Hotstuff's 3D Print Experiments

Hey All!

So I’m working on fixing what was left of my big hats before selling most of the them over a decade ago. I had several Death Rockets missing parts and many plastic Big Hats that had all their axe’s and hat spikes clipped off. Being somewhat of a CAD monkey and with the advent of these lovely resin printers, I thought I’d have a go at making the models for the missing parts. I don’t have a resin printer myself so I don’t know how they will come out and if I got the details right for SLA. So if anyone wants to have a go and let me know how they turn out, I’m sharing my work in progress. (I’m working with a forum member to have them printed for myself either way).

https://cults3d.com/en/users/Hotstuff/3d-models

I’m also doing some shields in the Chaos Merauder style and size, but with the right symbols.

Again WIP and very open to suggestions here!

19 Likes

Downloaded them from your link on discord. Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh man, WHAT A LOVELY DAY!!

1 Like

Discord!?! What else am I missing out on? This stuff is great! Thanks for your efforts.

3 Likes

Chaos Dwarfs Online @Nicodemus

2 Likes

First prints looking promising.

So, I really dig the look of the death rocket when people mount it backwards facing up. Doesn’t make sense though as it would topple. Thinking of making an alternative base to realize this look properly.

10 Likes

Dude!!! The axe heads… the shields… chef’s kiss I’ve been looking for similar 3D print files for a while. The inclusion of the wheels is just the cherry on top. I’ve got a few war machines that just needed good wheels, but now it’s possible to make new war machines with wheels that match the rest of the army… not to mention I can now mount Death Rockets on everything ;). My airship had 8, but they were the actual metal fully assembled Death Rocket models in metal. If I just had the rockets I could easily modify the interior to accommodate 10-12 (5-6 per side), plus more on-deck. Hmmm airship 2.0

6 Likes

Haha! There’s more coming. Also doing a revision on the wheels. The woodgrain wasn’t great…

3 Likes

Here’s a small update with improved wood grain on the wheels and shields.
Also added a variant of the first shield and a new bullskull design. More to come soon.

12 Likes

Collecting all the symbols I could find in the army book.

9 Likes

Don’t forget the unique one that showed up in the forgettable Dreadfleet game (see hull of vessel). Cool Chaos Dwarf reference and I’ve used the symbol a number of times since:

My favourite of the bunch you’ve transcribed is the one you have labeled as “Squid?”, LOL. I’ve got that plastered all over my vehicles and terrain!

~N

6 Likes

Personally I’m building a very classic big hat army so I’ve only included the period symbols. The dreadfleet is clearly an updated mask style and the horns are more like crab legs? Or rams perhaps. A harpoon up the center. It’s very detailed. I can put it on a shield if you like, while I’m working on the other symbols anyway.

2 Likes

holy shit man! your work is sublime!! what software are you using? they look fantastic!!

1 Like

Thanks! I use SolidWorks.

2 Likes

Okay… Done with shields… For now.
Hope you guys like em. Again, I’ve not printed them myself so consider them WIP.

Oh, let me know which ones you like most or variants you’d like to see. Or other symbol requests. I’ll get to them eventually. I’ve included blank or plain wood shields which you can use to put your own symbols on.

Next up, more rocket launcher.

12 Likes

All of these are lovely!!

3 Likes

I FUCKING MEAN
I JUST NOTICED
:skull1:

immagine

7 Likes

Pretty fly for a tusked guy…

4 Likes

Printed a few of your shields. They are perfect. Cheers

4 Likes

I’m so pleased you like them! So tempted to get a printer myself, but €…

1 Like