Loidrial's blog - Pizza, Mandolino e Nani del Chaos

The bloodbowl team is fantastic. I love the color scheme.

1 Like

Eddy, you sir keep amazing me with your painting skills… and sculpting skills… and dioramas… and voice volume… and hate for non italian cuisine… but mainly the first hobby stuff…

3 Likes

@Antenor @Bassman thanks guys! A simple scheme helped the paint job I guess!

Also yes, agree with Antenor and @Zoddtheimmortal too, the hobbo looks better without neck! I edited the 3d head and re printed few in different sizes, this is the winner

I also printed few more things! Warploque boar centaurs, then all of this!

Warmaster Chaos warriors and heroes, and a giant D&D Dwarf with the add with meshmixer, using @Fabelzel hat!)

Also @MichaelX well thx man! I always seen myself as the jack of all trades but master of none xD

8 Likes

Love to see your progress here! That BB team will look so good… Will be interesting to see your choice of Minotaur and Centaurs as well. And remember there is nothing wrong with owning several teams of the same race, I used to own 7 halfling teams. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ed… im shamelessly stealing your bloodbowl idea…

2 Likes

You fuck! Tell me when you find suitable Hobbos xD

3 Likes

Here as requested! Although not mino yet, only the Centaurs!

They scale perfectly, the proportions companred to Fabelzel mods are a bit different, bigger body but shorter torso, in the end the final size is the same as his (and our classic) bull centaurs

Gotta be intuitive for a mino next, maybe something in a hero quest style can help the cause!

10 Likes

These look amazing, can’t wait to see you out a lick of paint on them with the way the way blood bowl team turned out

All the centaurs printed out great. People inc me will be jealous of your helm blood bowl team when its painted.

1 Like

And, as random as usual, you already seen on my 3d sculpts post, but I’ve done another CD bust!
I love busts for many reasons, they are quite big, but there isn’t that much to paint being a section.
The same applies while sculpting then, it allows me to focus on quality and not quantity (it will take years of work before I’ll be able to be a real sculptor, and i don’t even think it will ever happen xD)

Anyway this is what I had, and this is what I have now!

WIP halfway there

Final Result

The small bust (the one i painted) is 6cm tall, the other is 7.5 and i’ll try to paint him like the digital painting i did of the actual sculpt!

9 Likes

I dare say, someone is taking the big hat to the next level :hatoff:

1 Like

Very cool

1 Like

Big hat to the next LAYER xD
Thanks guys!

A WIP of this afternoon! Gonna paint this one like the 3d paintingn I made!

Unfortunately layers of the 3d printer are visible in pictures, not so much live.
Gotta try and print with smaller layers and see what happens next!

13 Likes

The bust looks great, especially the implied “drunkard’s nose”! :wink: I am thrilled! :metal:

2 Likes

He looks amazing. Great work. I too love the nose!

3 Likes

Artisan Contest update!
As noooooooooooone could have guessed it, i made this animated gif!
hobboslap0
it was quite a long process due to the amount of way too many things i always do lol

as always, stupid ideas started to spiral in my head, but after 2 days of random thoughts, BRIAN came to mind (Please, if you dont know who Brian is, go check our meme section NOW)

Came up with the idea of Batman Slapping Robin meme, and i decided to work on it.
Guys. Please. Try to have a plan in mind at first, because just going without track, this is what i made in the start hauhuahuahuahuahuhau
hobbo slap
HAUHAUHUAHUA GOOD THING I TOOK A MOMENT FOR LOOKING AT THIS DISGUSTING STUFF AHUHAUHUAHUA IT HAUNTS ME!

Took bit of time to draw the 2 main keyframes on a smaller canvas, then moved on from here
hobboslap0
hobboslap1
and the result is what you seen in the contest!
hobboslap0

I took advantage of my previous work, using this as base :hob2020: and turning it into :cry:
Well, that’s it! Thanks again to everyone who liked my entry and voted for my crazy ass!
:hat8::spoon: CIAO!
:smile0: < Long Live Brian!

15 Likes

Wow digital art dude. I am in awe. I can barely do email.

Loved this btw!

3 Likes

Things spiral in a chaotic way in this particular side of the forum!!
Yesterday @Antenor contacted me asking if I could make an artwork of his awesome Napoleonic CD shown here:
immagine

I gladly accepted because i really dig this sculpt of his, and after 3ish hours of work, I came up with this:
Antenor

Once again, my blog is a Chaotic mess with so many things going on at once!

@Antenor thanks for the opportunity! it was great fun to draw your excellent model!
I took the liberty to change couple of things from the original sculpt, but it’s all there, just some changes due to the drawing itself.

What do you guys think? This drawing couldnt have been possible without his Austrian brilliant mind!

16 Likes

Dear @Loidrial , thank you very much for this wonderful picture! I’m still baffled by how quickly this went. For everyone, here’s how this happened: I asked Eddy tentatively if he would be at all interested in doing something like this, in the course of that same afternoon he sent me his first sketch, and the next day it was all done.

The result is amazing. It really makes the idea I had of this dwarf come to life, which is exactly what I had hoped for. See how evilly excited he looks! Thanks again, Eddy, and I already told you I’ll be back to haunt you if the next sculpt ever gets finished. :hatoff:

6 Likes