Legion of Jaskorh [2024-03-31]

a thing to figure out is the crew can not be scaled down to 70% since they would like like dwarfs with extra dwarfism… but at larger scale ( i think i did 85 or 90 on them) they sort of look out of place on the cannon.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, will keep it in mind!
From the looks of it I would assume the Anzu Cannon also wouldn’t be too big if printed at 85 or 90…

1 Like

True, but the piece with the wings is pretty big. 100% would deffinetly not fit my photon. 85 would i believe, but not sure anymore.

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh I see, ok well that is really good to know now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It issue is actually only one model. The rest looks fine to me.

This guy is the troublemaker.

Thinking about putting him on a separate base with the telescope instead of on the cannon.

5 Likes

Good work-around, and FW did the same with the one from the Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher, so it’s not even unheard of.

Man, that model looks so good! Can’t wait to have 3D printer eventually. Going to be wild.

3 Likes

Next from the assembly line: A Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher.

A fine little kit, makes for a nice addition to the Train o’ Pain

10 Likes

These are looking so good mate. Putting them together like a well oiled machine!

2 Likes

The death shrieker is beautiful!

2 Likes

Haha thanks, yeah I was in the zone the last days. Now comes the Dreadquake, boy that is a beast! The main chassis won’t even fit in my supersonic cleaner :sweat_smile: Not sure if I can get him done this week as well, although it would be a great accomplishment for me.

1 Like

Neat assembly. By the way, you’re courageous to glue everything together without any selective undercoat painted into difficult crevices. :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought about it obviously. There are conflicting deliberations at hand. On the one hand, it’s super frustrating when you cannot reach a detail to paint it. Bugs me out. On the other hand, for the longest time I’ve played with partially assembled models, riders falling off their horses etc. And that frustrates me even more! I want to play with my army, I have always been a gamer first. That also explain why I have hundreds (might be thousands across all games/armies) of unpainted models. I want to eventually paint my Chaos Dwarfs, of course I do, but it might be years before it comes to that. And I want to enjoy my games until that day comes. Secondly, I am also in the “if I can’t reach it I can probably also not see it [well], so who cares”. There are compromises, e.g. Shields. Those I usually leave separate, I can easily fix them with Blu Tack for playing but then take off for painting. For these wonderful Legion of Azgorh models, especially the Train o’ Pain, I will definitely be using an airbrush (of course that means first getting one and then learning how to properly use it), which should allow me to at least get a base coat even into the difficult crevices, which should be just right for the shadows.

4 Likes

same fo me… though the dreadquake i left in a few sub parts because it is soooooo big.

EDIT: i have the wheel carriages seperate from the main bed, and the mortar turret, crew and ogre are all seperate.

1 Like

I hear you. So the crew will definitely be left, there’s also a lot which can be done by pinning. I could also see myself not gluing the Mortar itself. This is all down to the individual model

Praise Hashut!
Day and night the slaves have toiled in the forges of hell (read: I was cleaning and cutting and filing and clipping and glueing until 1am) to grant me an army fit for the rulers of the Dark Lands, and now the earth trembles impacts from the colossal Dreadquake Mortar.

Yet again, pretty chuffed about that model And the Mortar can actually be moved on the large cogs! How cool is that?

Yes, same here. I am still thinking about glueing the wheel carriages in, and I am not decided on the Mortar itself. A magnet come in handy there! But of course I should better have done that before putting it all together. But it’s also pretty solid as it is. I’ll see.

And that is my Train o’ Pain complete. Honestly I am quite proud I could pull it off in five days work.

9 Likes

You are making me want one now that they have stopped selling them. Nice one. Looking forward to seeinng it painted! Get the match sticks out for the eyelids!

2 Likes

I can imagine, and I’m truly sorry I started building the army right when FW stopped selling them. :see_no_evil:

Oh it will be quite a while before they will see any paint. Probably just as long if not longer than when they sat unassembled in a box. We’re talking years here.

1 Like

Amen - I’m exactly the same

1 Like

Im the exact opposite. I point the model at impossible angles trying to make sure everying is painted to the same level. I do notice often my chaos dwarves look better painted from the back than the front…

How you guys sleep at night…geez!

Hashut knows…he is watching and judging accordingly!

2 Likes

Haha, well I do paint my models to the same standard al around as well :slight_smile: I just don’t like to subassemble too much, especially not for troops. And definitely not to the point where I can’t play. For my 100 model Night Goblin horde i even glued 5 models to a 40x40mm base and then painted them :sweat_smile: the only models I have currently subassembled and held together with rubber bands are my Gyrocopters and Gyrobombers, mainly because of the cockpit and pilot. It’s so nicely detailed, I cannot bring myself to bury it all beneath each other and leave it unpainted. (Although this makes zero sense, because these are details which you are literally unable to see in the end)

Yes, Hashut wants painted models. But first and foremost he wants me to crush his enemies. With my pile of unpainted plastic/resin/metal so large, I couldn’t play for years, if I left everything subassembled.

1 Like