Lammasu Sorcerer wip

Hi all,

Firstly praise Hashut! :fire::fire::fire:

Secondly, I’ve not used discourse before so apologies if I’m doing anything wrong. I was recommended to join and this place looks awesome! :slight_smile:

Here are some wips of my lammasu. This model is a real beast of a mini full of lovely shapes, details and character. If you like these I have more on my Instagram page.

www.instagram.com/goblingreen2021/

I hope you enjoy and would love to hear what you think.

23 Likes

Welcome @Goblingreen2021 ! Wow! What a beautiful recreation of the original paint scheme on this classic mini. It looks amazing! Keep us posted on progress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Praise Hashut indeed!

What an amazing first post, classic mini and a classic paintjob

I really like the black you’ve done on the skin and horns on the sorcerer

2 Likes

oh yes man! finally you are here as well!
i love them so much, great scheme and the paint it’s so smooth.
great great great start!!

2 Likes

Gnarly! I hope you post more as you wrap up.

2 Likes

Welcome to the discourse Goblingreen, the Lamassu is looking excellent, can’t wait to see more.

1 Like

Good to see you made it! Welcome home :wink:. Lovely models, as I said on IG!

3 Likes

Welcome! That’s a great start, looking forward to more!

2 Likes

A warm welcome! Very nice start, even if it is only a BigHat … :wink:

2 Likes

Wonderful recreation of the aoriginal art :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Superb! And great pics!

2 Likes

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

Thank you for the lovely replies! Another WIP incoming. Great to see some names from Instagram and Facebook! Hello again :slight_smile:

So nearly there now on this guy. I’m away for a week’s holiday but sneeking in some research for how to do the banners. If anyone has any advice on this, it would be much appreciated :+1::+1::+1:

Thanks again all, this place is awesome! :grin::grin::grin:

17 Likes

Loving the colours, looks awesome! :hatoff: :beer:

2 Likes

Wow, a very nice paintjob and somehow like the picture on the box nur much better. :smiley:

I like the old style and I think what you’re doing is fantastic.

That makes me want to paint my Lamasu.

Because of the flags, do you mean what to paint on or how to make flags?

3 Likes

This keeps getting better and better! Apart from the perfect paint scheme this is amazing reference. I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor? Could you measure the sorcerer height and lammasu length excactly for me? I am trying to get the scale right for my own little guys (and mount).

5 Likes

Welcome! I’ve been following this on instagram and just love your work on this guy, he’s going to come out better than the box art when he’s done. Really inspirational!

4 Likes

Hi all,
Another cheeky Saturday update. Another step forwards.
I will get some answers and measurements for the above today too. Thanks again for all the lovely comments. It’s a very kind community in here ,:grin:

12 Likes

7 Likes

For the banners, I’ve not made them. I’ve ended up photocopying the box art and painting over the top but I’m not sure about the paper it’s on, it’s a bit thin, so I’m trying to look into some other options before committing.

1 Like

Looking really good mate! For your banners, may I suggest some extra thick parchment paper from the newsagent, can usually get it in a variety of GSM and has a nice texture. Failing that, I have seen @Loidrial do some amazing things with an old T-shirt! Would probs need to use a light box to trace from your print to the fabric though.

1 Like