 30 minutes. I paint about 3 to 6 hours a week when i paint, but sometimes don’t paint for weeks. say 5 hrs a week every other week… thats 200 weeks. If i paint them all to display standard those 200 weeks would become 600 or more weeks :stuck_out_tongue: I actually want to be able play my other armies before i have to take a nap halfway trough a game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Gold resin? :thinking: that would be expensive!

And thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another WIP.

Red all done, now comss the Gold… lots and lots of Gold!

5 Likes

Great progress, keep it up!

The trim on the armor wil probably be silver in the end.

6 Likes

Slow progress is still progress right…

1 Like

nice base you have back there!
is that FW bull printed too?
and what is that big fella on the right?? so curious!