Kev adams cd sculpts

A guy called Matt broughton (oldhammer facebook group) has got kev adams making sime amazing cds.
Maybe if we all peer pressure him to make them available to buy…it may be so…? Haha

Very original looking

20 Likes

Oh my shit!!! Kev adams is a legend and these look great. Yes please. Pressure away!

5 Likes

That battle standard bearer is by far the best ive ever seen, there is nothing like it

3 Likes

@Zoddtheimmortal casting would be a great option. So too would be scanning.the other group we are both in have people who have the tech to do commissions on this. One dude I speak To semi regular Would deffo be able to do it. Let’s hope this dude is the sharing is caring kinda person and wants to sell models or STLs

4 Likes

Surely this is an opportunity for @Admiral and the gang - altho I’ve no doubt Kev isn’t short of mates who dabble in hobbycasting

3 Likes

Definitely. Some folk with money like the idea of getting a special set of one off minis tho. Others are about getting them out to the masses. Depends what the dude commissioning Kev wants I guess

2 Likes

Remember when Vince said he saw a glimpse of my future… yeah nah.

3 Likes

Haha @chitzkoi youve proven yourself to be the sharing is caring kind already haha.

1 Like

Commissioning shit seems cool but I don’t think I could get behind the economics of it, says man who today unboxed sealed 1980s spider rider blisters imported from America

2 Likes

Anyway. If Matt likes chorfs THAT much, why isn’t he here??? Let’s reach out and see if he wants to show us what he does with them, it would be make a great blog.

5 Likes

I did say on facebook that i posted his photos here. Matt is getting them cast, maybe there is hope… :cd1980:

6 Likes

You’re doing Hashuts work @Zoddtheimmortal :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These look sick as mate! Very cool and exciting they are going to be cast too.

@Oxymandias If your mate is doing 3d scanning of miniatures, could you get some info for me on the machine he uses and such? I been asking around down here about getting a model scanned and the bastards want a fortune. A friend and I have been talking along time about getting some models sculpted then scanning them so they could be reproduced for some board game projects we have but at $200+ per model scanned is F%#@ed up to say the least!! One board game project containing 20 mini’s would be $4000+ to convert!!
I think it would be better to buy a machine that does the scanning but there is so much shit out there and the people I have spoken with have been more interested in commissioning my scan rather than selling me a scanner that would do the job.

1 Like

Cool, the ones spotted on Instagram from early this year! Looks great… :drooling_face:

Amazing, imagine if we could get him to do hobgoblins, that would be a dream come true (perhaps a fund raiser? :wink:).

@Deebo & @Oxymandias I happen to work with industrial laser scanners in my day job. Not all 3D scanning technologies are the same and if you want to capture all these fine details, you usually want to have a laser line scanner (Photogrammetry, i.e. 3D scanning with two or more cameras, is fun and cheap but not very suited for our applications I believe - structured light scanning is somewhere in between quality-wise). The scanners I work with usually cost around 5000-10000 Euros per unit (mind if something has ‘industrial’ in the name it makes things at least 5 times more expensive), so even if this guy uses industrial grade laser scanners, $200 per model sounds like a hefty price tag. :tongue:

2 Likes

Hey @Anzu yeah I’ve played around with photometry with my dad . Has some
Okay results . The dude I’m talking to uses a laser based one designed for some kind of dental application and the results are CRiSP . I’ll dm you some pics mate. Great for duplicating your own sculpts and multiplying them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Obligatory disclaimer that CDO does not condone the scanning and reproduction of minis to which you do not own the rights. Scanning and printing classic GW minis is a big no no, yadda yadda…

:wink:

4 Likes

Naturally @Lord_of_Uzkulak

I was only suggesting this as a legal arrangement agreed with the owners of the models.

I see it being a great route for traditional sculptors to get their work out to 3D printing customers tho. May well see more of it in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh I know you were, just putting the obligatory disclaimer so that no one gets the idea of taking a classic mini, scanning it, printing it and distributing it to all of us. But I know no one here would ever think about doing that now would they? :wink::wink:

1 Like

Do what now? Get a model, that has been oop for longer then some of our members are on this very planet, 3d scanned and printed??? Who would do that…

Seriously… Don’t do that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes